Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Rotherham (H) 3-0 - 23 Dec - Post-Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There were at least 3 players (including the keeper) playing him onside when the ball was played. When you receive the ball has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's like trying to explain the offside rule to the wife 

I do know the rules of offside and it’s when the ball is passed.i saw the still and glad that it was onside

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I do know the rules of offside and it’s when the ball is passed.i saw the still and glad that it was onside

"but Daka was closer to the goal than the goalkeeper was when he received the ball. I’m pretty sure that’s offside isn’t it?"

but that's not what you said........?? :whistle:

😉

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

"but Daka was closer to the goal than the goalkeeper was when he received the ball. I’m pretty sure that’s offside isn’t it?"

but that's not what you said........?? :whistle:

😉

Because  he received the ball at that stage  I assumed it was passed at that stage.

no need to get your knickers in a twist about it!

Just now, MPH said:

Because  he received the ball at that stage  I assumed it was passed at that stage.

no need to get your knickers in a twist about it!

I'm really not getting any under garments in a twist. Take a breath, see the jovial undertones in what I'm saying and admit you've been a bit of a plonker. 

Untangle your pants and stop the over use of exclamation marks 😘

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

I'm really not getting any under garments in a twist. Take a breath, see the jovial undertones in what I'm saying and admit you've been a bit of a plonker. 

Untangle your pants and stop the over use of exclamation marks 😘

I have already said that I was delighted to be wrong? Go and enjoy what’s left of your Saturday night.

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Because it was a pen. Would have been a Red if it was outside of the box. 

Red card does not apply to a DOGSO offence inside the box, if it’s an attempt to win the ball 

I thought it was outside the box :dunno: but happy with the pen.

I think, though, that the comment was in reference to how he really should have had a second yellow for time wasting.

Edited by Lillehamring

4 hours ago, Holly B said:

Proud to say I was there when Mavididi  recorded the highest shot ever recorded by an LCFC player …

That was horrible.  And he had soooo much time and space.

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That was horrible.  And he had soooo much time and space.

As I recollect, he hit it first time on the volley where perhaps he should have taken an extra touch to bring it down/control it. 

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Playing on the left today, I have no idea why him and Justin were swapped, but I thought he was superb…

i suspect his average pitch position was insane 

Could be due to JJ having a stinker against brum, but probably just tactical - either way, it seemed to do the trick, Faes was less scary and justin was...well he played ok

They were horrific. Imagine travelling the country for that. You can see why they cheered quite early on when they made a few passes.

We executed our game play to a tee. First half was frustrating as they actually defended well but you knew as soon as we came out 2nd half that we would win, it was just a matter of time.

Merry Christmas one and all.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Biggest shock there is they made 265 passes. 

They had a few phases of possession and held the ball at the back quite a bit - just didn't get much into our half with it.

7 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

As I recollect, he hit it first time on the volley where perhaps he should have taken an extra touch to bring it down/control it. 

Very much so, no one near him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Anyone notice the state of  the pitch?

Looking a little worn and what was with those 4 square patches around the centre?

First time I've been for a while and I said to my mate I thought the pitch looked poor, was really slowing the ball down.

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Their keeper was woeful - easily the worst keeper we have played against this year. So many shots just bounced off him.

You can see why they are bottom of the table - awful team.

Ref tried his best to help them though - must have felt sorry for them.

Johansson is highly rated by a lot of fans from other Championship clubs. Some said he was one of the best keepers in the Championship last year and Second Tier Podcast picked him in their best XI of this season back in October. I watched him when he was with our U23s and was really impressed with his shot stopping (I would say Iversen level). He also had a huge part to play in taking points off Leeds and Southampton this season (Soton had 10 shots on target and he saved 9). Yet he was terrible against us today... Agent Johansson doing a Leif Davis for us :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Could be due to JJ having a stinker against brum, but probably just tactical - either way, it seemed to do the trick, Faes was less scary and justin was...well he played ok

I think because Bramall Their No3 was rapid and Justin is faster than Faes