Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Ipswich (A) 1 - 1 - Boxing Day - Post-Match Thread

The game should have been over in the first half.

I think it was a penalty in the first half. Definitely a penalty in the second half.

They should be a man down.

We lost control with some terrible substitutions. I can’t see us taking Casadei or Agnus next season. Iheanacho offered nothing when he replaced Daka. I half hope we sell him this month and put a cap on his Leicester career. The fact he’s not universally loved totally comes from the fact he’s so hit and miss. 

They pressed us from the off but the defence looked comfortable. It’s not like they created loads and loads of chances, causing Mads to make save after save. 

Out crappy Boxing Day results continue. 

Anyone got any xG numbers? 

• Like 1

I can’t criticise anything from the players that I’ve seen this December/Christmas run. The current 2nd best team in the league, away from home and I wasn’t overly worried at any time. It took a double deflection to pull us back. 

It’s a horrendous period for the side with the amount of games and the expectancy. They’ve lived up to it. 

The reaction to conceding that goal by so many of them was so positive - genuinely pissed off. Use that to run another 6/7 run of wins. 

We were the better side today for most and by some distance. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

Two points chucked away, but you could see it coming.

Shocking subs didnt help, we`ve not seen much of Cannon, but at least we`ve seen him try and press, something Nacho has never been arsed to do.

Casadei for Ndidi, was when we lost control of the game, and Akgun for KDH, was just bizarre!.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pita said:

Lack of shots on or off the target. Just don’t have the killer instinct. Premiership teams will rub there hands in glee. 

Lack of shots yet we've scored the most goals in the league and have a record amount of points for this league at this stage. Let's think about the orem if and when we get there shall we? Some people just love a moan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

Our disappointments are always less disappointing than our competitors. Leeds win and then lose. Saints win and then draw 2. 

We have Cardiff, Huddersfield, Millwall, Coventry in the next 4. We will be on 69 points by the time we play Ipswich at our place and have 1 foot in auto promotion places with 16 games left to go.

Millwall is a cup game 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

So just 4 games from 24 this season where we have had a possible problem seeing it out?

Only 2 games where we have dropped points from winning positions

Lets not act like this has been a problem going on all season

Agree with both of your points really, I did a post a few weeks back where I pointed out every game this season where we have been only 1 goal up with 15 mins to play and to be honest it’s a shocking statistic, we really should be finishing games off earlier so nullify any late goals. 

way too many times this season we finish a game off in the last 15 minutes when we should be 2-3 goals up, just needlessly adding risk. 

10 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Next time people talk about how much they love not having VAR, remember this game. 

Still glad we haven't got it.

But every time we concede now it takes me a split second to remember it's not going to be overturned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Criggers said:

We can be fantastic at times and just gift the opposition chances at others. Wasn’t too unlike the Brun game.

A pen not given, Hansen probably should have been booked a second time and could say we were hard done by.

I think there will be some angry posts tonight just because it feels more like we gave it to them than them earning it. And I don’t agree they played that well, they hardly threatened all game. But that could be my blue, no, tonight I mean yellow tinted specs.

They didn't really threaten as we defended well, but a 1 goal lead is always dangerous and its frustrating that we were not more positive to get the 2nd goal. This team doesn’t look like it has a clean sheet in it when put under 45 minutes of sustained pressure.

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Will we ever learn to manage a game and kill it off?

Points dropped tonight and against Sheffield Wednesday. 

Needless nervous finishes against Burmingham and Millwall.

Subs were horrendous. Casadei must have a clause in his contract saying he needs at least 20 minutes. Bin him off.

Same old problem, Enzo.

The beautiful football for half an hour/an hour a game means fvck all if we fold like a pack of cards at the end.

We're two deflections away from seeing the game off, they barely had a clear cut chance. For those "points dropped" we just won 6 out of 7 in the league before tonight.

Let's have it right, if the ref does his job we get a pen and 2-0 against a side that should have been down to ten. Wasn't like we surrendered.

• Like 1