Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

10 Years of Union FS

Hi 

I am wondering what your actual Nos are as there seems to be more than 70 of you on match days.

Over the years I have had heated debates with you over various topics.

I know how  hard you work to do the tifos.

Also the food bank collection.

So good luck for your next 10 years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Motty said:

Hi 

I am wondering what your actual Nos are as there seems to be more than 70 of you on match days.

Over the years I have had heated debates with you over various topics.

I know how  hard you work to do the tifos.

Also the food bank collection.

So good luck for your next 10 years.

It's not easy to put an exact figure on member numbers as we don't really have a formal membership scheme like other Leicester fan groups may have (sign up here, entrance fee etc). I think 70-80 is what the group relies on for day-to-day activities whether that be banner/tifo making, replying to emails, media, meetings with the club or the wide array of other bits that go on in the background. On matchdays or other events that number inflates significantly with friends of the group or those looking to get involved before getting more attached. 

1 minute ago, Jackubu said:

It's not easy to put an exact figure on member numbers as we don't really have a formal membership scheme like other Leicester fan groups may have (sign up here, entrance fee etc). I think 70-80 is what the group relies on for day-to-day activities whether that be banner/tifo making, replying to emails, media, meetings with the club or the wide array of other bits that go on in the background. On matchdays or other events that number inflates significantly with friends of the group or those looking to get involved before getting more attached. 

OK thx for the info.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I consider myself a member of UFS... based on the 2 games i stood near them in 2015 :)

Congrats UFS... you have much to be proud of.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Union FS said:

29th December 2013, The Old Horse pub: 
Ten years on, we're going strong and have now grown to an active base 10 times our original number, determined to make sure Leicester's the place for non-stop support, creative tifos and a revived sense of pride in our club, city and county.

I thought you were going to say "an active base of 10 members"

lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Been some rollercoaster. Never dreamt it'd have this lifespan, or be able to achieve some of the things it has, but it really is hard to think of matchdays without the group there now. Every home game feels like an event - something worth going to. It rarely did for quite a few years before that for me.

I really do wish we had more of an organised fan scene at Leicester (and in England overall) - and I'm talking independent fan clubs (based on locality, pubs, areas of the ground or whatever) as well as groups based on active support like UFS. The sense of camaraderie would be so rewarding for many fans who just attend in ones or twos right now - plus it would greater strengthen our ability to collectively fight for our rights as supporters. We could achieve so much together if we organised better.

What 'rights' are supporters not achieving and need fighting for?

18 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Off the top of my head: Cheaper ticket prices, more convenient kick-off times, better transport to and from games, the campaign for General Sale to be reinstated, better policing/stewarding, the ongoing fight against the Euro Super League, greater representation for fans within the structures of the clubs they support, introduction of standing areas etc.

Never going to affect kick off times,as when u sell ur soul to the devil he calls the tune

5 minutes ago, Motty said:

Never going to affect kick off times,as when u sell ur soul to the devil he calls the tune

Fans managed to get rid of Monday night kick-offs in the Bundesliga. It can be done if the required level of  willpower and organisation is there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Fans managed to get rid of Monday night kick-offs in the Bundesliga. It can be done if the required level of  willpower and organisation is there.

The level of investment in English football vastly outstrips the levels in Europe. As seen by the ridiculous kick off times over the xmas period. It will only get worse as the Internet platforms take over.