Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Cardiff (A) 0-2 - 29 Dec - Post-Match Thread

I can see us picking up more points in our away games 2nd half of season compared to home where teams will just come to us and camp.  Teams will feel that the onus is on them and that will just make it easier for us to pick them off one by one.  There was an inevitability about the game tonight.  You could just sense it right from the off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know that’s what the loan deal says but what if someone like west ham came in and offered more than we’re obligated to pay and the olayer decides he’d rather go there? the player still has a say even though sporting have to sell to us. 

of course we could agree to complete the deal and then sell him to West Ham to try and make a few quid but we can’t  force him to sign for us. 

Huh - we won't pull a fast one on Sporting! In fact they will dig up some small print and do us over big-style - thats their game.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Post Match Press Conference vs Cardiff City

Maresca on performance

“I’m very happy. Very happy for one reason. In this moment, with this amount of games, the effort from the players has been unbelievable. To play two games in a row away is very difficult. Away at Ipswich and then tonight, that is three hours, three-and-a-half hours to arrive. Playing every three days. I think the club has to be happy, me as manager, I’m very happy, very proud, and the fans they have to be proud of these players that they are fighting and showing the desire to win even in this period when we’re playing every three days. It’s not easy.”

That’s the most impressive thing, eh. It’s a run of fixtures that every normal team will shift points in unexpected reversals - and yet we power on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know that’s what the loan deal says but what if someone like west ham came in and offered more than we’re obligated to pay and the olayer decides he’d rather go there? the player still has a say even though sporting have to sell to us. 

of course we could agree to complete the deal and then sell him to West Ham to try and make a few quid but we can’t  force him to sign for us. 

Do you know this for 100% certain?

That makes "obligation to buy" a one sided affair. Player massively excels and then the "obligation" is taken from us as they sell to another club, player has a career threatening injury and we're lumbered with him.

Just for example if Fatawa if POTT at the AFCON, come back and scores 20 goals and 15 assists between February and the end of the season and Real Madrid gazump us but on the last day of the season he does a "David Busst" (don't google it if you don't know what I mean), Real Madrid pull out and we're forced to buy him.

It seems obligations are too heavily weighted against the buying team as you get all the downside and a limited upside. 

Edited by Gerard

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Post Match Press Conference vs Cardiff City

Maresca on performance

“I’m very happy. Very happy for one reason. In this moment, with this amount of games, the effort from the players has been unbelievable. To play two games in a row away is very difficult. Away at Ipswich and then tonight, that is three hours, three-and-a-half hours to arrive. Playing every three days. I think the club has to be happy, me as manager, I’m very happy, very proud, and the fans they have to be proud of these players that they are fighting and showing the desire to win even in this period when we’re playing every three days. It’s not easy.”

Justin's goal?

“JJ deserves it. We are trying to manage him because of the injury in the last season. So he’s not playing always. He’s the same situation as Ricardo. He was out tonight to manage his situation. JJ deserved it, Hamza deserved it, they played very good. I think all of them they play fantastic.”

11 points clear?

“Happy for sure. First of all because to finish the year with more than 60 points, nobody expected, me included, I didn’t expect that. We need to continue.”

Iheanacho?

“Kelechi has a muscle problem two days ago. We are still waiting to see if it’s something important or a matter of days. But I don’t think he will be able for the next one.

“Not yet (know if it will affect Afcon call-up). It depends on the injury. If it’s an important injury, he has no chance to go. If it’s not important, he can go.”

Intriguing they're still cautiously managing both JJ and Ricardo. 

We're 5/6 months back for JJ and a bit longer for Ricardo now.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Intriguing they're still cautiously managing both JJ and Ricardo. 

We're 5/6 months back for JJ and a bit longer for Ricardo now.

Missed that post, thanks for quoting it.

So thats why JJ is getting dropped now and again, I will take it instead of him losing long stretches injured.  Same with ricardo.