Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Huddersfield (H) 4-1 - New Years Day - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

‘The championship is a tough, physical league, we will get bullied’ 

Absolute nonsense. Cannon flicked a big strapping centre back off with his fingernail and still had enough time to take a few touches, look up and score. The physicality and ability of the other 23 teams in this league is embarrassing. Another easy win without breaking sweat and a bit of fun after our third to keep everyone awake. 

In all fairness the last time we were in the championship all of these applied. Teams in the championship have adapted their game and the physicality of the league has certainly declined over the last decade.

It's still tough, we just have the advantage that our style was implemented quite quickly and teams are still playing our reputation rather than the team in front of them. Huddersfield were a good example of that today, they set up to not concede too many goals and keep it tight. Once they started playing they gave us a half decent game

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In all fairness the last time we were in the championship all of these applied. Teams in the championship have adapted their game and the physicality of the league has certainly declined over the last decade.

It's still tough, we just have the advantage that our style was implemented quite quickly and teams are still playing our reputation rather than the team in front of them. Huddersfield were a good example of that today, they set up to not concede too many goals and keep it tight. Once they started playing they gave us a half decent game

Exactly, the last time was 10 years ago. People basing their opinion on the league 10 years ago (when btw we got 102 points…) is odd. 
Not sure about that. It was embarrassingly easy today, played in fourth gear. City had a bit of fun and we’re clearly thinking about a post match beer at 3-0, but imo that’s no positive reflection on Huddersfield. 

27 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

As comfortable as it could ever be. 
Although I did hear someone behind me say second half at 3-1 that Huddersfield are more used to the rain and it’s an advantage for them. 😂

That Is Awesome !!!

The guy needs to be doing colour for sky !!

Edited by gurru991

Starting to turn out as I thought- that our attacking threat would click and we'd rack up goals. Nowhere near our best, looking leggy and not really fitting the changes in but a goal sparked us into life. 

Great to see Cannon take his chances and gain some confidence.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

As comfortable as it could ever be. 
Although I did hear someone behind me say second half at 3-1 that Huddersfield are more used to the rain and it’s an advantage for them. 😂

Where do you sit? I heard that exact same comment in G1

53 minutes ago, Phube said:

Our GD, GF and GA columns are getting a bit embarrassing now…

IMG_5546.jpeg

Feels like we're starting the season with a ten point advantage and a twenty goal lead.

Meanwhile from the Huddersfield Town forum:

"Oddly, for a team which is top of the league by a mile, packed with stars and able to score at will, Leicester really are insanely boring to watch."

Well at least we've given them something to cling on to and, to be fair, its an opinion I've seen expressed multiple times on here 

9 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Meanwhile from the Huddersfield Town forum:

"Oddly, for a team which is top of the league by a mile, packed with stars and able to score at will, Leicester really are insanely boring to watch."

Well at least we've given them something to cling on to and, to be fair, its an opinion I've seen expressed multiple times on here 

I mean, we are TBF, we’re doing the business but so dull to watch 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Lovely!

this mug is 25 years old and my pre match ritual is a cup of tea in this mug. Amazingly I lost it last season and found it in the basement on my tool shelf. It came with an Easter Egg.

IMG_5270.jpeg

Have you still got the Easter egg? 😐

He’s done it again…

Enzo changes midfield, plus a few other tweaks, obviously the first half used

to shake  some of the sloppyness disjointed half contractions like dust out of

their movements…First time so some early cautious periods…

Again too many FTer though rightly concerned,just refuse to see and accept whats

happenning before them & prefer the negative responses…

The system again proves to be our protector,but eventually our creator.

Then throws out & finds two new(ish) guys to grab Enzo’s mantel & use the system

to their & teams benefit…Then  allows a third to grow into his duties,he might not at present be so dynamic,but is holding his own and learns & is making slow progress..

Cannon explodes into the new year  in taking first choice selection bow..

Agun takes an edgy start,then confidence starts to flow and stamps his own guile into the game.

Castadei has the baggage of FTers too ready pounce on the negative,but delivers

again a steady performance,but he is still the youngest and lest experienced in midfield.

Speculatives & plaudits go to Cannon, we have found a new striker for the future.

Dare I say,with Daka & Cannon, takes Vardy-donkey off our backs.

Though Vardy will still have his say..

Ricardo the old rocker was everywhere..

But MOtM,.. The System..

Everyweek allows Enzo to develope the squad and build progress for players,squad,and himself alike.

Protects us more often and not against our frailties,and allows ALL players some room for slip-ups & weak moments ,then in that gives us strength & backbone to use our quality ,skill and mental attachment to burst and move through the formation whatever the opposition has to offer..

Today we saw the return of Marcal,and Doyle. with.MCateer,Vardy to return
We seem thanks to Enzo’s. top wise judgement well set & comfortable to cover any outages ( form & injuries),plus to out manoeuvre around those International cup competitions. Each time a question is set,Enzo & his squad have picked up the guantlet and in various phases solved most of those questions & fan’s quandaries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2