Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

We can be fantastic at times and just gift the opposition chances at others. Wasn’t too unlike the Brun game.

A pen not given, Hansen probably should have been booked a second time and could say we were hard done by.

I think there will be some angry posts tonight just because it feels more like we gave it to them than them earning it. And I don’t agree they played that well, they hardly threatened all game. But that could be my blue, no, tonight I mean yellow tinted specs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueharmie said:

I'll take the point. Should and was a draw.

Shite ref was a penalty on kdh.

Ipswich are not very good.

Just going down my road letting down all the tires on the tractors.

Its painful because we conceede in the last minute. Nacho takes one down on his chest and plays KDH in I think, Daka wouldn't of done that. Overall not enough done to go after the 2nd goal and secure the win, lack composure in key counter attacking moments, makes Winks knjury time winner at WBA look all the more remarkable.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Going into the second half genuinely thought we would blow them away, Ipswich defence was quite sloppy and we were turning the screw, 2nd half was sloppy all over and Ipswich were the better team. 

We were absolutely robbed of a penalty, but irregardless of that football is a game of fine margins and we didn’t deserve to win the 2nd half, we should have been a couple of goals up and the penalty claim and deflected goal wouldn’t matter, the subs were woeful, no idea what Enzo was thinking there bringing Iheanacho on, cannon must be livid.
Only have ourselves to blame. 

Full credit to Ipswich and McKenna, showing he’s a cracking manager and has build a very good unit, hope they go up with us.

I think we would have blown them away if we had a week to recover. 

It's all good. As annoying as that was to concede so late it doesn't matter if we win the next one. With our squad we should be able to make changes and be ok. Not many have that luxury. 

• Like 1

A massive slice of bad luck but the goal was Casaidei’s fault and he knows it. Some others have said were the subs pre-arranged and maybe it’s the case to give him minutes for when N’Didi’s gone. It opened up a gap that wasn’t there too and he knows he switched for half a second.

I don’t overly understood why Mavididi and Fatawu weren’t subbed. They looked knackered in that second half. Amazing how more impotent we look without Daka too.

Obviously should have been pen plus Harness should have seen a second yellow.

It’s still a decent point though and will probably look even better come the end of the season. 

100% a penalty but a win for us for would have been harsh in Ipswich. Just wish the equaliser wasn't scored in that manner at that time of the match, it's the sort of goal that really knocks the stuffing out of you. 

Can't complain too much, a couple of weeks ago and Ipswich could have gone above us with a win still 6 points clear of 2nd and 11 clear of 3rd. Going all the way back to watching the players wave at almost empty stadium and a spattering of spurs fans in the rain over in the far east, if you'd have offered me where we are now I'd have laughed in your face 😂 

But I do know one thing, I've read a lot of Ipswich fans moaning at refereeing decisions go against them all season, if they complain at anything tonight I'll go right off them, could have easily been down to 10 (admittedly harshly) as well as the penalty decision not given.

Shows how important Wilf is that we lost control on the transition from when he was subbed - we need a solution for AFCON.

I'm not particularly having this "Ipswich deserved a point" perspective, they got an incredibly jammy equaliser in stoppage time, and we should've had a penalty in the second half. Fantastic performance from Faes, thought he'd be done for pace out wide but battled all night. Nacho absolutely not good enough, want him to do well so badly but so sloppy on and off the ball. Decent point, should've been 3.

• Like 2

I''ll take the draw. Unfortunately these reminders of last season keep showing up from time to time. Had a feeling it was a matter of when, not if we'd concede. Fair play to Ipswich Town. One of the few clubs that attempted to go right at us, consequences of pressing be damned. Iheanacho was poor. More was needed in counter attacking when opportunities arose.  Cassadei didn't add much. Yunus had a timely giveway that nearly resulted in a goal. Need more from the reserves in a match like that. We also may need an upgrade.

I did think that should have been a penalty when KDH got tackled. That gets called it's likely a win. Still a draw there isn't bad especially given the current table.

Really impressed with Ipswich Town only a season removed from League 1.

Not sure what is more frustrating, the nature and timing of their goal, or that we didn't have them buried by half time.  

They really are a limited side, and hopeless at defending, the amount of times we caught them in possession was ridiculous, unfortunately the old 'shit in the final third' issue rose it's ugly head again.

I disagree about casadei i thought he worked really hard and linked up play nicely going forward, certainly more useful than nacho and yunus (did he touch the ball?)

Definitely two points dropped, but if that was the 'hardest' game we'll play all season, then i can't see us dropping many points.

• Like 1

Dropped points on Enzo today. Putting Akgun and Casadei on as our central midfield pair is asking for trouble - they might as well not be there.

Flukey goal for them and overall I didn’t think they were great, but they were at home and play with belief and persistence. We didn’t do enough to score a second and so were always vulnerable.

Missed opportunity, but overall don’t feel too disappointed given our standing.

On to the next one.

Our disappointments are always less disappointing than our competitors. Leeds win and then lose. Saints win and then draw 2. 

We have Cardiff, Huddersfield, Millwall, Coventry in the next 4. We will be on 69 points by the time we play Ipswich at our place and have 1 foot in auto promotion places with 16 games left to go.