Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

No complaints at all. We dominated the first 45 but after the break even before the subs we had started to play overly defensively and they played very well to be honest. Very fortunate goal but only ourselves to blame.

Faes was excellent, Coady was good second half and Mavididi was a threat with a great goal. 

Still well clear but need to learn a lot still on and off the pitch. Hopefully Enzo will heed the lessons. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Fair result on whole but feckin hell Ipswich had some rub of luck there. Harness should have been off, a blatant penalty and a goal with incredible stake of luck 

Pretty much been how they have been doing things for a few games 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

They deserved the equaliser but we were pissing about in stoppage time in our own half and gave them a chance to knick the ball. Time and a place for it. 

Overall, a point when we could've easily lost is not a bad result. Amazing given the results we've had but could be evern better without 4 last minute points dropped. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You can get away with all those subs when you’re cruising 3-0 up against Rotherham at home but not 1-0 up away at Ipswich 

..and there was no need to sub anyone really. KDH subbed...why????  What benefit??? Daka subbed..( at 60mins!!!! ).why, what benefit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Denied a clear penalty, but I still prefer a non VAR game. Ipswich celebrating and we look shattered, which tells you everything about expectations 

2 penalties really, clear push on kdh in the first half.

Either way, rather incompetence than corruption. Rather watch today than watch a match with VAR.

• Sad 1

If someone would have offered a point away at Ipswich, most would probably have taken it.

I don't think it's the result that's frustrating, it's more so the way it's come about.

The poor subs by Enzo, the stone wall penalty & us playing poor the whole second half.

I've seen much more disappointing results this season than this one. Onwards & upwards.

• Like 4

Ref should have 2nd yellowed their lad and given us a penalty.

He also whistled massively in Ipswich's favour the rest of the game.

But bringing on those subs at that stage was a gamble.  A gamble Enzo lost.

• Like 1

Massive Enzo fan however that results on him. No midfield when KDH and Ndidi went off. No threat in behind when Kel came on. 

The only question I have with Enzo is his willingness to go to the counter attack/longer balls when leading. This play out from the back at all costs is just costing us as we loose the ball way to deeply.

Ah well - still top but this feels like a real missed opportunity.

• Like 3

Just now, DennisNedry said:

Good result and a fair one on balance.

Our subs really weakened us, I'd be happy to never see Kelechi in a Leicester shirt ever again.

Thought he was going to destroy this league, right now he’s destroying my love for him, he has looked so lazy this season, I really like the guy but he just isn’t offering anything. 

Hopefully he gets a move in Jan.