Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Thinks that’s a massive thing with Casadei we lost all control of the game cause he’s doesn’t know how to hold his position the amount of times they were getting pockets of space when he came on then they built off the momentum from it

We were turning it over consistently in the middle with KDH and Wilf in there, it was a real battle around the centre circle.

That disappeared when we took them off and we were pushed back fifteen yards for the rest of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Obvious pen, obvious red, deflected equaliser in stoppage time. Still win the league by a mile 

Sky sports still wanking over Ipswich though, if you just walked in and didn't know the score you'd think they'd won 4-1

• Sad 1

Crap subs, Casadei in particular showing why Chelsea are so easy to beat right now with another powderpuff display that wouldn't look out of place at Stamford Bridge.

But hats off to Ipswich, showed today why they're so hard to beat, the tenacious sods.

I think we saw the two promoted teams play today,  which makes me happy knowing one of Leeds or Southampton, if not both, won't be joining us. 

Edited by OntarioFox

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

The game should have been over in the first half.

I think it was a penalty in the first half. Definitely a penalty in the second half.

They should be a man down.

We lost control with some terrible substitutions. I can’t see us taking Casadei or Agnus next season. Iheanacho offered nothing when he replaced Daka. I half hope we sell him this month and put a cap on his Leicester career. The fact he’s not universally loved totally comes from the fact he’s so hit and miss. 

They pressed us from the off but the defence looked comfortable. It’s not like they created loads and loads of chances, causing Mads to make save after save. 

Out crappy Boxing Day results continue. 

Anyone got any xG numbers? 

100% wasn't a pen in the first half, clearly won the ball. The Coady one didn't hit his hand and the KDH was the most stonewall pen you'll see all season.  Pathetic that the ref couldn't get himself into a position to see it..

• Like 2

Just now, Beachyboy said:

They didn't really threaten as we defended well, but a 1 goal lead is always dangerous and it’s frustrating that we were not more positive to get the 2nd goal. This team doesn’t look like it has a clean sheet in it when put under 45 minutes of sustained pressure.

Agree completely, need to be a little more positive and be better extending those leads in these kinds of games. We’ve been incredibly wasteful at times in more than just the game.

We really have problems up front. We were noticeably worse once Kel came on for Daka. Luckily Daka hit some form recently else we’d be in a far worse position already.

On the plus we’re yet to completely collapse and lose from a winning position, but two last minute equalisers is poor.

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Subs absolutely killed us, lost all control and energy when the two cms came off! 

Was strange to take them both off and not take at least one of the wingers off. Feel like we need another 8 in Jan as we lack when we don't have Wilf or KDH

• Like 2

Dreadful referee. If we were Notts Forest we’d be writing a complaint letter to PGMOL.- absolute nailed on penalty, clear red card before that.

I appreciate that we had to rotate but the fact is we lost control because our replacements weakened us. Iheanacho was lazy and made Daka’s average showing suddenly look much better. Akgun should’ve replaced Fatawu not KDH. Coady should’ve been hooked and Justin swapped in, moving Faes into Coady’s spot and Justin to cover the pace of Hutchinson. 

• Like 2

A fair point, can't begrudge Ipswich that. Awful second half though, and although he was okay, generally as soon as Casadei replaced Ndidi we lost control and energy. KDH sucked even more energy out of us, and we looked so, so leggy into the end.

I've had a lot of faith in Nacho, but I've had enough now. Offered nothing. Why Cannon couldn't be brought on to help press better I've no idea. Daka did a great job, but understandably he needed to be protected.

Anyway, 6 points clear of second, Ipswich now holding off the pack from 3rd down. Hope we both go up automatically.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To much Christmas drinking with some of the over reaction posts on here.....

To be honest most posts are fairly mild, and measured, some rightly calling out a few for some sloppy below par performance, but saying a point is a fair reflection not over the top at all really.

Good result, look at the bigger picture it's all good.

A few things for Enzo to think about but most would have taken a point prior.

11 points clear of 3rd end of December?

Yes please Sir.

See you in 2024👍🏾

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

Very poor from enzo tonight. Hopefully lesson learnt we move on 

If we’d won we could say we’re virtually promoted. However I wonder whether that goal will be significant? 

I don’t blame Maresca tonight, we played the same side again so he was probably guarding against injuries. I don’t blame the subs either they’re lacking game time. I thought back 5 played well, we just lost a bit of momentum in the second half. 

Onwards guys… 

Got what we deserved. In fact we were lucky to get a point after a shambles of a second half. Thoroughly in control until Ndidi got booked and the manager decided to put that useless waste of space in the No 7 shirt on.

Casadei cost us two vital points because he is slow, lazy and doesn’t do his job. Send him back to Chelsea pronto.

Edited by Hammo

Need to be more clinical. Had enough chances in that first half to have been out of sight. 

Not the best game for Ricardo and he should have been pulled for Hamza as soon as he picked up the yellow. 

Disappointed with the subs tonight particularly the last one as it should have been 3 players in order to inject more energy in the closing stages as Ipswich are a very hard working side and used their full quota so were always likely to maintain their intensity. 

Really disappointed so far this season with Casadei. Not sure he'll make it in English football. Looks OK technically but seems to really lack the fundamentals to push on. Could see him looking decent in a slower less physically demanding league.