Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Millwall (A) - FA Cup - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This reactionary, “player has bad game, get rid” attitude is just not helpful.

For one, having a constant turnover in a squad is not helpful for building relationships and wastes coaching time.

But two - it’s quite possible to have a performance that’s not fully reflective of a players true quality, for example when coming back from injury.

Case in point, people weren’t happy with Justin playing there when he started deputising for Doyle.

Sure, but the difference is I was never impressed when he was the main starter before his injury and always thought Justin had a higher ceiling (particularly as a full back which clearly isn't Doyle's natural position).

Also I've only ever said that about players we're blooding for other teams (I.e. Casadei & Doyle) as we have equal or better that are actually our players so unless we plan to keep them why bother.

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I wonder if Casadei is finally getting up to speed. He looks good today 

Could be a mentality thing. Knowing he has a good chance of a run in the team with wilf out maybe? 

Whereas before knowing it was always a cameo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Don’t think Vardy was a totally natural finisher, he worked really really hard at it from his mid-twenties and became one of the best.

I would agree with you. Cannon to me does look like a natural finisher. At the time of writing he missed a one on one, but even then the way he got onto it, set his body shape and wrapped his foot around the ball was all excellent, ultimately the keeper made a great save. Cannon's movement, instinct to be in the right place and instinctive snapshot / decision-making is very good. There are some strikers that just are seemingly born with composure and don't rush their decision at the most important moment. In his time at Preston and now in his small number of appearances here, it looks like we have a ruthless front-man.

There are lots of other areas that could do with improvement, but overall it makes a lot of sense why we've signed him. Finishing is the hardest thing to improve for a striker. Link-up play and positional awareness is easier, especially when you play inside a system like we do.

• Like 2

3-1 up, not got out of 2nd gear and Millwall have put everything into this. Then we decide to casually bring KDH off the bench. Well and truly taking the piss. Docked hmsptl whilst we take hmsptfac for a spin 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I wonder if Casadei is finally getting up to speed. He looks good today 

So many talk about the speed of the English football, but I think there is some validity to that.

It seems the Italian football is often played at a slower pace -- only picking up the speed when needed.  In England, it seems there is lots more speed used, more often.

Not surprised to see Casadei need a bit of time to get used to the speed of the game, even in the Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, lnkstern said:

So many talk about the speed of the English football, but I think there is some validity to that.

It seems the Italian football is often played at a slower pace -- only picking up the speed when needed.  In England, it seems there is lots more speed used, more often.

Not surprised to see Casadei need a bit of time to get used to the speed of the game, even in the Championship.

Though he did play for Reading in the Championship last season 

• Like 2