Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

58 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I think taking Ndidi off was when we started losing control of the midfield.

Taking Daka and then KDH off, then just completely handed them control.

We lost all the bite and energy that those 3 bring.

How Hamza wasn't on the pitch for the last 10 minutes is another mystery.

If he had been, then I'm convinced that their player doesn't get that shot away for their goal.

Enzo got it wrong tonight.

Afcon is also becoming a real concern for me in January without Ndidi, Daka and Fatawu, and I hope we are going to address that at the beginning of the transfer window, and not just try to muddle through with the likes of Casadei, Akgun and Cannon.

Nacho can stay out there though for all I care.

His attitude this season has wreaked of someone that doesn't want to be here, and thinks he is playing below a standard he should be playing at, and can't be arsed to make the effort!

The funny thing is, I've been saying that this is Nacho's level for years!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adam said:

Decent point but those subs were terrible and slightly worrying.

Taking the midfield off and replacing them with a load of light weights was very odd. We got completely battered in that last 20 minutes.  I'm no fan of hamza but that game needed someone like that. Not Younis.

We needed to pack our midfield and yes Hamza was an obvious choice. Why we didn't just do in the last 15 minutes what teams have done to us is beyond me.

Just sit deep put up a brick wall and see the game out. There were holes for Ipswich to exploit all over the place.

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Those comments are fair it's some of the other.....

It was a tired performance in my view

"Tired performance"!

City dominated the first half and into the second half. Casadei, Akgün and Iheanacho weren't responsible for the turnaround in the game. They demonstrated why the squad needs strengthening - because they weren't capable of replicating the performance of the players they replaced.

This isn't about winning the Championship, it's about avoiding a struggle in the Prem next season.

Casadei and Akgün have time to get up to speed. They'd better use it wisely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gerblod said:

"Tired performance"!

City dominated the first half and into the second half. Casadei, Akgün and Iheanacho weren't responsible for the turnaround in the game. They demonstrated why the squad needs strengthening - because they weren't capable of replicating the performance of the players they replaced.

This isn't about winning the Championship, it's about avoiding a struggle in the Prem next season.

Casadei and Akgün have time to get up to speed. They'd better use it wisely.

Neither of Casadei and Akgun will be here next season? 

There’s no point worrying about next season now….. there’s two transfer windows in between, and the summer transfer window is likely to be carnage. This squad will be largely overhauled in the summer there’s no way Enzo won’t want that to happen. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Those comments are fair it's some of the other.....

It was a tired performance in my view.

A point away at your nearest rival is never a bad result.

I actually thought both sides showed just how good their physical shape is.

Constant pressing and good concentration levels for 90 minutes.

Yes, we lost momentum with the subs, but overall it felt like a good battle between the two strongest sides.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

I'd much rather have the odd 'dodgy' decision (which go both ways over the course of a season) than have VAR suck the passion out of watching a game.

I disagree, I actually miss VAR. I’d rather the right decision be found than see what we saw yesterday….. that penalty miss was frankly ridiculous…..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don’t think any of Yunus, Iheanacho or Casadei played badly, but accumulatively we were weakened by all three subs. 

We are playing four games in ten days though. If KDH, Daka or Ndidi pull their hamstring we’d be slagging Enzo for not resting them well enough.

Absolute stonewall pen for me, but overall Ipswich deserved a point. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, we lost two points last night down to no VAR. But I'll take it. The thing is absolutely appalling. 

Got to say I’d agree. And it’s nice to be on a high horse feeling hard done by 🤣

Let’s be honest, footie fans love that!

16 minutes ago, shen said:

I actually thought both sides showed just how good their physical shape is.

Constant pressing and good concentration levels for 90 minutes.

Yes, we lost momentum with the subs, but overall it felt like a good battle between the two strongest sides.

Two things that irk me. 1, that was a pen. 2, Harness deserved a second yellow. But these things happen. 26 days and we’ll get another stab at them.

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t think any of Yunus, Iheanacho or Casadei played badly, but accumulatively we were weakened by all three subs. 

We are playing four games in ten days though. If KDH, Daka or Ndidi pull their hamstring we’d be slagging Enzo for not resting them well enough.

Did you see Iheanacho???

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t think it’s as cut and dry that, for about 40 minutes we found space all over the pitch, but only once punished them for it. the second half was a bit pathetic, we clearly sat on the one goal hoping it would be enough and it wasn’t. 

I wasn’t the slightest bit impressed with Ipswich at all, I thought they were scrappy, got more decisions their way, should have definitely been down to ten men. We threw away three points rather than Ipswich earning it. They won’t be in the top two come the end of the season I don’t think. 

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I disagree, I actually miss VAR. I’d rather the right decision be found than see what we saw yesterday….. that penalty miss was frankly ridiculous…..

Really?? You miss the whole 'was it a goal or not' VAR waiting after every goal? Also with VAR, you still have mind boggling decisions not going your way. The joy of celebrating the goals knowing they stand immediately is such a delight, especially with the season we are having. 

We got lucky the other day with Fatawu not being sent off and this was the first time a decison really cost us points, and it only cost us points because of the luckiest goal you will see all season.

• Like 2

We have them again at the end of Jan, will be missing Daka, Ndidi and Fatawa not bothered about Nacho didn't even look interested.  Lost the fight as soon as KDH and Daka went off. Need some backbone in the middle of the field when we are defending a narrow lead learned the hard way last year which resulted in us being relegated. 

I think thats the first time this season a team has pressed us so hard into the final minutes of a game. Its our weakness because of the tenancy to overplay, so many times in that second half we were caught on the press after overplaying and in the end we ended up being punished.

Its going to be a long old season back in the Premier League if this isn’t sorted out as its the same old issue. 

Other than that its been a pretty good season so far and a point against nearest rivals away from home on boxing day isnt so bad.

Read the first 3 pages I’m guessing it’s another 18 of the same … we were in control until he took Ndidi off … slowly got worse with each sub … the non penalty was a honking decision… guy with the silly haircut gets booked then commits a worse foul and doesn’t get booked … ref bad maresca bad Casadei a waste of space iheanacho as I’ve been saying for years is useless (apart from 1 good game in every 15) .. still a point is a point 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

I'd much rather have the odd 'dodgy' decision (which go both ways over the course of a season) than have VAR suck the passion out of watching a game.

I agree but now think about this

This is the last game of the season and we need the win for promotion, anything less would see us miss out, I doubt so many would be as understanding. 

It's only because the result last night doesn't mean as much that we're being as forgiving as we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I agree but now think about this

This is the last game of the season and we need the win for promotion, anything less would see us miss out, I doubt so many would be as understanding. 

It's only because the result last night doesn't mean as much that we're being as forgiving as we are. 

Nope … I would still prefer no var … it’s joyless 

• Like 1