Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Huddersfield Home

47 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It goes without saying, we aren’t winning another FA Cup this year.  We have bigger fish to fry than trying to make the sixth round.

Pissing it or not, the Championship is a tough and demanding league, and our priority has to be conserving the squad to maximize results in it.

For me personally, that trophy (much less with a record points total) would be far more memorable than a Cup run bound to end short of Wembley.

For me it was more about seeing us perform with this system against Prem sides :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

For me it was more about seeing us perform with this system against Prem sides :) 

Fair enough, there's something to be said for that.  But mid-table and better Prem sides would probably rotate quite a few players against us in the Cup.

That said, they may well do the same if and when we do go up!

• Like 1

On 29/12/2023 at 23:10, Simonb said:

Agree with this, although with Wilf going away after this I'd expect Enzo may look to give kdh a rest as he'll be picking up the burden whilst wilfs away

Maybe 

Mads 

Hamza vesty faes riccy

Winks

Ndidi casadei

Fatawu daka mavididi

Although I'd love to see Cannon get a start, it don't make sense to risk an injury in the last game before we lose 2 forwards to the afcon.

Play the u23s in the cup

Prefer to have a bit of a run in the cup to avoid some championship matches being as we'll be without many of our African stars. 

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

It goes without saying, we aren’t winning another FA Cup this year.  We have bigger fish to fry than trying to make the sixth round.

Pissing it or not, the Championship is a tough and demanding league, and our priority has to be conserving the squad to maximize results in it.

For me personally, that trophy (much less with a record points total) would be far more memorable than a Cup run bound to end short of Wembley.

If the players in my squad,took the same attitude..I-would sack the whole  bloody lot of them..

This is the big time fella,there isn’t another dimension..

There is the same big fish to fry, saveloys,Steak & kidney pies,Potatoe fritters,sausage fritters…with a nice juicy pickled Onion.. 

AND the belief you can upset & test yourself against those bigger boys,nothing wrong in showing you can have the best fish shop,and not just the scratchings.

Its called taking pride in what you do..!,

Every competition is there to take,and it ain’t just about winning,but putting other

squad players to the test,trying different set up or angles to your dedicated system

Or try a different system…1000 reasons why it’s that simple duty in profi-sport,to

be part of your nations football culture…Not to shun anything at one’s convenience..

because that’s what teams do, only losers walk by the fish shop..

16 hours ago, Parafox said:

Is the game on sky red button/any stream?

no its not on the red button

games on a Tuesday/Wednesday are on sky sports red button

all games are usually on a stream.....for outside the UK

Edited by FrankieADZ

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

If the players in my squad,took the same attitude..I-would sack the whole  bloody lot of them..

This is the big time fella,there isn’t another dimension..

There is the same big fish to fry, saveloys,Steak & kidney pies,Potatoe fritters,sausage fritters…with a nice juicy pickled Onion.. 

AND the belief you can upset & test yourself against those bigger boys,nothing wrong in showing you can have the best fish shop,and not just the scratchings.

Its called taking pride in what you do..!,

Every competition is there to take,and it ain’t just about winning,but putting other

squad players to the test,trying different set up or angles to your dedicated system

Or try a different system…1000 reasons why it’s that simple duty in profi-sport,to

be part of your nations football culture…Not to shun anything at one’s convenience..

because that’s what teams do, only losers walk by the fish shop..

Or those that choose a better healthier option. There's a great saying, chose your battles, but ensure you win the war. The League is our war, the FA Cup our battle. If it's a squad game, then let the squad be utilised at Millwall - it will benefit us all if they can get some game time.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

If we hadnt won the FA Cup already recently or had those quarter final runs then I'd be more up for the cup this season.

If we're comfortably mid table in the prem again, then the cup moves up in priority.

Full strength, get it won. 

Last game of the festive period where we’ve built up some serious momentum. A host of changes makes no sense unless any players have fitness niggles that need monitoring.

Ricardo in for Hamza. I wouldn’t be surprised if Justin gets rotated out for Coady with Faes moving to LB, or to see Doyle start for 60mins, but I’d keep JJ and rest him for Millwall. 

Get the points on the board and then let’s regroup and assess who we have available after AFCON call ups and Vardy / McAteer / Albrighton / Praet etc have had another week to recover and get fit again. 

