Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Cardiff (A) 0-2 - 29 Dec - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Never seen such a half arsed press, Cardiff players just had no conviction at all. Easiest 3 points we'll get on the road this season. 

Real dire performance from Cardiff, much worse then the reverse fixture. At the end of the 1st half they were arguing with one another, because nobody was pressing 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They can’t choose to sell to another club 

they are obligated to sell to us for a fee that’s already negotiated 

I’m just putting it out there that Abdul’s form cannot be going under the radar.  If his agent gets a better offer than we’ve made then whilst we can presumably force him to sign for us on a legal basis, you wouldn’t want to have a player who doesn’t want to be here.  I don’t think it’s never happened for a club to sign a player who they’ve had on loan and then immediately sell them elsewhere, making a few quid on the way. 

of course he would be unlikely to decide he didn’t want to be here for a mid table PL club.  It would have to be a club playing in europe or one of the rich six to turn his head that much. 

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't recall incidents of this happening with obligation to buys. It's pretty much all on the buying club.

I think this happened a couple of years back with Benik Afobe. Wolves had him on loan from Bournemouth with an obligation/option to buy, he bagged a load of goals and wolves snapped up the deal - two weeks later he joined Stoke and Wolves bagged a little bit of profit. We could do similar in this eventuality - the agreed fee is €17m I believe, how much would he be worth to another club at this rate I wonder.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hales said:

Proud of this team

Relegated with broken spirits, no confidence, players isolated.....

Lost Madders, Youri, Barnes, Castagne.....

Now they are playing as a team, working hard. Playing with spirit and confidence and, most importantly, enjoying their football again.  How nice is it to see the big smiles back on their faces?! The transformation of Jannick! Love each of the new signings.  What a transformation.

I look forward to football again! 

Thank you Enzo and your team.  We have our Leicester back and isnt it a great feeling! 💙

Spot on! In hindsight, it's probably a much-needed change. Unfortunately, we didn't play as a team under Rodgers, and our wins were more of individual sparks.

Enzo is doing wonders right now, assembling a real team from scratch with a real purpose and proper tactics in mind. Hopefully, we can keep this up after being promoted. We will definitely need another 2-3 players to stay competitive at EPL level. 

Also, KDH actually gives me the Bellingham vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up performing very well in EPL, big teams will come knocking on our doors for him. Hopefully if that were to happen, he decides to stay with us, he's our boy afterall. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Flying past the 60 point mark, another comfortable win without extending ourselves.

They were the worst team we’ve played this season, absolutely awful.

It's funny because we've said that a few times this season. Rotherham, Preston, Cardiff etc. The truth is this division is full of terrible teams.

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Proud of this team

Relegated with broken spirits, no confidence, players isolated.....

Lost Madders, Youri, Barnes, Castagne.....

Now they are playing as a team, working hard. Playing with spirit and confidence and, most importantly, enjoying their football again.  How nice is it to see the big smiles back on their faces?! The transformation of Jannick! Love each of the new signings.  What a transformation.

I look forward to football again! 

Thank you Enzo and your team.  We have our Leicester back and isnt it a great feeling! 💙

You missed out we also lost the useless midget - all be it one year late.

6 hours ago, Langston said:

No way 80 odd points gets us up. Genuinely think we see a record points haul for 4th this season let alone 3rd.

Yeah, I can see it being 90+points to finish above 3rd this season. We need 10 or 11 more wins to be sure.

Our advantage is currently that Southampton are really putting the pressure of Ipswich and Leeds, so while the 3 of them are scrapping in out, mentally the all the pressure is on them and they could start to slip backwards, although there seems to be no stopping the Saints at the moment. 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I see that at the end of the game, Vesty threw his shirt into the crowd. If he’d have tried that last year, it would have been thrown back at him. The fact that someone kept it speaks volumes..

He’s unbelievable in this system and at this level, everything really goals through him. Joy to watch. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He’s unbelievable in this system and at this level, everything really goals through him. Joy to watch. 

I love the fact he went off in a huff after the Ipswich game as well - It really felt as though that 93rd minute goal hurt. 

He was quietly absolutely immense yesterday again I thought - Never has a player proved me more wrong and I thought Kane was crap too. 

The lad clearly has a lot of character 

I think someone will buy Vest for £10-12m if we go up. A bundesliga, champo, eredivisie or ligue 1 side. He can't play the same role in the prem due to pace, but has resurrected his career implementing Enzo ball.

On another note, KDH has clearly been told to straighten his runs with the ball. Notable last night how instead of turning and running left channel as he usually does he ran straight at central defenders - 3 or 4 times.

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I think someone will buy Vest for £10-12m if we go up. A bundesliga, champo, eredivisie or ligue 1 side. He can't play the same role in the prem due to pace, but has resurrected his career implementing Enzo ball.

On another note, KDH has clearly been told to straighten his runs with the ball. Notable last night how instead of turning and running left channel as he usually does he ran straight at central defenders - 3 or 4 times.

Unless we offer him and he signs a new contract, they'll get him for nothing as his contract ends in June.

• Like 1

Another great win, another 2 great goals.

The 1st goal made even better due to Cardiff playing out and getting caught - Oh I do love to see it (except when its us) - Years ago they'd be on bloopers reels on Christmas DVD's, now teams are lauded for 'trying'.

Great scenes on and off the pitch at the end again.

• Like 1