Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I haven’t.

And we are currently very much better than the rest looking at the table. Because to improve from where we are is go beyond all time performance records form. Which is what we are achieving. 

I compared the game in the context of the season. 2nd in the table needed good amounts of luck to get a goal. They celebrate it like they’ve won something whilst we just keep rolling. 

Watching that game I didn’t see much in it, if a premier league side came here you’d be able to see the difference and that’s the standard I expect. 

8 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Apologies. Sorry, lost my head. I agree with you, we should have killed the game. But it's hard to do that when they can take out your players through on goal.

Ha ha, no problem. I share your frustration at the result which in the greater scheme of things is a good one, just annoying we conceded so late.

I feel bad for Cannon, bit parts but today I think his energy as a sub instead of Nacho would have given us that much needed energy.

I get we rest JJ from too many games but if the bloke travels, does all the warm ups which is strenuous enough he must be able to do 20 mins from the bench. Coady isnt quite there for me and I would have had a reshuffle and got JJ on the pitch for Coady. Ndidi and KDH for Casedi and Akgun was weird. I would have preferred more solidity in midfield like Hamza.

Either way, Maresca has been great and his team selections and subs on the whole have been decent, just look at the league table.

Disappointed yes, but VAR or a decent ref and we go 2-0 up and cruise home.

• Like 3

It’s a point but a frustrating one.

We should have been clear of them. Poor choices, poor substitutions, just too casual and sloppy, poor ref. 

We are our own worst enemies, it’s Sheffield Wednesday being repeated. I just think we’re going to have accept this is the way it’s going to be and we’re not going to change. 

35 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

We’ve been outshot 19-5, xG of 1.05-0.28,.

See this is very misleading and the problem with cumulative xG totals. That averages out to 0.06 xG/Shot for them and us, same overall quality of chance created. They created more chances because they were chasing the game for 70 minutes but they didn't create better chances

• Like 3

Normally the pessimist but genuinely they tried to break us for 30 mins while we filed our nails…. If it were a boxing match it would have been non scoring shots! Unlucky double deflection that cost  us away from home! 

It was like when the mid table fodder has their 15 min spell against Man City and they get lucky… but no time for city to respond! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Watching that game I didn’t see much in it, if a premier league side came here you’d be able to see the difference and that’s the standard I expect. 

Watched a different game to me. We are in every sense leagues above them. 

We were leggy and sloppy second half admittedly but in every aspect we were better. The were able to equalise only courtesy of a horrendous penalty decision and an absolute fluke. 

That's Hull, Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Sheff weds who've managed to take points offa us, all thanks to - in the proper sense of the word - extraordinary goals. Even Leeds' had an element of luck

We played away from home against the team second in the league. We can’t expect to steam roller every team. Whilst we have players with sublime individual skill, other teams know how to make it difficult for us. Losing  would have been unfair but a draw is acceptable.

On to the next one!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Watched a different game to me. We are in every sense leagues above them. 

We were leggy and sloppy second half admittedly but in every aspect we were better. The were able to equalise only courtesy of a horrendous penalty decision and an absolute fluke. 

That's Hull, Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Sheff weds who've managed to take points offa us, all thanks to - in the proper sense of the word - extraordinary goals. Even Leeds' had an element of luck

Watched Ipswich attack us for 30 mins while it not even sure what we were doing… looked like we were just standing around waiting for the ref to blow his whistle, felt like we weren’t even in a game, god knows what they were doing. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Thankfully 2 more games and then We're back to having a week break between them.

Championship is an absolutely grueling league

Yeah, Millwall in the FA Cup gives us a chance to rotate as well.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

We played away from home against the team second in the league. We can’t expect to steam roller every team. Whilst we have players with sublime individual skill, other teams know how to make it difficult for us. Losing  would have been unfair but a draw is acceptable.

On to the next one!

Leeds put 8 past them? They may be 2nd but from what I saw today and my above point they’re not a team we should be ‘competitive with’. We’re / we should be much better than them imo. We finished 5th/5th/8th in the premier league in 3 of the last 4 seasons and have won the FA Cup, these are the expectations and that game was well short of those.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

7 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

I feel bad for Cannon, bit parts but today I think his energy as a sub instead of Nacho would have given us that much needed energy.

I get we rest JJ from too many games but if the bloke travels, does all the warm ups which is strenuous enough he must be able to do 20 mins from the bench. Coady isnt quite there for me and I would have had a reshuffle and got JJ on the pitch for Coady. Ndidi and KDH for Casedi and Akgun was weird. I would have preferred more solidity in midfield like Hamza.

Either way, Maresca has been great and his team selections and subs on the whole have been decent, just look at the league table.

Disappointed yes, but VAR or a decent ref and we go 2-0 up and cruise home.

I agree on the subs in Central midfield

Wouldn't have taken them both off, and if I did I'd have had hamza on for one of them

Not sold on the Coady bashing today though. Pre game I was worried.. I know he looked shaky, but he didn't actually do ought wrong. Positionally excellent, won challenges and didn't give the ball away so he did his job 

I do however think his inclusion does have an affect on some of the other defenders but he needs game time 

• Like 1

Enzo should learn from this, clear mistake to bring both Casadei and Iheanacho on. Should have brought Cannon on who relentlessly presses the opposition and still gives you the threat in behind and he should have brought Hamza on for Ndidi to keep the high energy in midfield. 

A point isn’t bad by any means but considering what it could have been it leaves falling asleep on a slightly bitter note. 

• Like 2

I thought Fatawu was our best player tonght, He contributed so much defensively that goes unnoticed. Woe's was also excellent apart from selling himself on the 90 minutes mark.

The Goal was superb from Mav but then he faded from the game.

Ither than to rest him for the next game I can't see why Daka was taken off. Wilf obviously for the yellow card. Kelechi offered nothing when he came on and looked disinterested.

Casadei had his best game when he came on and is poddibly starting to show the promise Enzo is placing in him. He was excellent tonight.

Overall we didn't do enough and they deserved something from the game. So 1-1 is not too bad and we move on to friday.

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Watched Ipswich attack us for 30 mins while it not even sure what we were doing… looked like we were just standing around waiting for the ref to blow his whistle, felt like we weren’t even in a game, god knows what they were doing. 

Been a long day on supermarket lager?? 

• Haha 1