Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Don’t be silly. We need him to fire!! :ph34r:

“ cannon and ball team up for Leicester win”

Cannon shows no rust in Leicester win”

it’s going to be awful

A very disjointed display, something you'd expect from playing so many of the rotation players.

I hope Enzo gives as much game time to the squad players, even Casadei. These guys need to play a few games in a row to get used to system football, and this should be a game where we only concede from a self-made error. After the goal we looked quite good, and with a few better decisions could have threatened a bit more.

Delighted for Cannon to get his first goal, I'm hoping (but not expecting) we can get Yunus onto the scoresheet too.

A lot of these players will probably feature in the Cup game too, so I think it's better to pass judgement after that game, or maybe even the one after.

I will take a scrappy 1-0 win today all day, every day.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Do you recall when we played Kisnorbo in midfield? 

I'm sure that's who Rodri modelled his game on.

Though I'd say that against Chelsea in the league cup with 7/8 defenders on the pitch including Darren Kenton, James Chambers and Bruno N'Gotty playing in midfield would take some beating!

Terrible first half and a moment of class from Cannon has us ahead.

He has been totally anonymous otherwise. Fatawu putting in a shocker and no cohesion to the team.

I reckon we'll come out much better in the second half thigh and win this 3-0

• Like 1

I think we need two more goals to make the win for sure.

I remember under O'Neill at Derby in 1998 when we went 4-0 up in first 15 minutes. After the game Martin said he felt we needed a fifth before he could truly relax.. 

Guest nathan.
Just now, Finnegan said:

Most of the team have been. 

Winks and Faes have been good everyone else 5/10

It’s obvious to see we are far superior to the opposition. Awesome snap shot by the cannon! 

on the whole we are in control but I don’t like the slow down to almost standstill. Faes has forced it up a few times and got away with it. Not good - focus needs to stay sharp. It’s only 1-0. Maybe when it’s 4-0

they can start farting around with the ball and afford a few cock ups. Hope Enzo gets into them and the ball moves around more quickly with the intent to attack not just endlessly probe on the peripheral.

home crowd needs entertainment to keep warm after all.

btw great results so far in the league!

happy new year :bounce:

• Like 1

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Have looked much better since the goal. Hope this gives Cannon some confidence to kickstart his career with us.

I think he'll get a second and then Enzo will take him off ready for the Cup at Bermondsey United next week.

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Playing shi*t and one nil up at HT. Hopefully we can click in to gear and get another 2.

The game is going as expected and I wouldn't say we are playing shi.te. playing keep ball waiting for an opportunity. I would say it's going to plan.

• Like 1

To be honest. So many games in quick succession we just have to get through it with as many points as possible. We can’t reasonably expect high quality performances with the physical and mental energy that’s been expended.

Regroup after this game and hopefully EM will have a bit of time to work with the players who we’ll need to rely upon during the AFCON 

• Like 1