I expect the Millwall cup tie will be a fresh look line up and a chance to gel a few players together ahead of the league football starting up again at Coventry.

Choudhury, Coady and Yunus only outfield players to have a decent amount of minutes without scoring this season - I’m going all 3 to score in a 3 -0 win.

Team

Hermansen 

Ricardo 
Vestergaard

Coady 

Justin (Doyle hopefully 30 mins)

Yunus

Winks

Ndidi

Fatawu

Daka

Mavididi 

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Choudhury, Coady and Yunus only outfield players to have a decent amount of minutes without scoring this season - I’m going all 3 to score in a 3 -0 win.

Team

Hermansen 

Ricardo 
Vestergaard

Coady 

Justin (Doyle hopefully 30 mins)

Yunus

Winks

Ndidi

Fatawu

Daka

Mavididi 

And then not putting Hamza in the team??! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see Cannon start today, although if Daka is still here then I can see the temptation to start him again as he's scored every home game he's started so far.

Hermansen

Ricardo

Faes

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ndidi/Casadei

Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Cannon

Mavididi

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J. James said:

I guess this comes down to " what is a football clubs purpose"?

Is it to win things or simply stay in business and make up the numbers?

Personally, I watch football for entertainment, and the best entertainment is without a shadow of doubt winning and the pinnacle is being in a final and winning.

If I want to watch a business then I tune in to the stock exchange, the way the club is run financially is not my concern and thankfully the only input we all have is turning up and handing over our dosh.

Frankly the club should not be in danger of bankruptcy due to not getting promoted if it is then it's not being run properly.

If I had a financial interest in the club I may feel differently but only may.

What's the point of millions in the bank if it's only to line the pockets of rich men and not used for a shot at glory and immortality?

Sounds suspiciously United to me.

Realistically we are most unlikely to win the EPL again in the years it has left, and I want to see us in finals and winning trophies.

In years to come I suppose cold blooded accountants may admire the figures and skip over the small fact that we never won a thing, but most football records strangely only seem to mention trophies and forget to mention bank accounts.

In the final analysis if this "let's not even try" attitude we're adopted by every team who thought they had a chance of finishing high or may be at risk of relegation ( probably 80% of clubs in January), then the glorious FA Cup and it's little brother would be dead.

The answer to why risk players is simple, because this is the greatest football competition in the world!

Some of the best and most memorable days of my life were at cup match away days and I want more!

I suppose you should put me in the misty eyed catagory then for wanting to be entertained!

I genuinely appreciate your views and respect them, I also agree with a lot of what you've said for the reasons given.

However, I personally just look at the situation more pragmatically on a season to season basis dependent where we are at any particular time. 

For me this season, promotion has to be the most important goal and we've come incredibly far in a very short space of time with a new manager with several new and young players. 

I agree with the approach that where possible usually, that you start each game with your best players and withdraw some later dependent on score and performance. Indeed, Enzo seems to do this also.

However, the prevailing circumstances are that this year, Afcon is about to happen and we will lose some of our regular players. Some of our other regular players will be getting fatigued and therefore to avoid injury, if possible, built-in rest games have to be at least considered. You can only visit the well so many times and players like KDH, Winks and Mavididi as just three examples are not robots. There may be others who our sports science people may evaluate as being near or into their red zone as they seem to refer to it.

With this in mind, the most appropriate game to try and rest players would logically be against Millwall in the cup. They themselves may also rest players of course but even at full strength aren't the strongest of opposition. 

Certainly for this one season the goal has to be promotion and every three points are vital at a period where we will be naturally weakened due to Afcon. It also gives lesser used players the chance to get minutes and try and play, in a real life situation and adapt to Enzo's system. For me it has to be worth it for this season.

Of all teams out there, we have proved what can be achieved with good and balanced team regardless of recognised galacticos but we are still at a formative stage currently after a rebuild. Promotion this season would enable us to ditch those players, new or old this summer that are deemed after full evaluation to be not up to the task and replace them with the money we'll then have to get more in. If we don't fully evaluate, in live match circumstances, players like Akgun, Cannon, Casadei or other youngsters we'll never know either. To risk certain of our best players to injury in a cup competition in such a season as this would be foolhardy at this point in time in my opinion just to tick an entertainment box to appease some supporters. Tradition and dreams are one thing but practicality and doing the best thing as a whole for a club at a particular point in time surely has to be a priority. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1