Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Millwall (A) FA Cup

Give Canon and Doyle more playing time, but otherwise rotate as much as possible…

Stolarczyk

Choudhury, Coady, Vestergaard (Nelson), Doyle

Praet*, Casadei, Yunus

Albrighton, Cannon, Wanya

*If Praet is still unfit, then regrettably Winks (Alves?)

Edited by NaijaFox

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Weird not to be arsed about this because it's the FA Cup but I'd much prefer it not to be there and just to carry on momentum in the league. Useful that it takes up a slot instead of a league game whilst the Afcon boys are away though!

Personally, I’m ambivalent. Frankly, the best thing about the game is according us a nearly 2-week break before the next league game. Otherwise, couldn’t be bothered.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Give Canon and Doyle more playing time, but otherwise rotate as much as possible…

Stolarczyk

Choudhury, Coady, Vestergaard (Nelson), Doyle

Praet*, Casadei, Yunus

Albrighton, Cannon, Wanya

*If Praet is still unfit, then regrettably Winks (Alves?)

No chance Enzo makes that many changes. 

23 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

Have to disagree. We will be promoted at a canter.

Maybe we could actually win the FA Cup as a second tier side, ala Sunderland, Southampton, West Ham back in the day.

Then we can embark on another European tour. :)

Perhaps we can repeat what West Brom did in 1931. Won FA Cup and the second tier in the same season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Perhaps we can repeat what West Brom did in 1931. Won FA Cup and the second tier in the same season.

Even better. Love it Statto! We'll be closing in on their 5 FA Cup wins, th last being 1968.

• Like 1

I’m always usually one to say that both cup competitions are important. Ultimately trophies won are what any team is measured by.  Being in the stadium when two league cups and the PL trophy were lifted and watching on telly as the FA Cup was lifted are the highlights of my supporting life. 

HOWEVER. The next game comes after a really heavy period of football. We’re fortunate to get through it, so far, without any run of injuries. It seems that only a significant number of injuries in our squad is the thing that would stop our push for promotion from here. Let’s protect some players and heavily rotate for the next game. 

I still want to win the game and I think our 2nd string are capable against Millwall. It also gives some of the squad players a game and gets them ready for the point when they’ll be needed. So a cup run is still to  our advantage. 

If, however, we rotate and lose I’ll still think it was the right decision. We can reassess if we were to find ourselves in the QF further down the line 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Best team possible please. We're comfortable at the top of the league, why not treat FA Cup as a major competition and also test our strength against the current PL sides?

We won’t exactly be “testing our strength against the current PL sides” at Millwall on Saturday. IMHO, simply treat each game on its own merits.

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We won’t exactly be “testing our strength against the current PL sides” at Millwall on Saturday. IMHO, simply treat each game on its own merits.

Yes correct, I mean a possible future draw against a PL side if we take the competition seriously. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m always usually one to say that both cup competitions are important. Ultimately trophies won are what any team is measured by.  Being in the stadium when two league cups and the PL trophy were lifted and watching on telly as the FA Cup was lifted are the highlights of my supporting life. 

HOWEVER. The next game comes after a really heavy period of football. We’re fortunate to get through it, so far, without any run of injuries. It seems that only a significant number of injuries in our squad is the thing that would stop our push for promotion from here. Let’s protect some players and heavily rotate for the next game. 

I still want to win the game and I think our 2nd string are capable against Millwall. It also gives some of the squad players a game and gets them ready for the point when they’ll be needed. So a cup run is still to  our advantage. 

If, however, we rotate and lose I’ll still think it was the right decision. We can reassess if we were to find ourselves in the QF further down the line 

A bit confused here. Millwall played less games than us? If we rotate they should rotate also? 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

A bit confused here. Millwall played less games than us? If we rotate they should rotate also? 

To be honest I don't care what Millwall do as I don't support them 

1 hour ago, 1972 Fox said:

Have to disagree. We will be promoted at a canter.

Maybe we could actually win the FA Cup as a second tier side, ala Sunderland, Southampton, West Ham back in the day.

Then we can embark on another European tour. :)

Why not go for it this year. The league is too easy and it’d be good for us to draw an actual football team in the cup to test our ability 

• Like 1