Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Turned the TV off with 10 to go as I could see this.

Only thing I can think is that Enzo and the players are only doing a job and they just don't think like a fan and see this game as a chance to go 9 clear of second and deal a mental blow to Ipswich and anyone chasing.

No doubt I'll be ridiculed for moaning we're only 6 points ahead.

I feared we may take a halfass attitude into this one.

I'm disappointed :appl:

Nice move replicating that home stadium feel 😂

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

They didn't really threaten as we defended well, but a 1 goal lead is always dangerous and its frustrating that we were not more positive to get the 2nd goal. This team doesn’t look like it has a clean sheet in it when put under 45 minutes of sustained pressure.

I think we got the balance right with killing time and taking a chance to counter - the issue wasn't a lack of willingness it was a lack of quality - we had numerous overloads even after casadei came on, only for nacho and mavididi (primarily) to balls it up.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Having won the majority of our games this season, what exactly is it that 'we never learn'?

We never learn to finish teams off… shit tippy tappy football, when we should get rid, especially with a few seconds to go. 
You obviously haven’t been most away games.

probably one who moans because they don’t do the miles…Happy New Year…..👍👍🦊🦊😂😂

21 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Guess you must love this result then.

Wrong decision. Wrong result. Hopefully the 2 pts doesn't end up mattering in the end.

I love football without the interruptions, you win some you lose some. If it does it’s not because of tonight. Should have finished the game in the first half. 

Wasted our opportunity given we were ahead until 90+ mins. 

However, the equaliser had been coming, they missed several big chances and we ultimately didn't have the luck of the officials. 

But, another big point. 

We're 6 clear of 2nd, 11 clear of 3rd and 14 clear of the self claimed best team in the league.

Not our day today, felt like we never settled or got going despite being 1 up.

Before the Saturday games I'd have taken a point today but wanted a win after seeing Leeds put them to the sword last weekend.

Ultimately probably a fair result on reflection but couldn't have moaned had we come away with nothing after that second half performance.

Feels like 2 dropped now but by the end of the month that will be 1 gained

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Only thing I can think is that Enzo and the players are only doing a job and they just don't think like a fan and see this game as a chance to go 9 clear of second and deal a mental blow to Ipswich and anyone chasing.

You turned the telly off with 10 mins to go, then accuse others of having a half arsed attitude. 🤦‍♂️

Frustrating that even though we lost control of the game in the second half we had several chances to break away on the counter but our decision making and/or final pass was poor. Strange to take off our two most physical midfielders towards and replace them both with lightweight creative players - would've prefered to bring hamza for one of Wilf or KDH if they had to come off. 

• Like 1

Any team can look on top of you if you simply give the ball in the middle of the pitch time and time again.

Our players seemed like they didn’t know what the plan was constantly. Get the video out Enzo and review this because we handed that game to them.

• Like 1

Barely looked arsed about the game and it was comfortable. Were simply well above this league and its just a case of getting through the games and putting in at least 50% effort 

Be shocked if Ipswich finish top 2 now. They've looked embarrassingly toothless against us and Leeds. If they go up they'll smash derby's record.

Fair to McKenna, the stuff he's got that squad doing is sensational. He's gonna do well for himself.

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Is this the equivalent of walking out on 85 minutes at a home game!!!