Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Millwall (A) FA Cup

There has to be some rotation here, I appreciate we have a bit of a break either side but some players have had a very heavy workload in the last month or so.

I would go with

Hermansen

Choudhury

Faes

Coady

Doyle

Winks

Casadei

KDH

Akgun

Vardy

Mcateer

If Vardy and Mcateer don’t make it go with Wanya and Cannon. 

Get Winks and KDH off on the hour mark 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Winks is no.1 on the list of those who ought to have a well earned rest. The bloke plays EVERY game.

That's a fair one, I'd probably be happy to swap in Ricky P.

One of the two have to play otherwise the ball won't go forwards :D  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

At the moment I’m a bit “meh” on whether we risk players at Miiiill  at the weekend but I know if we are eliminated by something like an 83rd minute penalty I will get the hump and wish we’d committed a bit more :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Could really do with another option to replace Ricardo and Winks. Choudhury is currently cover for both. 

I think we will changes at the back but don't have lots of options going forward unless he goes with youngsters.

Even without Academy youth up n coming stars we still have a good groupings of permatations.

Praet is the quandary,and again FT fictional stories are building a ridiculous agenda,that posters will base their input on the nonsense.

Fair to fans,player himself,and honesty from Enzo ,

the club,player or manager should make some small statement….

A fit,mentally prepared Praet,can still have a big input for this season.

I don’t think we should waste this rescource.

This type of cloak & dagger information on players that many clubs have,builds

mis-information & quite frankly somewhat un-professional and immature…

Have to be careful with this one especially if we get a ref that doesn't get an early grip on Millwall late tackles. They gave plenty of attention to our threats in the recent home game and, in particular, tried to kick the fuch out of Fatawu. 

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Don't think we should be starting any of our crucial players in this tbh, there is absolutely no point in risking players in a tournament we have zero chance of winning

5000-1 shots, would you say?

The problem with resting the first XI en masse is that they could lack a bit of match sharpness at Cov after 2 weeks out. Momentum is also a big thing in football. Playing a whole load of reserves and going out of the Cup tamely as a result could impact negatively more generally. It certainly did when Pearson did it back in 2012/13, though of course this current squad is much stronger. I just feel we should make 5 or 6 changes rather than 10 or 11. It's very hard for a team of squad players to be thrown together and play coherently. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think we will rotate but still fairly strong. Would like to get through and test ourselves against a good but not top PL side, preferably at home.

I don't think we can underestimate the usefulness of Enzo having a couple goes at PL teams if we can.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Weird not to be arsed about this because it's the FA Cup but I'd much prefer it not to be there and just to carry on momentum in the league. Useful that it takes up a slot instead of a league game whilst the Afcon boys are away though!

You say not lose momentum in the league, but a loss is loss and knocks confidence, especially if it's against a team that general consensus says you should win. 

Success breeds success. Obviously it would be ridiculous to suggest we could win the FA cup (especially and cruise to a record Championship title ), but I'd rather keep in the competition until at least a Premier League team beats us.

• Like 1

It would be nice to win, but equally it will be no big deal if we go out. Therefore I don’t mind whether we rest a few or go near enough full strength. I trust Maresca to make the right calls as he assesses the bigger picture. He is the one who knows his players’ fitness and recovery, and his rotation over the festive period was just about spot on.

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Obviously it would be ridiculous to suggest we could win the FA cup

Yup, on paper it's ridiculous. But our full strength side is possibly lower mid table PL standard but with the added weight of confidence. 

It's not absurd to imagine Brighton, Palace, Everton, Wolves getting to a final. 

Tbh, I'd play a massively rested team but so will Millwall and I'd love us to have a pop at this. By the time the business end of the competition comes round, we will be as good as up anyway 

• Like 1