Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

10 Years of Union FS

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hate to say it, but pubs in Leicester could learn a lot from Derby in that regard. Loads of boozers, both in the centre and suburbs/villages, run buses to their ground on matchday.

Derby have very good home support numbers wise and this is defo one of the reasons behind it 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm talking about that as a general supporter issue in England, especially when it comes to games being rearranged for TV.

That said, i think Leicester (as a city, not just the club) could definitely do better in terms of public transport initiatives for fans.

I use public transport around Leicester a lot for work and compared with other similar sized cities it is shockingly bad.  Even just focusing on match days we would love to use P&R but the best one for us drops off in the middle of town so is a 30 min walk to the stadium and the last bus out is at 7 so limited chance to grab a pint or something to eat after the match.  Its quicker to join the traffic getting out of Freemans Wharf or grabbing a cheekie Nandos first then driving straight out.

3 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

I use public transport around Leicester a lot for work and compared with other similar sized cities it is shockingly bad.  Even just focusing on match days we would love to use P&R but the best one for us drops off in the middle of town so is a 30 min walk to the stadium and the last bus out is at 7 so limited chance to grab a pint or something to eat after the match.  Its quicker to join the traffic getting out of Freemans Wharf or grabbing a cheekie Nandos first then driving straight out.

Freeman's Common is even worse. 

7 hours ago, MattFox said:

Derby have very good home support numbers wise and this is defo one of the reasons behind it 

Reinforces the point I made in this thread about home games being an event. Keeps people going back in good times and in bad (to paraphrase a song started by UFS). If Leicester area pubs cotton on and can make a scheme like work with the club, then it could do wonders - might even stop the mass 80-90 minute exodus if people know a bus is waiting for them at a set time.

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Reinforces the point I made in this thread about home games being an event. Keeps people going back in good times and in bad (to paraphrase a song started by UFS). If Leicester area pubs cotton on and can make a scheme like work with the club, then it could do wonders - might even stop the mass 80-90 minute exodus if people know a bus is waiting for them at a set time.

Big stumbling block is getting a Leicestershire bus firm to turn a blind eye to booze.

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Big stumbling block is getting a Leicestershire bus firm to turn a blind eye to booze.

Good point. People are drank up and a 5/10 min drive from the ground on the Derby buses, which tend to leave after 2. Bit harder if you're taking it out to the county towns, I guess, but "dry" city and suburb boozers close enough to our ground could still capitalise.

Edited by Voll Blau

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

we don't need stuff like coaches, just a simple relay hopper bus belting into town and back. edgbaston cricket do something similar and works a treat. town has that frog bus going round which no one knows exist so why not do something similar for the football? SAS style, in and out no fuss

• Like 2

You never are going to be liked by everyone. However it is personally quote pleasing to see some posters on here and twitter for example that previously have not liked or not really got it. They though look to have possibly changed their view or thoughts on the group.

Even those that don’t particularly like it I think have some element of respect for it now.