Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Huddersfield (H) 4-1 - New Years Day - Post-Match Thread

Not at our best but no one can complain at the scoreline. Not sure why we looked so panicky defensively at times. Perhaps Huddersfield weren’t actually too bad going forward, though their forays left space for us to attack. Made for quite an entertaining second half.

Pleased for Cannon to get such a productive haul in his first start for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lovely!

this mug is 25 years old and my pre match ritual is a cup of tea in this mug. Amazingly I lost it last season and found it in the basement on my tool shelf. It came with an Easter Egg.

IMG_5270.jpeg

The top of your xmas tree is wonky, epic failure....:revenge:

Just now, foxfanazer said:

That'll do nicely. I genuinely feel like we get bored sometimes and try to make a game of it lol

Lovely to see a Cannon brace

I literally said the exact same thing to my wife whilst watching the game lol

Sometimes we treat these teams as pre season friendlies against lower leagues sides.

Just now, weller54 said:

Tractor Boys have lost 3 wheels, engine and gearbox lately... what's that 3 points from the last 15? 😂

4 points and only 3 goals.

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lovely!

this mug is 25 years old and my pre match ritual is a cup of tea in this mug. Amazingly I lost it last season and found it in the basement on my tool shelf. It came with an Easter Egg.

IMG_5270.jpeg

Vindication for Brendan at last! Down with @MPH relegation all on you 😂

• Haha 1

Another fantastic performance overall, still a little bit :shakey_still: at times in defence, but overall we dominated again and put on a really good performance, we started the season well then seemed to stagnate slightly, but in the last 5-6 games we really have turned on the taps and you can see we are getting better at learning when we need to press the button and attack rather than passing for the sake of passing. Had concerns during that period in the middle of the first half of the season where it felt like we were overcoached and going backwards at times, but Enzo so far is doing an amazing job of proving my concerns completely wrong. 

Tom Cannon looks like a hell of a player based on today and at 21 years old, him and Daka will easily see us through the rest of this season if Iheanacho goes, and who knows possibly long term they could still be here in a few years, but with todays performance I think that takes a bit of pressure off of us needing a striker for a few months. 

Great performance and a great way to start the year. Brilliant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Akgun definitely has something about him. Not saying he was fantastic or anything but tidy enough. Casadei did pick up 2nd half but he just looks like he’s struggling 

It seems Enzo is a good judge of player.

Not every player can hit the ground running and most will be judging against what they’ve seen in those positions before - which are two very, very good players for the level in KDH and N’didi.

• Like 1