Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (H) 3-0 - 23 Dec - Post-Match Thread

So if you look at the replay of the first goal, Daka was offside.. defender was closest to the goal, but Daka was closer to the goal than the goalkeeper was when he received the ball. I’m pretty sure that’s offside isn’t it?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holly B said:

Proud to say I was there when Mavididi  recorded the highest shot ever recorded by an LCFC player …

That dubious honour goes to Jeff Schlupp vs Everton 16th August 2016. This was then recreated by Wilf on practically a weekly basis between January 2017 and May 2023. 

As a kid, if someone did this during a kick around or for the school team we'd call it a 'Kirby and West' because if anyone skied a shot at Filbert Street you'd hear it thud against the advertising hoarding on the double decker from inside the Kop. At the other end - 'the North Stand' it would end up in the street. 

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

So if you look at the replay of the first goal, Daka was offside.. defender was closest to the goal, but Daka was closer to the goal than the goalkeeper was when he received the ball. I’m pretty sure that’s offside isn’t it?

Don't matter, it was given and we won :)

• Like 1

They were beyond shocking. Just sat off us all game, must have been ten yards inside their own half with little to no press.

I didn’t think we were poor first half, thought we played well, and clearly looked the superior team, we just needed that extra bit of juice to break them down. 

Second half was much better, Daka is proving how vital he is, off the ball he is a mess, but he has an ability to get into the right place at the right time, I’m a fan of him at the moment, he’s going to score a lot of goals in this league, and they are just through being in the right place. 

We looked even better with Praet on the pitch, Wilf isn’t as good against teams like this, as he just hasn’t got that tight technique you need to unlock a low block, Praet created a lot of space with some clever movement. 

Mavididi had another funny game, I wish he would take on and commit his full back more, sometimes he looks like that overzealous lad at school who just spent 15 minutes twitching without actually doing anything with the ball! Other times he’s devastating! 

Another odd observation was Praet, not changed his boots for a few seasons, hasn’t had his hair cut for a fair old while either…. Usually that’s a sign of a “run out of ****s” look, you know the kind, when you’ve got a week or so left in your current role, because you’ve got a new job lined up, and you’ve pretty much at 10% of ****s, if that, so you looks a bit scruffy, don’t cut your hair, leave turds in trap two without flushing…. That kind of thing……. He’s normally well presented, but he seems a bit scruffy and looking like he can’t be anused at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They were beyond shocking. Just sat off us all game, must have been ten yards inside their own half with little to no press.

I didn’t think we were poor first half, thought we played well, and clearly looked the superior team, we just needed that extra bit of juice to break them down. 

Second half was much better, Daka is proving how vital he is, off the ball he is a mess, but he has an ability to get into the right place at the right time, I’m a fan of him at the moment, he’s going to score a lot of goals in this league, and they are just through being in the right place. 

We looked even better with Praet on the pitch, Wilf isn’t as good against teams like this, as he just hasn’t got that tight technique you need to unlock a low block, Praet created a lot of space with some clever movement. 

Mavididi had another funny game, I wish he would take on and commit his full back more, sometimes he looks like that overzealous lad at school who just spent 15 minutes twitching without actually doing anything with the ball! Other times he’s devastating! 

Another odd observation was Praet, not changed his boots for a few seasons, hasn’t had his hair cut for a fair old while either…. Usually that’s a sign of a “run out of ****s” look, you know the kind, when you’ve got a week or so left in your current role, because you’ve got a new job lined up, and you’ve pretty much at 10% of ****s, if that, so you looks a bit scruffy, don’t cut your hair, leave turds in trap two without flushing…. That kind of thing……. He’s normally well presented, but he seems a bit scruffy and looking like he can’t be anused at the moment. 

If Praet genuinely cba, Enzo would have him nowhere near the squad. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Top of the league easy 3-0 win. Crowd half empty by 85 mins, embarrassing goal music blasted out as soon as ref blows his whistle. Standard stuff 

We commented today how few people had left early compared to the previous home game.

Their keeper was woeful - easily the worst keeper we have played against this year. So many shots just bounced off him.

You can see why they are bottom of the table - awful team.

Ref tried his best to help them though - must have felt sorry for them.

2 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Their keeper was woeful - easily the worst keeper we have played against this year. So many shots just bounced off him.

Isn't their keeper an academy graduate of ours? Completely agree though. Awful keeper.

• Like 1

@Unabomber I think we’re flogging a dead horse with respect to atmosphere and people leaving early…. It’s happened for years, for as long as I can remember, even when we won the PL it wasn’t until the latter part of the season that, that largely stopped. I don’t think it will change unfortunately. Bloke near me leaves on 80 minutes ever week without fail……. Imagine the amount of late goals he has missed over the years….. all to beat the traffic. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

There were at least 3 players (including the keeper) playing him onside when the ball was played. When you receive the ball has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's like trying to explain the offside rule to the wife 

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

And that's the reason we let him go. He's the original Iverson, but wouldn't lace Logan's boots