Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Cardiff (A) 0-2 - 29 Dec - Post-Match Thread

Not his biggest fan but Hamza was very good last night. 

Teams are getting to the point where they don’t want to play us. Same happened last time promoted no one wanted to chase after our wingers all game - it’s probably worst now, imagine that being your third game in 7 days and running after the ball for 70 odd minutes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Never seen such a half arsed press, Cardiff players just had no conviction at all. Easiest 3 points we'll get on the road this season. 

I had RL on for 2nd half and Matt Piper who is generally quite good had a bout of the verbals , kept on about Cardiff having a 'resting press'-a what ?

Resting press ? You mean not pressing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Teams are getting to the point where they don’t want to play us. Same happened last time promoted no one wanted to chase after our wingers all game - it’s probably worst now, imagine that being your third game in 7 days and running after the ball for 70 odd minutes 

Well C you had better turn into a Hamza fan he will be essential on our return to the PL!

29 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That's a great point, and something I'd not considered. Bet Huddersfield can't wait to chase the ball around on Monday for their 3rd game in a week. 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Intriguing they're still cautiously managing both JJ and Ricardo. 

We're 5/6 months back for JJ and a bit longer for Ricardo now.

It’s almost like we don’t want them to be constantly injured… unlike other regimes we could mention! 

10 hours ago, Turtle27 said:

Choudhury was good tonight could have done with him in for the past 30mins against Ipswich

I can guarantee if he was brought on there would have been howls of derision in the Match thread about us defending a 1-0 lead and ‘negative football’.

But yes it was just what we needed to better control the middle of the park more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

We were talking about this on the way back last night.

Every team apart from Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds will see us as a Free Hit home or away.  It’s a small step from there to seeing it as an opportunity to rest their better players.  Cardiff last night were definitely in damage limitation mode after the second goal went in.

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

His all round performance was absolutely superb too. What a goal - I thought it was going over - absolute pandemonium when it went in 

There's a video on YouTube from the Cardiff section where you can clearly hear shouts of  'wheyyyy' as JJ gets the shot off. It's that easily recognizable sound that fans make when they think an opponent's effort is going high and wide!

• Haha 3

Think it's already been said, but the Cardiff commentators on the stream last night were by far and away the best I've heard this season. Professional, knowledgeable and very fair and gracious - complete opposite to their Swansea counterparts.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Think it's already been said, but the Cardiff commentators on the stream last night were by far and away the best I've heard this season. Professional, knowledgeable and very fair and gracious - complete opposite to their Swansea counterparts.

Always better than the Jack b------ds. 😂

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Enzo, give us a wave, Enzo Enzo give us a wave :D 

Loved that, especially when he waved... 

Is'nt it great though when you wake up make coffee and sit down to have a browse through FT and everyone is happy and proud of team.

Some cracking performances last night and OMG what a goal from JJ, how much confidence will that give him moving forward. 

Another team bites the dust and we look forward to Huddersfield on Monday. 

Yes I loved that when he returned the wave. A thoroughly professional and competent performance last night. I couldn’t fault anything really apart from my own screaming ‘give the ball to Fatawu’. Winning away at Cardiff on a cold night when we played only a few days earlier is no easy task and we made it look just that. Well done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

That's a great point, and something I'd not considered. Bet Huddersfield can't wait to chase the ball around on Monday for their 3rd game in a week. 

Enzo, is playing a wise and canny hand. 

We the fans were looking for various

rotation selections, we'll he hasn't held back in picking his strongest available players..

FATAWUs youth, and DAKAs

emergence, and juggling, beween

RICARDOs & JUSTINs injury recovery phase, then by showing large confidence in CHOUDHURY, we have 5 players we have put back on the PL track.

Then held with NDIDI & KDH digging out WINKS, TO create our strong  midfield, that earn their right to take us into the PL,

Then for me 2 golden gems, that defied gravity..Vestergaard & Faes who have OPPO midfield and forwards running around wasting energy. To complete the circle he's introduced to a long lost art in football, with FATAWU, MAVIDIDI, MCATEER, we have 'wingers' 

that have produced some of our best moments, and give us.. continual press & OPPO worry, and dangerous outlet from the OPPO press. 

Disagree with most opinions on our individual fringe or cover players, we have a various selection of up & coming talent mixed with OLDER serious campaigners who hold more than their own..who have found the net or created assists.. 

There will be then natural investment in potential quality from outside and from wihin.. in the coming near future.. 

Any OTT negativity isn't worth any

pearl of sweat... Even our reverses have gave us a surge of progress and player improvement.. If someone has returned a poor day out, he has been "rested" but not soured.

We can go forward into those international competitions, without panicking on loss of key resources, spite their worthy service and input.. 

Over 5-6 games, we could well find

some new heroes or potential selection headaches. 

Plus resources that can keep 5-6 game

turnovers from our door.. 

7 hours ago, Koke said:

It's funny because we've said that a few times this season. Rotherham, Preston, Cardiff etc. The truth is this division is full of terrible teams.

Its certainly right the biggest myth in football is the Championship is the hardest league to get out of certainly not for relegated teams   Whilst agreeing with Kokes comments I would point out that Rotherham drew with Leeds and beat Middlesborough  both who beat us and we also only drew with Sheff Wed   so  perhaps we can be kind and say inconsistent instead of terrible   

12 hours ago, MPH said:

I see that at the end of the game, Vesty threw his shirt into the crowd. If he’d have tried that last year, it would have been thrown back at him. The fact that someone kept it speaks volumes..

having wiped their a..e on it 1stlol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hburton81295 said:

really dissapointed with the second half we have problems with conceding cornens i thought cardiff we going to come back into the game its something that needs sorting out under enzo marseca

Did you watch the game with your eyes closed? Second half could have ended up being 0-4, comfortably. Cardiff offered little and we held them at arms length without a great deal of effort….. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

We were talking about this on the way back last night.

Every team apart from Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds will see us as a Free Hit home or away.  It’s a small step from there to seeing it as an opportunity to rest their better players.  Cardiff last night were definitely in damage limitation mode after the second goal went in.

There's enough of "those" games left where we will just by the law of possibility win games. 20 odd shots Vs 3 or 4. It's one of many reasons why this tactic works so well. Even if it isn't always as entertaining or pleasing on the eye. Vestegaard having the ball patiently waiting at the back is a lot better than a back and forth basketball game against Huddersfield.

Indicative of so many games this season where we should have put about 5 past them but were a little wasteful.

Would really like to see Cannon start the next game.  He looks eager and definitely with some minutes will come into his own.  Casadei wasn't overly bad either but really needs to do more to justify the hype he gets from Chelsea fans. 

Mavididi and Fatawu are an absolute joy to watch at the minute.  

We're just fVck!ng incredible really.

• Like 1