Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Cardiff (A) 0-2 - 29 Dec - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Much better 2nd half. Upped the tempo in places. And unfortunate not to get 1 or 2 more. Can someone explain though why Cannon got only 10 mins. Ideal game to get him more match time. 

He will get more time during AFCON.  I can understand Enzo not wanting to take Daka off too early.

Ideally he needs to be on with KDH, Ndidi, Fatawa and Mavididi all on the pitch for the best chance to shine.

Edited by Chrysalis

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Do I have some kind of spanner magnet on this forum?

Does anyone else attract these kind of incoherent freaks?

Yep, but mainly at work where I have to put up with them. Not on the internet where people think they’re double hard. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Much better 2nd half. Upped the tempo in places. And unfortunate not to get 1 or 2 more. Can someone explain though why Cannon got only 10 mins. Ideal game to get him more match time. 

Could be because if he picks an injury up now then Vardy will be the only striker left during January. Cannon hasn’t been back that long so might just be giving him more time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Missed that post, thanks for quoting it.

So thats why JJ is getting dropped now and again, I will take it instead of him losing long stretches injured.  Same with ricardo.

It’s not getting dropped. It’s just simply players being managed well which didn’t happen for the last two seasons. They’ve both had two of the same injuries which could be career enders and Ricardo a broken leg too. As I’m sure you know, after suffering long term injuries like that you’re much more likely to pick up niggly injuries just as Ricardo did when he was thrown in at the deep end.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Do you know this for 100% certain?

That makes "obligation to buy" a one sided affair. Player massively excels and then the "obligation" is taken from us as they sell to another club, player has a career threatening injury and we're lumbered with him.

Just for example if Fatawa if POTT at the AFCON, come back and scores 20 goals and 15 assists between February and the end of the season and Real Madrid gazump us but on the last day of the season he does a "David Busst" (don't google it if you don't know what I mean), Real Madrid pull out and we're forced to buy him.

It seems obligations are too heavily weighted against the buying team as you get all the downside and a limited upside. 

If any of these scenarios happen we'd still make the profit.

We'd fulfill our obligation to purchase and then immediately sell to Real Madrid for example at a higher price, everything would happen simultaneously.

I cannot see us signing an agreement that obligates us to purchase of certain conditions are met but allows Sporting to sell elsewhere if they fancy it.  Not even Rudkin would rubber stamp that sort of contract, surely.  

But it's all pie in the sky stuff.  Lads a massive talent but he's not proved himself at the highest level yet.  Plus he's a nutter and clearly enjoying himself here.  

If we go up I expect him to be with us sh1thousing opponents for at least a season. 

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Do you know this for 100% certain?

That makes "obligation to buy" a one sided affair. Player massively excels and then the "obligation" is taken from us as they sell to another club, player has a career threatening injury and we're lumbered with him.

Just for example if Fatawa if POTT at the AFCON, come back and scores 20 goals and 15 assists between February and the end of the season and Real Madrid gazump us but on the last day of the season he does a "David Busst" (don't google it if you don't know what I mean), Real Madrid pull out and we're forced to buy him.

It seems obligations are too heavily weighted against the buying team as you get all the downside and a limited upside. 

They can’t choose to sell to another club 

they are obligated to sell to us for a fee that’s already negotiated 

I’m just putting it out there that Abdul’s form cannot be going under the radar.  If his agent gets a better offer than we’ve made then whilst we can presumably force him to sign for us on a legal basis, you wouldn’t want to have a player who doesn’t want to be here.  I don’t think it’s never happened for a club to sign a player who they’ve had on loan and then immediately sell them elsewhere, making a few quid on the way. 

of course he would be unlikely to decide he didn’t want to be here for a mid table PL club.  It would have to be a club playing in europe or one of the rich six to turn his head that much. 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Intriguing they're still cautiously managing both JJ and Ricardo. 

We're 5/6 months back for JJ and a bit longer for Ricardo now.

Both have had similar injury histories (had to go look it up).  Both suffered an ACL tear, then an Achilles tendon rupture after coming back from the ACL tear.

I'm no doctor, but I have heard stories from many professional athletes about suffering a second serious injury after coming back from a major knee injury.  Their (the athletes) speculation was that their body was overcompensating for the previously damaged knee, and that put too much strain on other parts (e.g. Achilles), causing a second injury. 

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think teams have got into the play offs before with fewer points.

Just had a quick look, and it seems 69 points (Sunderland, last year) is the lowest in the last 30/35 years to finish 6th and reach the play-offs. Middlesbrough reached the play-offs with 69 in the early 90s, but that was when 4th-7th got into the play-offs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I know that’s what the loan deal says but what if someone like west ham came in and offered more than we’re obligated to pay and the olayer decides he’d rather go there? the player still has a say even though sporting have to sell to us. 

of course we could agree to complete the deal and then sell him to West Ham to try and make a few quid but we can’t  force him to sign for us. 

I don't recall incidents of this happening with obligation to buys. It's pretty much all on the buying club.

16 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Just had a quick look, and it seems 69 points (Sunderland, last year) is the lowest in the last 30/35 years to finish 6th and reach the play-offs. Middlesbrough reached the play-offs with 69 in the early 90s, but that was when 4th-7th got into the play-offs. 

We got 68 points in 2012-13, to finish 6th.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't recall incidents of this happening with obligation to buys. It's pretty much all on the buying club.

As well, most clubs would know there’s an OTB. So unless it’s a real powerhouse club with little in the way of morals, it’s highly unlikely this would ever happen. 

• Like 1