Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

We’re going to have to give Nacho away in January. Fantastic effort from him second half to not get injured ahead of the only thing he actually cares about. 

Lay a small amount of blame on Enzo there too, no way Nacho should be getting on the pitch, he’s done here, move him on. 

• Like 1

6pts clear of 2nd 11 points clear of 3rd and now over half way, would have liked a win but still top. A decent ref gives a red card and a penalty 10 men and 2 nil does make it a different game. If that clown honestly thought that was no pen well why the hell was KDH not booked. Fair play to Ipswich it is no fluke where they are but they had all the luck going tonight

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Feel like the subs were about managing the schedule. Enzo does this better than most managers in my opinion. Might have cost us today but it's about points over the season.

It's hard to see the bigger picture when you conceede so late, but so many me included were frustrated with the injury record of the squad under the previous guy, so we do have to try and see the bigger vision. If we had 4/5 injuries we would be up shit creek.

• Like 2

Just now, jonny_wright said:

Poor subs from Enzo there, lost all control when Ndidi & KDH came off, ahh well gotta do it all again in 3 weeks without Fatawu, Ndidi, ihenacho, Daka & Souttar 🙃

Who the f**k replaces them?..... Hopefully not the crap subs that came on tonight.   We desperately need some January signings or we're going to really struggle.

• Like 1

Hermansen poor, coady poor, winks shit, KDH shit, ndidi poor (but subbed too early for me), Daka shite, iheanacho shite. I don’t think Akgun is good enough and hope we don’t trigger his loan to buy option. BUT it is a point away from home against 2nd place, hence, not too bad. It hurts now and I’m so frustrated , but hopefully we will all wake up tomorrow and it’ll be a good point at the end of the day. I hope we go on and absolutely batter Cardiff now. Also, hope we get our act together and play Ipswich off the park on Jan 22nd at our place

• Haha 3

As a few have said, Hamza was the change we should've made.. grit and strength and the ability to hold it up. Its done now.

Played Ipswich away , best home team in the league and got a point.. pre match that would've been taken.

Just disappointed because we weren't ourselves and could've easily won this game  plus some bad reffing and a pin ball goal

• Like 2

Guest nathan.
6 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

We really didn’t play well though

We did considering it was Ipswich away.

They played well second half and deserved the luck.  

Edited by nathan.

What annoys me more than anything is that Ipswich are a poor team. I was completely unimpressed by them today, and am baffled they’re even close to the top of the table. 

They were there for the taking, but we just seemed to try and coast through the second half, the ref was gagging to give them something anyway, so we should have buried them. Just bitterly disappointed with how that’s turned out. We let ourselves down tonight and that’s the most disappointing aspect of the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Enzo doing a Rodgers and making awful subs. He did it against Birmingham when he moved KDH to the LW, and we lost all shape. Today we lost all energy and our midfield was played through way too easily, once he made his subs. Nacho unfortunately knows he's not going to be here for long and is playing as such. 

I think he is playing around with the lads a bit. I know that seems mad on the face of it but he hasn't been here all that long. I think he is still learning what individual players can and can't do still. What works and what doesn't. 

I also think tonight helps us with the January transfer window. I think Enzo will know what he needs not just to get us over the line this season but moving into next (hopefully in the Prem). It's a big window of opportunity for us. 

I also think he his thinking about the players we are going to lose to the ACON. The January window could negate the negative impact that will undoubtedly have.

In Enzo I trust

Just now, Notting your mums forest said:

Hermansen poor, coady poor, winks shit, KDH shit, ndidi poor (but subbed too early for me), Daka shite, iheanacho shite. I don’t think Akgun is good enough and hope we don’t trigger his loan to buy option. BUT it is a point away from home against 2nd place, hence, not too bad. It hurts now and I’m so frustrated , but hopefully we will all wake up tomorrow and it’ll be a good point at the end of the day. I hope we go on and absolutely batter Cardiff now. Also, hope we get our act together and play Ipswich off the park on Jan 22nd at our place

Bet Christmas at your place was a barrel of laughs 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Poor subs from Enzo there, lost all control when Ndidi & KDH came off, ahh well gotta do it all again in 3 weeks without Fatawu, Ndidi, ihenacho, Daka & Souttar 🙃

Fatawu is in the provisional squad, Ghana have a number of good wingers too, fingers crossed he doesnt make the final squad tho, 

Turned the TV off with 10 to go as I could see this.

Only thing I can think is that Enzo and the players are only doing a job and they just don't think like a fan and see this game as a chance to go 9 clear of second and deal a mental blow to Ipswich and anyone chasing.

No doubt I'll be ridiculed for moaning we're only 6 points ahead.

I feared we may take a halfass attitude into this one.

I'm disappointed :appl:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, iann1982 said:

We looked tired in the second half. Subs added nothing. Frustrating to lose 2 points that way. Enzo lost the second half tactics wise. Big games against Cardiff and Huddersfield 

That's super harsh to say when we were 2 minutes away from seeing out a win - no amount of tactics can account for a goal that takes two deflections!

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Only thing I can think is that Enzo and the players are only doing a job and they just don't think like a fan and see this game as a chance to go 9 clear of second and deal a mental blow to Ipswich and anyone chasing.

You turned the TV off? How the hell can you do this?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Oh just f**k off 

• Like 4

Decent result to be fair.  Can't help thinking though that the substitutions played in to the hands of Ipswich a bit.  Once we lost Daka, Ndidi and Dewsbury Hall we had no outlet really and we were pretty much penned in, but in Enzo we trust.

Still feel however that we need way too many chances to convert even now 6 points clear.  

Can't complain about their goal however, that's just one of them no one can do anything about.  If it didn't hit Vesty it was actually going well wide.

As long as we back this draw up with a win next game it's been a pretty amazing busy Xmas period.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2