Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Cardiff Away

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

Do we have any news of sightings of either Lord Lucan or D Praet?

Dennis is pretty consistent across his tenure with LCFC. Just when you start to think he could possibly be an asset. You realise - oh no he isn't. As he's either crocked or bang average on the park. I will remember him fondly for being pretty insignificant - but consistent with it!!

• Like 1

I guess this is a must win after dropping 2 silly points last night.

Seriously though Players need a rest, Especially KDH who looked knackered last night all game. So I'd like to see Yunus come in for him in the 10 role. Hamza in for Ricardo.

Coady done a lot better last night ans might keep his place giving JJ  a decent rest.

Vesty and Faes look to be enjoying their football and partnership so I doubt there's a need to rest either. Likewsie with the rest of the team who are all performing ok.

Looking forward to it. I just hope the weather is ok.

Daka is physically weak, gets pushed off the ball easily and has a poor first touch. But right now, and I surprise myself saying this, he looks easily our best option up top. We’ve been kicking the forward problem ‘can’ down the road for a long time, now. Daka’s contribution to the goal was good. Whereas Nacho’s entire cameo was absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Dennis is pretty consistent across his tenure with LCFC. Just when you start to think he could possibly be an asset. You realise - oh no he isn't. As he's either crocked or bang average on the park. I will remember him fondly for being pretty insignificant - but consistent with it!!

As a Manager he's the worst type of player to have as you never know what kind of performance you're likely to get.

If he'd just toughen up he could be a real asset. But we've seen enough so better if he goes and we replace him with someone else.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We're 6 points clear of 2nd, having just drawn them away from home, 11 clear of 3rd, and 14 clear of 4th, with a much better GD than all of them. How are people calling this a must win lol

I was being facetious, I guess in our position they're all must wins if we want to stay top though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's one of the hangovers from last season along with Iheanacho, should have been ditched along with Lardi Tielemans and Castagna all 4 lazy and unprofessional and played their part in getting us relegated!

2 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Keep starting Daka, Fatawu and Wilf  they have to leave for AFCON. Give Cannon minutes so he can bed in for Jan/Feb. Rotate elsewhere and play JJ, Souttar and Hamza. 

Soutter will be off to Asia cup with Australia

19 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen 

Choudhury Faes Coady Doyle

Winks

Akgun Ndidi KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

Fatawu, Ricardo, Vest a rest

I'm not sure l agree on your selection my friend.

Coady, looked uncomfortable last night. 

Doyle, not convinced when he played, lacks pace. JJ for me all day

Akgun,  ok possibly but again not really pulled up any trees when played. Especially out wide.

Nacho. Just no, terrible when on the pitch, offers nothing to the team at the moment. Give Canon a go from the start if Daka is rested.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1

A few changes needed for this one, a few looked slightly off the pace when the tempo picked up 2nd half.

Hermansen

Justin Vestegaard Faes Ricardo

Winks

KDH  Casadei

Akgun                                Mavididi

Cannon

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’m worried about this and the Huddersfield game. The lack of rest time between games is going to take its toll and players from the bench clearly aren’t as good as our starters. When we rotated players against Wednesday we put in a poor performance. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if we drop more points. That said I feel the only way to get the best out of players like Yunus, Casadei and Cannon is to give them a run in the team. Daka got given a run and his performances speak for themselves. 

I don't think we'll be any more susceptible to fatigue than cardiff and huddersfield.  If we're resting players then sure as shit those two teams are, and i'd fancy our squad depth over theirs any day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I'm not sure l agree on your selection my friend.

Coady, looked ucomfortable last night. 

Doyle, not convinced when he played, lacks pace. // So do all our CBS..

JJ.      Thank god we have Enzo,

Akgun,  ok possibly but again not really pulled up any trees when played. Especially out wide. Not 6 games under his belt

Nacho. Just no, terrible when on the pitch, offers nothing to the team at the moment.Different time,chance & day.

Give Cannon a go ,yes love to see him start.

Why rest Daka He’s not had 5 games..

Enzo is going to carry on with HIS ideas.

FTers carry on guessing…

Enzo has & is delivering..

FTers empty words,often losing the plot…

Why try bothering to create platform of team/individual player movement,when system is doing its job…Errors/Mistakes part of the sport,we are. Asking less than most and each challenge is faced & progress is being shown to being made. There is another team by the way ,wanting to make our fight more difficult,so far not even their intrusion has prevented us rolling along Embrace & Enjoy..!

Amusing how Ipswich,at home needing to make a dent in the pts difference,having far less clear chances than us,then celebrated with bias Pundits,that they did a job on us..

Poor form,a period of struggling,has not yet come. Leeds,Ipswich,Hull,M’borough,have huffed and puffed,looked busy….but

So far so good for us,even with Enzo recognising each week “room for improvement” 

Hes introduced every single squad player,no real big failures,or dark shadow weaknesses,that have cost us dramatically, has some will have…

Enzo ship still sailing full steam ahead,fuel and wind not yet proven to be a problem,

though question on supplies might throw up the next challenge…That’s up to squad

& Enzo to show their bows are still capable of pushing the awkward of waves…

• Like 3

Point on N’didi.

• He’s played (and started) every game in December so far

• He’s played twice within 4 days (70 & 59 minutes)

• Our next game, another short turnaround, is another reasonably distanced away game with a late kickoff (therefore impacting available recovery time)

• We have another short turnaround game after that - and of course the FA Cup game on the 6th Jan

• Barring injury, N’didi will be in the Nigeria squad and would be expected to play a big part in their squad

• The Afcon games also feature short turnarounds 

I get why fans are wanting him to play the full 90 given his recent form and importance to the team, despite earlier in the season many suggesting he couldn’t play the role we were asking of him!

But as a club we do have to manage his physical workload, it would be silly of us not to.

• Like 1

Need some rotation. Mavididi and Fatawu could probably use a break, but without them both I’m not sure how many chances we’d create. Praet will probably be out with an itchy toe, but if he’s available and actually wants to be here then it’s worth giving him a start as an 8. 

Herm

Faes Souttar Justin

Hamza Winks

Fatawu Praet Ndidi Yunus

Daka

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lots of bad memories of this fixture in the Championship (it was almost 'always' a night game too) but these are different times. I'll say a 1-2 win.

My only trip to Cardiff was our first game after Vichai died. Their fans and stewards were extremely generous in their sympathy and we all had T-shirts in memory of him, I still wear mine occasionally.

We won and when the payers came over at the end we sang long and loud. It was a wonderful, memorable trip. Even Warnock said some nice things.