Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Draw isn’t a bad result but should have had a pen and they could have been down to ten men as their player committed 3 fouls after getting booked and then was able to be subbed off . Thought fatawu defended well.

we need to kill the game off earlier but they are second for a reason so was never going to be easy. Just silly messing around at the back which could have been prevented made the goal 

Shite game but one I thought we were in control of. Harness should have been sent off. Definitely a penalty on KDH second half. One hell of a flukey goal at the end. Have seen Ipswich twice in the last 4 days and they are not a promotion team imo. They will get swallowed by Southampton and Leeds by the end of Feb.

All in all 6 points clear of second and 11 of third is still unbelievably great.

Guest ChrisWalken456

Urgh. Not the worst result but the manner in which we dice with death is annoying. Can't we just try and get a second goal instead of fannying around with the ball in crazy areas?

4 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Casadei is dogshit. Let his man go past so easily for the goal.

Saw it coming a mile off after the penalty not given.

Yeah - let's blame casadei for a goal from a shot going nowhere that took two deflections :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Not sure I buy into this Ipswich love in.

We put the brakes on and took our players off. They've scored with their only shot on target maybe? Maybe two or three? With two deflections on the way.

We were poor in the second half but for me it was completely our own doing.

Faes absolutely robbed of MOTM by the way.

• Like 2

There was a question here a while ago about if the 14/15 side would beat this 22/23 side. They’d beat them because the steel required in the absolute key moments is quite there with this team. We will have enough this season but fully expect us to shit the bed v Coventry and Leeds 

Edited by CosbehFox

and people questioned when I said Ipswich had some luck, 

Harness should have been sent off

stonewall pen not given

double deflection for the goal

dont get me wrong, i think a draw is a fair result, but like every game we've not won this season, we could have is the "luck" etc went our way

• Like 1

Annoying with the luckiest goal they’ll score all season, although it’s a fair result. Not impressed with them one bit. Our reluctance to stamp our authority on the game and try and see it out after dominating the first half the way we did is disappointing. Of course we should have had a penalty which completely takes the game away from them. But that cannot be any excuse. 

Didn’t think even though they had the better of the 2nd half they put us under pressure, mainly trying to capitalise on our mistakes. 

• Like 3

It's a winning draw. Still six clear of them, 11 clear of Southampton and 14 Clear of Leeds.

Not a good selection of subs and some poor decision making. BUT Hardest fixture of the season done, taken a point, only a double deflection and the denial of a stonewall penalty has stopped  us getting all three. 

Back to Business as usual on Friday.

• Thanks 1