Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 3-2 Millwall - FA Cup - Post Match Thread

I think Everton have dropped a serious bollock selling Cannon and were clearly trying to balance the books. 

He's worth way more than £7.5m if initial signs are anything to go by. Can score all sorts of goals, makes good runs and puts himself about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd like a lower league team in the next round, Prem tests can wait. That would enable us to utilise the squad players more, as we did today and, if the likes of Alves and Braybrooke are back, give them game time too.

Thing is, there’s not really all that many lower league teams left. 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We will have our kegs pulled down in far more ways than set pieces from August onward if the current pattern of play persists. We give up a decent number of chances from open play and are very casual at the back with the ball. It does not get highlighted because the standard in this league is shocking.

We also create huge numbers of chances and do not score enough of them, again not highlighted because we win every week and it does not matter.

I am not Pat Nevin so have not got an armoury of stats to back that up before anyone chimes in. Our xG might well be lower than our actual number of goals. If so, fair enough.

You are concentrating on the issue most blatant on front of your eyes, when there appears to me to be far more pressing issues to resolve.

We have started to let teams have more and more chances against us but we are also now creating more ourselves too. I wonder if that's a natural trade off or if we have got a bit weaker defensively? I'd be interested to see a team who prevents the opposition having a sniff and creates what we do, if it's even possible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maidstone Utd, do it for The People's Hero.

Would be lovely. We’d all have to take tents and have a FT camp over. 

• Haha 2

We scored a few very nice goals but I’m happiest with the heart some of the youngsters showed. For me, the problems today (set pieces, leaving massive gaps in the midfield for Millwall to sail through when they won the ball back) was more about positional awareness and I can’t blame a team with that many changes for not always being the most cohesive unit.

I know Millwall fans were telling themselves it was a “boring” tie when they drew us but f me, I didn’t believe they’d believe their support would be so vapid until I saw the game and read some comments from folks in the away end. Not that this is my problem, but I feel like Millwall (their team at least) has been getting up for the Cup even in poor seasons for the last 20 years so I thought today would have been something to get up and shout about (or at least get down to The Den?)… apparently not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

From the first half at least they had 2 1 on 1s with our keeper, a free header from about 8 yards out and 2 or 3 half chances in our box. That's not even counting the times they've had a player free and clean through and ignored by somebody.

Regardless of if the opponent takes those opportunities or not, we really shouldn't be gifting so many.

true, but that alone doesn't make them, as suggested, 'comfortably the better side'

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Stonewall penalty! 

A push in the back is a foul and a foul in the box should be a PK. It’s fine and dandy to consider it “soft” but that’s because it’s a soft push/foul and not because it would’ve been a soft call. If it had cost us the game (or a game that really meant something much more important to us), I’d have been fuming.

I didn't think it was a push, just a hand to his back - if that kind of minimal contact is given as a penalty we'll end up with basketball scores.  it was certainly far more innocuous than the shove on KDH the other day.

Left early and got kept in an alley for about 30-45 minutes after the game (whole fanbase who left after about 87 mins were kept), Met police are a joke, at least give us a prior warning. 

Upon asking about missing set time train home they just said it wasn’t their problem/fault :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

I think Everton have dropped a serious bollock selling Cannon and were clearly trying to balance the books. 

He's worth way more than £7.5m if initial signs are anything to go by. Can score all sorts of goals, makes good runs and puts himself about.

My Evertonian chum suggests that he was never a 'dyche' player, so surplus to requirements.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have started to let teams have more and more chances against us but we are also now creating more ourselves too. I wonder if that's a natural trade off or if we have got a bit weaker defensively? I'd be interested to see a team who prevents the opposition having a sniff and creates what we do, if it's even possible. 

Worth noting that we're also seeing far fewer teams parking the bus - unsurprising seeing as we beat all of those teams - as a result we're having our defence tested more, whilst giving us more space to attack.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Left early and got kept in an alley for about 30-45 minutes after the game (whole fanbase who left after about 87 mins were kept), Met police are a joke, at least give us a prior warning. 

Upon asking about missing set time train home they just said it wasn’t their problem/fault :rolleyes: 

Serves you right for leaving early tbh.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You have to say that without some seriously big buys at the back we will be ripped apart in the premier league 

our center half’s are seriously limited 

but I 100% trust Enzo to get the cash needed to improve that 

Enzo knows …. He knows we need to spend big to stay in league 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Would love us to go away from home and show a premier league side up at their own place. Fancy us more away from home too. 

aMiddle to bottom premier league side away. 

Agree with this. I'd like to see how the club stacks up vs a decent PL side.  Might add some more insight into where the club needs to strengthen for next season.  If given the chance, I think Enzo puts his best team out there.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

From the Millwall forum:

That will be the hardest game Leicester have had this season, we were the better team by far, this is a different Millwall team now the attacking intent is there for all to see.’

Jesus wept🙈

From my Millwall supporting mate. Your 2nd team is better than our 1st team.

Just got back home. Blinding day out. Little bit pissed but hey ho. Millwall support was absolutely pathetic.

Wembley Wembley we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to Wembley.

Edited to say the foul on Cannon is the clearest penalty you will see. Terrible decision from the ref made even worse that the linesman had a clear view of it and didn't flag.

Edited by Basildon Fox

5 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

From my Millwall supporting mate. Your 2nd team is better than our 1st team.

Just got back home. Blinding day out. Little bit pissed but hey ho. Millwall support was absolutely pathetic.

Wembley Wembley we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to Wembley.

merry christmas 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I didn't think it was a push, just a hand to his back - if that kind of minimal contact is given as a penalty we'll end up with basketball scores.  it was certainly far more innocuous than the shove on KDH the other day.

Look, we can tie ourselves up in semantics - “push”, “shove”, “minimal contact”, etc. (perhaps you can share a formula for what crosses the “minimal” threshold), but it was a case of a player intentionally reaching out and pushing an opposing player running with ball in the back inside the box, and until that’s legalized it’s a foul and hence should’ve been a penalty. Someone above said it’s a contact sports as if that translates to any and all contact being allowed. 

Anyway, what’s done is done (and thankfully we still ended up with the W), so we move on. :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

From the Millwall forum:

That will be the hardest game Leicester have had this season, we were the better team by far, this is a different Millwall team now the attacking intent is there for all to see.’

Jesus wept🙈

The only regular in the first XI was Ricardo with 22 Championship starts.

The other 10 players have 35 Championship starts between them this season.