Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Cardiff Away

14 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Daka isn't as good a player as Iheanacho. I'll keep saying it until people stop thinking two goals against Rotherham somehow makes Daka, Pele. 

He has been called a  'competition winner', and 100s of comments of 'is he even a footballer' and all sorts of other stuff but then he puts two in on the line and a peno v a club thats rock bottom and all of a sudden he's first choice. Meanwhile a guy who's played in the team to get us a record start is dogshit and uninterested......

1 shit game v Cardiff and everyone will say 'let Daka go in the window' i guarantee it. It's mental. Iheanacho won us an FA Cup pretty much, and a charity shield...

Short memories.

Don't you mean you need a long memory to remember when he was any good?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

No game choice on red button?

i dont think so, usually it would say on here Live Football On TV | Football On Television In The UK (live-footballontv.com)

and its not, plus its a friday and its usually only Tuesday and Wednesdays you get red button games for the EFL, so its classed as a weekend fixture

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

Sky will list every game live on their website, and that will include those on the red button. Ordinarily every championship midweek game is usually available to watch, however, it’s a full fixture list tonight, which may suggest why they’re not showing all of them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I going blind or is KDH not in the latest training video?

Looks like Wanya is back training, so @ramadaone must mean Alves and Braybrooke are both still out for ages. Bugger.

I was (for reasons unknown) at the Burton game on Boxing Day, one of their fans claimed Alves is joining them in January on loan. Don’t know is @ramadaone knows anything of this?

24 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Daka isn't as good a player as Iheanacho. I'll keep saying it until people stop thinking two goals against Rotherham somehow makes Daka, Pele. 

He has been called a  'competition winner', and 100s of comments of 'is he even a footballer' and all sorts of other stuff but then he puts two in on the line and a peno v a club thats rock bottom and all of a sudden he's first choice. Meanwhile a guy who's played in the team to get us a record start is dogshit and uninterested......

1 shit game v Cardiff and everyone will say 'let Daka go in the window' i guarantee it. It's mental. Iheanacho won us an FA Cup pretty much, and a charity shield...

Short memories.

on a technical level yeah Kel is a better player, but you can not deny we have looked better upfront with Daka in the team compared to Iheanacho

its a night and day difference, hes been our best striker this season no shadow of a doubt imo

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

on a technical level yeah Kel is a better player, but you can not deny we have looked better upfront with Daka in the team compared to Iheanacho

its a night and day difference, hes been our best striker this season no shadow of a doubt imo

They will try no doubt lol

Personally, I like both players and championed them both in the summer and thought both had the potential to tear this league up and re Daka, was mocked for this view point by some. I also have an ability many don’t have which is not to be pig headed and refuse to admit I was wrong about things.

With these factors in mind, I think it enables me to be quite balanced in my views and Nacho has honestly been a huge disappointment and the side has looked much less functional with him in it. He’s had his moments but his return has been poor.

Daka has come in and improved the overall link up between the front 3 and has a good goal contributions return since being in the side as well as the pressing aspect mentioned. This argument of the goals being too ‘simple’ is laughable! How many of Vardy’s goals in the record run for example, were pens and tap ins? The fact that a good striker has to be in the positions to take the chances seems to be lost on some!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I will set my alarm for 8.30pm when there are a 100 comments on how shit Daka is playing and how he needs hooked for Nacho or Cannon....

Yes yes, we all get it. You don’t like Daka and won’t no matter what. I’m sure you will feel very smug and pleased with yourself if at 8.30 tonight we are losing and Daka hasn’t had a good game :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dont think so, usually it would say on here Live Football On TV | Football On Television In The UK (live-footballontv.com)

and its not, plus its a friday and its usually only Tuesday and Wednesdays you get red button games for the EFL, so its classed as a weekend fixture

Yeah the red button games always show up on the link you posted for  livefootballontv. It's available on foxes hub for a tenner, so might give that a try rather than refreshing a stream every few minutes

3 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Short memories.

Notice you're going off about how Daka is shit, but still haven't responded to this:

On 27/12/2023 at 11:13, The Doctor said:

You're completely wrong. Like yes the goals he's scored have been pretty easy finishes however you've got to be in the position to get them. Take his goal v Plymouth for instance:

that's created by his dropping in deep then spinning and running the length of the pitch. It's a simple finish but none of our other strikers even get that chance because their movement is not as good, Vardy lacks the yard of pace he used to have and Iheanachos work ethic is not there for it.

You mention the penalty but that pass back to create the penalty is caused by the level of press he sets from the front, which Vardy and Nacho have not done as much this year.

Then take Casadeis goal v Rotherham:

This chance only exists because of Dakas front post run, bringing the CBs across and leaving a tap in for Butch. We've seen enough from Iheanacho to know he'd still be on the penalty spot for the cutback. 

His link up play isn't perfect sure, but he's been doing it a lot better than Kelz or Vardy, and his link up play and movement are a big reason why Mavididi has 5 in 5 since he started starting, and why in that time we've scored 14 (2.8 goals per game, vs 34 in 19 or 1.8 goals per game in the previous 19). Currently he's the best option we have up top

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Notice you're going off about how Daka is shit, but still haven't responded to this:

You could do a much longer set of videos for Nacho and for Vardy for the games they've played this season.  

Edited by FosseSpark

Didn’t we buy Daka as a natural successor to Vardy? I know the goals haven’t come thick & fast but his constant work rate and pressing from the front is very Vardy like which we all know is very very effective. Ask any defender that came up against Vardy in his prime and they would tell you how unsettling it was playing against him. They are forced to make mistakes and that sets off a chain reaction our midfielders can than exploit. More goals will come with more game time.