Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LFEFox23

Season 24/25

10 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Hi All, 

I don't want to look to far ahead YET.... But wanted your thoughts on our current first team squad and who you thought would be good enough to step up SHOULD we achieve promotion.

My thoughts below  -

Prem Quality - Think they will / or have previously made the step up

Hermansen

Faes

Justin

Doyle

Ricardo

Winks

KDH

Ndidi..      injury baggage could through up availability..love the guy though.

Mavididi 

Fatawu 

Vardy

Nacho……….Still on proof alley

Albrighton… nothing to prove

Choudhury..nothing to prove.
Mcateer.?……Done enough to open his credit next season

Vestergaard…Will again suprise many,but this time few.

High end Championship level player - not sure if they can step up / Past it

Coady…….our /Enzo story sort of jumped over him.

Souttar……Needs gametime ,to show what he has..If needed keep him

Casadei….19 yrs of age FFs..plenty of time. Here or at Chelsea

Praet……….Too much smoke within FT.No idea what’s happening. PL player

Daka……..We will see..!

Akgun…….We can still be patient and wait

Stolarczyk..FFs let the youngman start his high potential career

Youth prospects - To early to judge

Marcal

Cannon

Nelson

No good - Get Rid!

Ward

Smithies

Iversen.. deffo a PL Gk, but must find another club.

not one outward player.Though anybody comes along better,

or quality scouted…Players will be moved on..

Maybe January might kick things off ( or not)

Easter time, will put fans feelings on a better kiel for better opinions.

Club /Enzo might decide through the summer…

unless January can answer questions

Loans ,& Academy will influence much of the descision making…

Plus who comes along ready & available..

7 hours ago, niyaminski said:

Albrighton aged 34 vs Vards aged 38 for a full 90 in the prem? I know who I’m picking..

It depends on scenario but all I’m saying is Albrighton shouldn’t be in the ‘rubbish - get rid’ category when Vardy’s in the ‘Premier League quality’ category, neglecting the fact that Sharky has ‘made the step up’ before.

Albrighton can’t even get in our championship starting eleven…. 

13 hours ago, danny. said:

I'm not sure Mavididi or Fatawu are EPL quality, I think the majority of Mavididi's goals wouldn't have gone in against a EPL defence/keeper. Also players that previously performed in the EPL have gotten older so it's hard to say if they are still good enough, despite looking good against Championship teams. For example Vestergaard looks great, but you haven't included him, who is to say Ricardo, Ndidi or Justin would be able to perform to the same level in the EPL? There were certainly many poor performances across the whole team during 22/23.

well if Mavididi and Fatawu are not epl standard then we will be straight back down  (if we get promoted), personally think they have been great alongside winks and kdh.

13 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I'm more worried about whether this style of play will work in the prem. I know i'm probably gonna get shot to bits saying it with the enzo love in that's going on, but we are not man city. I do worry whether this team even with additions are going to be able to make this style of football work at that level.

Especially with how poor Burnley have been up in the prem this season. I still think we'd do okay if we went up and I have all the love in the world for how Enzo has us going this year - but with how they absolutely torched the champo last year compared to the struggles they find themselves with now (albeit with what in my opinion is a worse squad than ours) it shows how quickly the wheels can fall off if it's not going right. 

10 hours ago, lcfc old boy said:

well if Mavididi and Fatawu are not epl standard then we will be straight back down  (if we get promoted), personally think they have been great alongside winks and kdh.

They have been great. But which premier league teams have they played against whilst playing for us?

On 04/01/2024 at 10:52, danny. said:

I'm not sure Mavididi or Fatawu are EPL quality, I think the majority of Mavididi's goals wouldn't have gone in against a EPL defence/keeper. Also players that previously performed in the EPL have gotten older so it's hard to say if they are still good enough, despite looking good against Championship teams. For example Vestergaard looks great, but you haven't included him, who is to say Ricardo, Ndidi or Justin would be able to perform to the same level in the EPL? There were certainly many poor performances across the whole team during 22/23.

Fatawu is already better than any winger we had last season in terms of being an all round contributor to the team. Okay, we got relegated and he hasn't quite got the finishing ability of Barnes yet, but the boy is 19 and the way he creates chances and tracks back is verging on something special already. The stats support this.

Regardless, did you think Mahrez was going to become arguably the most in-demand winger in Europe based on his performances in the Championship?

Fatawu's ceiling is ridiculously high, he's already more than good enough to play in this side if we were in the EPL right now, and in theory he should get better every year for some time to come, including next year.

• Like 1

Could see our starting XI for the first game of 24/25 being something like:

Mads

Ricardo   New CB   Faes   Doyle

New 8/6      Winks     KDH

Fatawu          New ST         Mavididi

Coady, Cannon and Justin to play significant roles. I'm guessing Vardy, Nacho, Ndidi, Praet, Albrighton and possibly Vesty depart.

Along with the new players identified above, we need competition in midfield, at full back and on the wings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Could see our starting XI for the first game of 24/25 being something like:

Mads

Ricardo   New CB   Faes   Doyle

New 8/6      Winks     KDH

Fatawu          New ST         Mavididi

Coady, Cannon and Justin to play significant roles. I'm guessing Vardy, Nacho, Ndidi, Praet, Albrighton and possibly Vesty depart.

Along with the new players identified above, we need competition in midfield, at full back and on the wings.

I like it. Hopefully a big handsome bastard in the mould of Giroud, Graziano Pelle etc 

• Like 1

I feel like Doyle shouldn't be considered proven EPL quality, he may have a bit more movement than Vesty defensively but his on the ball ability isnt close.  Vesty is probably our only true ball playing defender ability wise but of course the concern is with him is his pace.  Faes and Justin are probably the only two clear EPL quality defenders we have with both Doyle and Vesty good enough to consider giving them a chance to see if it can be made to work.

We probably are going to have to compromise as the finances arent there to give Enzo a full EPL team season one.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 04/01/2024 at 13:05, Tommy G said:

The poster stated IF WE GO UP. 

If we are a premier league team next season we shouldn't have Albrighton on our books, it's an emotional decision. I love the bloke like the next LCFC fan, but there is no reason to keep him, he just isn't good enough. 

Some people would still want Steve Walsh on the books 

Unfortunately, that's also true of vardy at this stage of career. 

• Like 1

I think this current squad, if in the Premier League, would be sitting on around 25-22 points right now, which would get you 12th to 14th.

True, the lower half of the league this season lacks quality that might be upgraded with the promotions from the Championship this season.

But I’d be confident the core playing squad has the right mentality, alongside sufficient scope to develop further to compete.