Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Statistically we’ve got one of the best defences this league has ever seen.

I think that says more about the league than our defence to be honest. Meaning if we concede the same amount of opportunities in the Premier League we'd concede 3/4 times more.

I don't see dramatic improvements from last season once the pressure is put on, but the combination of heinous finishing in this league and teams being too timid to attack (because our attack is always better than theirs) makes our defence look, on paper, to be amongst the best in Europe.

• Like 1

Just now, BigGibbo said:

I think that says more about the league than our defence to be honest. Meaning if we concede the same amount of opportunities in the Premier League we'd concede 3/4 times more.

I don't see dramatic improvements from last season once the pressure is put on, but the combination of heinous finishing in this league and teams being too timid to attack (because our attack is always better than theirs) makes our defence look, on paper, to be amongst the best in Europe.

I know what you’re saying we will need upgrades. We can only play what is in front us us though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We've conceded 18 goals in 26 games lol

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Best defence in the league, but ok

Like I replied previously, I think that says more about the league.

Not that we won't make enough adjustments to go along with promotion confidence to still level up next season.

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Yes, it is not enough to say that we have a great defence because we have conceded fewest. That only tells half the story.   Often teams park the bus against us and concede possession.  The result is that they are often less ambitious offensively and our defence is not tested.  On occasion, when we are tested, it is reasonable to be concerned that we have looked vulnerable.

• Thanks 1