Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

Granted the game should have been put to bed with a stone wall penalty at 1-0, but the substitutions made us so much weaker just as they were taking the initiative which cost us the game.

Gutted as I was sure our class would show today. These (Ipswich) aren't a Premier League quality team.

Edited by BigGibbo
Clarification

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Will we ever learn to manage a game and kill it off?

Points dropped tonight and against Sheffield Wednesday. 

Needless nervous finishes against Burmingham and Millwall.

Subs were horrendous. Casadei must have a clause in his contract saying he needs at least 20 minutes. Bin him off.

Same old problem, Enzo.

The beautiful football for half an hour/an hour a game means fvck all if we fold like a pack of cards at the end.

Only the second time this season we haven't converted a lead into 3 points to be fair.

Robbed of a stonewall penalty. Casadei is an anti footballer, no idea of position and game flow - just appalling. We lost control of the game because our midfield disappeared. Nacho was just Nacho - not worth his place on the pitch. Still, no real damage done. We move on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

decent in spells, but 1-1 is a fair result, looked poor in the second half, 

questionable being Kel on, no disrespect to him but he doesnt press or put himself about like Daka

I can’t get my head around the lack of penalty for me.

2-0 up and the games put to bed….possibly the most obvious penalty all weekend.

Just now, southfox66 said:

Terrible result Ipswich are nothing special, is no way we should lost that game, it was down to us making terrible decisions, not them been good.

We were architects of our down fall today.

It’s not though is it.

We’ve played two games in 3 days and we’re away to the team 2nd in the league. A 1-1 draw and we’re still 11 points ahead of 3rd 

• Like 2

Just now, Basildon Fox said:

Shite game but one I thought we were in control of. Harness should have been sent off. Definitely a penalty on KDH second half. One hell of a flukey goal at the end. Have seen Ipswich twice in the last 4 days and they are not a promotion team imo. They will get swallowed by Southampton and Leeds by the end of Feb.

All in all 6 points clear of second and 11 of third is still unbelievably great.

They had 16 shots!!... that's not being in control .  Taking both Wilf and KDH off cost us the win.  Rodgers would have been proud of those decisions!

• Like 1

Lost the impetus for most of the second half in stark contrast to the most aggressive start I've seen us make this season.

Ipswich earned the point regardless of the fortunate deflection, they were going to score sooner or later.

Individually, Fatawu was quiet and it's hard to see what Iheanacho brought. Strange to take both KDH and Wilf off. 

The way things looked second half maybe Hamza for one of them could have been a better shout.

The penalty would have put it to bed . After the subs we didn't look like scoring.

Edited by Bourbon Fox