Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Guest Col city fan

Feel a bit deflated with us tonight because a draw against a rival at their gaff is generally a good result.

But I can’t help thinking if we got out of third gear, we’d have won the game.

Whether it was complacency, or tiredness, I’m not sure

Their goal was lucky though! Like bloody pin-ball!

Though I’m not sure what Vestie thought he was doing?

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I love football without the interruptions, you win some you lose some. If it does it’s not because of tonight. Should have finished the game in the first half. 

Apologies. Sorry, lost my head. I agree with you, we should have killed the game. But it's hard to do that when they can take out your players through on goal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Turned the TV off with 10 to go as I could see this.

Only thing I can think is that Enzo and the players are only doing a job and they just don't think like a fan and see this game as a chance to go 9 clear of second and deal a mental blow to Ipswich and anyone chasing.

No doubt I'll be ridiculed for moaning we're only 6 points ahead.

I feared we may take a halfass attitude into this one.

I'm disappointed :appl:

Did you try and beat the traffic? Royston - the leader of the leaving early brigade - part time support - you're just a part time supporter! :scarf:

8 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

We never learn to finish teams off… shit tippy tappy football, when we should get rid, especially with a few seconds to go. 
You obviously haven’t been most away games.

probably one who moans because they don’t do the miles…Happy New Year…..👍👍🦊🦊😂😂

Haven't we won most away games this season? I think it's you doing the moaning. 

Have a safe journey home. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

We’ve been outshot 19-5, xG of 1.05-0.28, had fewer touches in the box, fewer passes in the opposition half, many fewer passes in the final 3rd and we’ve got people saying they were lucky.

We were dogshit and had no solutions. Should have had a penalty from the only bit of incisive play we had second half and a point is absolutely fine but how anyone can say we were lucky or anything but shit is bizarre.

We’re too good for the division overall, I knew that’d be the case at the final whistle against West Ham but I’ve seen very little from us that gives me any confidence we’re not coming straight back without a blinder of a summer. If we played Southampton now I think it would be a different story and it’s the only time we’ve played well against the current top 6.

I've found that you're often guilty of not appreciating nuance when reading and presenting statistics in your posts.

Most of those Ipswich shots were pops from outside the box. 

We could have played better of course, but a lot of our chances didn't result in shots because of poor decisions, and our early lead gives Ipswich the initiative to try to hit back. 

Ipswich were lucky, but having said that we did not do a good enough job of closing the game out. Mostly due to the subs we made, partially because of a refusal to take the ball to the corners and run the clock down as well as the other dark arts associated with running the clock down.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Unbelievably so. Played like he was the only fix on the park. How's about a pass??

To be fair to him, by then he was literally our only pacy outlet in the last 15 or so minutes after Enzo subbed off KDH and Daka, whilst deploying Fatawu as all auxillary RB for most of the game. 

Was fuming.. poor reffing for the pen and the red.. coupled with some poor subs and bad game management throwing 2 points away.

Then I listen to how calm Enzo is about it and suddenly I agree. It happens, but for us it don't happen that much does it. On the face of it, decent point away at Ipswich, another game ticked off.. only beneficiaries from the game was Southampton

Hopefully we'll beat Cardiff and Huddersfield and then we're back on it. Can see Leeds dropping points at the hawthorns but Southampton and Ipswich will beat Plymouth n qpr Friday. Keep the gap to 3rd in place.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

I've found that you're often guilty of not appreciating nuance when reading and presenting statistics in your posts.

Most of those Ipswich shots were pops from outside the box. 

We could have played better of course, but a lot of our chances didn't result in shots because of poor decisions, and our early lead gives Ipswich the initiative to try to hit back. 

Ipswich were lucky, but having said that we did not do a good enough job of closing the game out. Mostly due to the subs we made, partially because of a refusal to take the ball to the corners and run the clock down as well as the other dark arts associated with running the clock down.

Yea when I saw they'd had 18/19 shots.. i thought have they fk.  But like you state.. lots of blocked shots from 25 yards 

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Don’t compare winning the premier to this crock of s***lol shouldn't even be in this division, should be very clear we’re much better than the rest, this game was way to even for my liking considering the gap in quality

I haven’t.

And we are currently very much better than the rest looking at the table. Because to improve from where we are is go beyond all time performance records form. Which is what we are achieving. 

I compared the game in the context of the season. 2nd in the table needed good amounts of luck to get a goal. They celebrate it like they’ve won something whilst we just keep rolling. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

they were the better side and came up from league 1. of course they are going to rim them

Better in what sense? - that they conceded an early goal and spent 70 minutes huffing and puffing and coming nowhere near an equaliser?