Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Huddersfield (H) 4-1 - New Years Day - Post-Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Haven’t seen back but looked a bad mistake 

Deflection off the last man in the wall but he should still get more on it, definitely keep it out.

It's as standard a win as you'll see, plus the bonus of having Doyle back and KDH getting a rest too.

Credit to Hudds for getting 8 shots on the board in the second half too.  Too many just sit on their own half waiting for the final whistle.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah I agree, but they didn't even look interested when we went 2 up. Surely at 2-0 your game plan is out of the window. It helped that they got their goal so soon after our 3rd and gave them a bit of spark. 

I know it's a completely different game and mindset at 3-0 or 3-1 but they looked half decent when they came at us

Their aim and plan is to keep the scoreline low. They don't want the team mentally affected and the confidence dropped after a 7-1 or whatever result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Apparently he played non league to a pretty high standard before taking up the whistle. The game needs more ex players taking their refs badges.

And his cousin is Wayne Alison who played in the football league for the majority of his career, him and Sunny Gill are the best refs in the division

10 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

The Cannon Ball Run has begun!

I'd love to hear 20000 fans collectively shout "Rock on Tommy" but I guess you have to be of a certain age to get the reference 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I'd love to hear 20000 fans collectively shout "Rock on Tommy" but I guess you have to be of a certain age to get the reference 

Bloke two down from me said exactly this and it made me smile. More so because it was aimed at the 9 year old girl with him who will have no idea! Fantastic

Getting quite routine it's a struggle, very slow and patient but then you know we'll switch it on ahead of half time if not start of the second half.

Good game, without being cocky, bigheaded, entitled, it's too easy really but we can only play who we play!

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Deflection off the last man in the wall but he should still get more on it, definitely keep it out.

It's as standard a win as you'll see, plus the bonus of having Doyle back and KDH getting a rest too.

Credit to Hudds for getting 8 shots on the board in the second half too.  Too many just sit on their own half waiting for the final whistle.

They did have a go after the third and caused us some problems but didn’t feel at any point we were in any huge danger 

Highlight of the game; the increasingly visible signs of frustration from their #14 and #10 each time the pressed our defence only for the ball to be pinged away just before they got there. Poor blokes may have well just gone out for a New Year day jog!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HereBeFoxes said:

That was tighter than the scoreline suggests, I feel.  Albeit still comfortable. 

What game were you watching? It's embarrassing we are in the same league as most of these teams. We got bored and concdeded a goal but we were stratospheres better than them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

About as comfortable as it gets. Cannon looks like a great finisher, some nice touches aswell. Justin is so much better on the right. Yunus decent. Dont rate Casadei at all, so slow and laboured on the ball. Would like to see some clips of him at Inter to see what Chelsea saw

Agree with this except I thought Casadei played well today and got stuck in a few times.

• Like 3

Again another team which looked like they didn't want to be there but I ain't got a clue what got into Huddersfield at 3-0 when they started playing really well. Rudoni for them is a good player, so be a handy pick-up as a squad type player. 

Reality is that 9 or 10 wins does it from there (particularly given others from recently) - we've got Swansea, QPR, Wednesday, Birmingham, Blackburn all left at home. Our last eight games couldn't be better - will be a bit of challenge from next week to March mind. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"No easy games in the Championship"

"You need a manager with Championship experience"

Time to retire these myths.

‘The championship is a tough, physical league, we will get bullied’ 

Absolute nonsense. Cannon flicked a big strapping centre back off with his fingernail and still had enough time to take a few touches, look up and score. The physicality and ability of the other 23 teams in this league is embarrassing. Another easy win without breaking sweat and a bit of fun after our third to keep everyone awake. 

• Like 2

great easyish win

most of our starting 11 are way too good for this league, made my last day of drinking for a while a very pleasant experience

pundits said "leeds will catch up leicester" nah will they fvck mateys

Edited by Trent Steel

8 minutes ago, Holly B said:

See the bed wetters we’re out in force after we weren’t 5 up in 20 mins in the match thread !!

“If this is the team for the next 6 games...... we're well and truly f**ed”

Who said that!!!?🤬🤬....

Idiot!!!!

• Haha 1