Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Ipswich (A) Match Thread

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Me neither. He hasn't played a lot so suprise inclusion but looks a bit naff on the ball and looks like he can be got at defensively 

Is a strange game to put him in, better to give him minutes at end of Rotherham game.  Not as good under pressure as Vesty.

Any reason given for JJ being dropped?

I still don’t get why people complain about this style of play by the way. We generate so many half chances.

They've obviously forgotten the games where we generated nothing against Arsenal and Newcastle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In terms of the gameplan, it's working brilliantly. For a lot of that half, Ipswich looked like they were chasing shadows. We were playing out of their press beautifully and made some really dangerous moves. My only criticism is that I feel like we should have scored another goal to put daylight between us. At 1-0 the game is still in the balance and a mistake or good set piece can always net a goal for them.

However, overall this is first against second and we look miles better than them. They are still the story of this Championship season given the resources they have available compared to us, but regardless the team is looking really impressive. Some of our play is a joy to watch.

Im often surprised how often we win the ball back in the oppositions half... seems uncommonly regular

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Is a strange game to put him in, better to give him minutes at end of Rotherham game.  Not as good under pressure as Vesty.

I’m guessing we’re managing JJ. Enzo made some comment previously about playing people that are 100% 

Just now, Sly said:

I still don’t get why people complain about this style of play by the way. We generate so many half chances.

They've obviously forgotten the games where we generated nothing against Arsenal and Newcastle. 

That Arsenal game, we had less xg than Rotherham at the weekend, and how much did they create?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Protecting him.. too many long term injuries 

Just now, nathan. said:

Coady looking nervous .

Wout and Vesty have been immense so far. 

I’m guessing he’ll build confidence as he plays. He’s not a natural ball playing defender like Vesty though. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

That Arsenal game, we had less xg than Rotherham at the weekend, and how much did they create?

I don’t recall anything about that game at all.  So I’m guessing nothing. 

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Coady looking nervous .

Wout and Vesty have been immense so far. 

He's looking nervous but he hasn't been too bad to be honest. Not been out of position yet and not given any noticeably bad passes away, unlike mads n vesty

Would feel more comfortable to see jj come on though

Need a second early in this half, the longer it goes 1-0 with us messing about at the back the more nervy we'll become.

But must not concede early and let them get on top

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m guessing we’re managing JJ. Enzo made some comment previously about playing people that are 100% 

I recall reading somewhere (perhaps the Mercury, but not sure) that he had a slight knock in Rotherham game