Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LFEFox23

Season 24/25

Hi All, 

I don't want to look to far ahead YET.... But wanted your thoughts on our current first team squad and who you thought would be good enough to step up SHOULD we achieve promotion.

My thoughts below  -

Prem Quality - Think they will / or have previously made the step up

Hermansen

Faes

Justin

Doyle

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

Ndidi

Mavididi 

Fatawu 

Vardy

Nacho

High end Championship level player - not sure if they can step up / Past it

Coady

Souttar

Vestergaard

Casadei

Choudhury

Praet

Daka

Akgun

McAteer

Stolarczyk

Youth prospects - To early to judge

Marcal

Cannon

Nelson

No good - Get Rid!

Ward

Smithies

Iversen

Albrighton

Edited by LFEFox23

A bunch of the players you've listed are out of contract, Ndidi, Vardy, Nacho, Vestergaard, Praet at least, possibly more without checking. 

Ndidi would be the one I would like tied down again, Vardy will go to the USA imo, Vestegaard has been immense but his lack of pace will be terminal in the Prem. Nacho and Praet would be no great loss based on their "contribution" this season. 

I'm not sure Mavididi or Fatawu are EPL quality, I think the majority of Mavididi's goals wouldn't have gone in against a EPL defence/keeper. Also players that previously performed in the EPL have gotten older so it's hard to say if they are still good enough, despite looking good against Championship teams. For example Vestergaard looks great, but you haven't included him, who is to say Ricardo, Ndidi or Justin would be able to perform to the same level in the EPL? There were certainly many poor performances across the whole team during 22/23.

1 minute ago, LFEFox23 said:

The man has my full respect for what he has done for us!!!

Can you honestly say you would give Marc a new contract and be part of a Premier league squad?

No but I’d put him in the championship section of your list. 
Cannon needs moving up at least one step, I’d also put Iversen in the high-end championship part, given his form with Preston and interest from Palace. Stolarczyk needs moving down one too. Unfortunately the goat probably ends up in the championship section as well. Daka is a Premier League player, as is Vestegaard. I think you need more sections, possibly a consideration of whether they can be used as a rotation or a starter in the Premier League.

Can see how you think but Albrighton can stay for as long as he wants. Immortal.

And IMO he’s just as good, if not better than JV, and think it’s a bit odd of you to put Vardy in the prem category (it’s something that someone who doesn’t watch the club a lot would do). Sure his numbers this season are good, but he’ll be 38, and even last season he only managed 3 goals (or something like that).

But both should have and deserve lifetime contracts at the KP 💙

The one's I'd question on there (assuming all out of contract players stayed);

Vardy: I don't think he can be considered a prem player anymore. absolute legend of the club but shouldn't be near first 11 next year (small cameos at best to cause havoc)

Coady & Souttar: These could make the grade next year (although i doubt Souttar will be here), Coady definitely has the ability, and I think Souttar has been hard done by this year.

Daka: There is a player there, we all know it, but probably not suited to the football we play, hence won't be as effective

Mavididi: He's impressing me more and more as the season goes on, but I still think he has a bit more to go before he can be considered prem quality. not to say i don't think he'll get there eventually

Cannon: can probably go into the champ players section. he proved himself last year at Preston. 

• Like 1

I think Stephy could carve out a career like Wilf Zaha if he wants to. Looks more than capable but I think we’ll slowly see a move away from flicks and tricks and more focus on his pace and power. 

• Like 1

No way we can conclusively say Faes is PL quality. Neither is KDH. Maybe as squad players coming off the bench but definitely not as starters. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, niyaminski said:

Can see how you think but Albrighton can stay for as long as he wants. Immortal.

And IMO he’s just as good, if not better than JV, and think it’s a bit odd of you to put Vardy in the prem category (it’s something that someone who doesn’t watch the club a lot would do). Sure his numbers this season are good, but he’ll be 38, and even last season he only managed 3 goals (or something like that).

But both should have and deserve lifetime contracts at the KP 💙

Albrighton is better than Vardy? Come on. Have a day off. That something that someone would say that doesn’t watch the club a lot. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

As others have said, no idea how you can say Vardy is good enough but Marc Albrighton isn't.

Neither are prem starters any more; I think I'd be less worried by Albrighton on the team sheet, though.

I think Vardy can offer us one more season in the prem, not as a starter but impact sub... His experience could be crucial.

Don't think people realise how much influence JV has on and off the pitch.

• Like 2

I suppose its how you define prem quality? Are most of these good enough for the top 10? Probably not. Are they as good as or better than the absolute dog muck that the bottom half has in their squads. Probably yes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I think Vardy can offer us one more season in the prem, not as a starter but impact sub... His experience could be crucial.

Don't think people realise how much influence JV has on and off the pitch.

Not on 100K a week though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

He's in the right place in his list though, sentiment aside 

I don’t think he is, he’s shown he can perform in the championship this season, so he should be in that category. He certainly isn’t ‘no good’.

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I don’t think he is, he’s shown he can perform in the championship this season, so he should be in that category. He certainly isn’t ‘no good’.

The poster stated IF WE GO UP. 

If we are a premier league team next season we shouldn't have Albrighton on our books, it's an emotional decision. I love the bloke like the next LCFC fan, but there is no reason to keep him, he just isn't good enough. 

Some people would still want Steve Walsh on the books 

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The poster stated IF WE GO UP. 

If we are a premier league team next season we shouldn't have Albrighton on our books, it's an emotional decision. I love the bloke like the next LCFC fan, but there is no reason to keep him, he just isn't good enough. 

Some people would still want Steve Walsh on the books 

Yes I don’t want him here next season but the poster has categorised players as being of Premier League standard, Championship, young prospects and simply no good. I believe Albrighton to be of championship standard.