Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Ipswich (A) Match Thread

Genuinely watching that the whole second half looked like we could throw the win away! 
 Very Poor with the ball offensively and passive when defending, Coady does not follow his man leaving him to recieve the ball easily and Nacho I just want him Gone to be honest so lazy to watch the lad beat a midfielder and nacho to be in a perfect position to help yet stands watching, some questionable kicks from Mads too BUT……WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE 👌🏼

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We had lots of chances in the first half to take the game away from them. Was just too lazy. Nacho is just anonymous. I fear for when AFCON starts. We are just not the same without Wilf. Why not bring Cannon on instead of Nacho? 

Terrible decision. 

Mavididi scored a cracking goal but other than that he was wasteful and surrendered possession far too easily, especially in the closing stages of the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Bit of an over reaction here, yes disappointing to concede so late, but they should have had a player sent off, and we should have had a peno.

Agree but we played poorly .. bad subs today when only 1 up against a decent team.. we let them in like we always seem to.

Most importantly it's a draw away to 2nd.. would've taken that at kick off

Yeah, the mistake was taking off Wilf and KDH for Cas and Yunus. Not a problem individually but you're taking two busy players with good engines that work at both ends for two players that only really function at the other end of the pitch you're giving up a level of control, as has been mentioned Hamza with one of the other two would have given a better balance. Saying that we should have had a penalty and their goal was a freak effort really.

Let's not forget this is the team in 2nd. We have no right to control the majority of the game or piss it, and they didn't really threaten too much, even with us giving up the middle of the park. A double deflected speculative shot that's ended up an OG has got them a point at home. Not a win. A few lessons to learn, some positives, a disappointing finish but by and large I thought we played a good game. Just needed to do a little more at times.

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Agree but we played poorly .. bad subs today when only 1 up against a decent team.. we let them in like we always seem to.

Most importantly it's a draw away to 2nd.. would've taken that at kick off

I wouldn’t have taken off N’didi and KDH.

Edited by Kinowe Soorie
Tiredness.