Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Same. Wasnt keen pre match but thought he was pretty decent and played some clever angled balls into midfield. 

Glad I'm not on my own. Last ditch defending wise faes and vesty were better.. but vesty along with mads continually gave the ball away.  Coady was reasonably solid.

I just worry his inclusion makes loses the cohesion in defence which forces some of the hospital balls from the others maybe? But individually he didn't put a foot wrong for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure how he's taken this so lightly. But sensible not to rant 

What would be the point of ranting? Enzo is mature enough not to blame a bad refereeing decision. There’s a lot more in his control which we could’ve done differently tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

They ain't the second best team in the league. They are currently in second but they haven't anything more to them than a Hull, Watford or West Brom

Except they are sitting 2nd..after 23 games that makes them 2nd best team,spin it how you like..

• Like 4

Overall I’m a bit frustrated as I thought we looked really good at times in the first half against a decent side away. Second half we didn’t seem to consolidate this and I thought a draw was just about a fair result. I’m not too worried though as I think we didn’t lose ground to anyone but Southampton and put more distance between ourselves and Leeds which id have taken beforehand. I think we will learn a bit from that performance too. 

11 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Leeds put 8 past them? They may be 2nd but from what I saw today and my above point they’re not a team we should be ‘competitive with’. We’re / we should be much better than them imo. We finished 5th/5th/8th in the premier league in 3 of the last 4 seasons and have won the FA Cup, these are the expectations and that game was well short of those.

Unfortunately it’s attitudes like this that bring negativity to the club that is unwarranted. By this logic we should be steam rollering past everyone beneath them in the league.  We’ve had some great results But that’s not how football works. Also,  We’ve lost some quality players since those prem finishes as well as an aging Vardy now. 1-1  is an acceptable result away to the second placed team..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

Back 3 weren't really the problem tonight but in the last half I did notice Vestergaard getting dragged into midfield by Chaplin and they were able to play around him a couple of times. Needed someone in front of him. Winks and Ricardo were almost playing the same right hand side position at times. 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Except they are sitting 2nd..after 23 games that makes them 2nd best team,spin it how you like..

Have to agree.. Leeds were the best team we've face on the day.. but however many times they keep saying they're the best team in the league, they're the fourth best.. the league doesn't lie and Ipswich are second.

They have the best home form too. 

For me the wheels are far from falling off, just a few mistakes today with subs and reffing messed us about, alongside a failure to see it out. 

It's only the 5th time we've failed to win all season so it's not like we do it continuously.. although we do run it close a lot 🤣

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

They ain't the second best team in the league. They are currently in second but they haven't anything more to them than a Hull, Watford or West Brom

I can only assume you haven’t watched many of their games. They have absolutely played teams off the park.

• Like 1

Would have taken a point before the game, think a point was just about a fair result. This will be a good point come the end of the season.

If we get the penalty, or their player gets his well deserved second yellow, then I think it's a completely different game.

We were hopeless after the subs, lost control of the game. Iheanacho is pointless, I want him gone. If we win the next two games we'll be laughing.

Still think we need another 8 in January.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
31 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I've found that you're often guilty of not appreciating nuance when reading and presenting statistics in your posts.

Most of those Ipswich shots were pops from outside the box. 

We could have played better of course, but a lot of our chances didn't result in shots because of poor decisions, and our early lead gives Ipswich the initiative to try to hit back. 

Ipswich were lucky, but having said that we did not do a good enough job of closing the game out. Mostly due to the subs we made, partially because of a refusal to take the ball to the corners and run the clock down as well as the other dark arts associated with running the clock down.

That’d be fair enough but you’ve latched onto one thing rather than the collection which was the point. Again add that they’ve had more touches in our box and after minute 25 have had double the touches in our box. Now fine, game state dictates some of that.

This also seems a common thing on this forum and in Enzo’s head, to ignore the chances the opposition had. Can’t say we had poorly executed moments and then ignore Ipswich when Burns has played a poor ball across the box when he should do better to set up a good chance, Broadhead taking a poor touch and the slipping over, Chaplin I think it was making a mess of trying to capitalise on a Mads error or even the ball that Faes defended really well first half. 

Sure we defended well mostly (as you should expect with the quality in that defence at this level) but so did Hull when they beat us and yet the common consensus was they were lucky then and we were unfortunate because we had loads of pot shots and chalked up a higher xG from it.

And a complete lack of a mention that they lost their striker earlier and he was replaced by a player who has scored 23 in 159 mostly in League 1.

So for anyone to say they got lucky is just daft for me, which was the thrust of the point. I’m not exactly sat here saying they were brilliant but they certainly didn’t get lucky and I thought our performance was poor on the whole.

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

On another note, I thought Ipswich were superb.  

I don’t think they were. They were decent but it took a double deflection in injury time for them to equalise. 
Can’t remember them creating a lot. 
Once again we invited pressure on ourselves especially second half. 
Had we got the penalty and sending off that was deserved it would of been a comfortable win. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HarryDee8 said:

We should have rested more players in the Rotherham game and had them fresher for this game. The midfielders looked shattered in the end

Agree that Winks, Wilf and KDH all need a rest. But playing Casadei is absolute suicide. He's a disaster. Not all his fault but every time he comes on, we instantaneously get worse. 

Where tf is Praet again? Fckn always AWOL. 

We need to try and limp by v Cardiff with Hamza, Praet (assuming he's not sulking) and Ricky in midfield (forcing a rethink for the right back / midfield role...maybe Doyle can do that from LB?) 

Basically anything but Casadei and Yunus

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would have taken a point before the game, think a point was just about a fair result. This will be a good point come the end of the season.

If we get the penalty, or their player gets his well deserved second yellow, then I think it's a completely different game.

We were hopeless after the subs, lost control of the game. Iheanacho is pointless, I want him gone. If we win the next two games we'll be laughing.

Still think we need another 8 in January.

Literally exactly what I thought.. just put I'm the January transfers page we need another 8, after wilf and kdh the options aren't good enough.. have cover everywhere else.. and Iheanacho needs to leave, he just seems to have the wrong attitude on the pitch now