Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Thought the Ndidi sub was little early, not that Casedei was the main reason we lost control. Iheanacho did hold it up a couple of times but you could immediately see the difference the pace of daka makes. 

Seconds away from us all saying it was a battling win that champions do. 

• Like 3

Enzo doing a Rodgers and making awful subs. He did it against Birmingham when he moved KDH to the LW, and we lost all shape. Today we lost all energy and our midfield was played through way too easily, once he made his subs. Nacho unfortunately knows he's not going to be here for long and is playing as such. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

To be honest most posts are fairly mild, and measured, some rightly calling out a few for some sloppy below par performance, but saying a point is a fair reflection not over the top at all really.

Those comments are fair it's some of the other.....

It was a tired performance in my view.

A point away at your nearest rival is never a bad result.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Good first half but as ever not clinical enough with the chances we created.

The game management in the second half was terrible, as were the substitutions. We also used up all of our slots early on so we couldn’t make any more subs in the last 10 to try and stem the tide. Maresca has had a howler there unfortunately.

I’d have taken a point before the game, but that’s a real kick in the teeth after leading for so long.

• Like 2

Just before the goal we were struggling to get out on our left hand side and lost the ball, I said ffs lads mix it up just sometimes, there’s only 2 minutes left, send it up the line for a throw deep in their half. It came straight back and via flukey deflections resulted in a goal. Avoidable.

• Like 2

In the first half We looked like a team from a league above compared to them so it does feel underwhelming. If it wasn’t for the blind cnut ref last minutes would be much more comfortable … We switched to pedestrian mode started pissing about too soon and invited them to have a go.  
But I would take this point before the game, so that’s not too bad. 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Just now, Number 6 said:

Feel like the subs were about managing the schedule. Enzo does this better than most managers in my opinion. Might have cost us today but it's about points over the season.

That's exactly what it was. Enzo went high-risk and was almost rewarded but ultimately, we were really holding on at the end.

• Like 1

They were there for the taking, their passing was like a pound shop leicester!

They huffed and puffed and had a lot of pot shots and headers wide but in reality they had 1 decent shot which hermansen saved well.

Their point is all down to our rubbish game management, very poor refereeing and and extremely lucky goal!

They were growing into the game and we take off 2 of our 3 influential midfielders, I know they can't play every minute, but against a team that have shown they have the ability and we bring on 2 of our physically weakest players? Don't get it?

And nacho...what was the point? Is he still ill?

Regardless of our big lead at the top, we should be looking to wrap this league up as quick as possible! 

Very disappointing, hope they learn from this, not the first time either!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Said it in the match thread, Hamza's physicality was needed there. Totally the wrong game for a lightweight like Yunus to step into.

And these kinds of substitutions have been made ( and consequently put us under pressure ) all season!  Enzo hasn't learnt FA!

• Haha 1

Architects of our own downfall there, both in terms of Enzo's decisions and game management in the 2nd half, particularly in the last 15 minutes.

The subs are copping the flack individually, but I was very disappointed in Winks and Ricardo second half. We needed them on the ball and trying to calm the tempo and instead they went missing and all of our football was played between the back 4 before we were forced into an error or went long.

• Like 1