Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

25 minutes ago, Adster said:

How?! I'm from Burbage/Hinckley and always saw Cov as the bigger rivalry!!

Not from Hinckley originally though; first grew up in Leicester and lived near Croft Hill  for most of my life at school etc - even though Croft is South Leics - it is Forest we despised more than anybody else 

• Like 1

This has got all the makings of a cracking game. It’s gonna be their cup final, most of us think they’re a bunch of plebs. We’ve got a few injuries which will close the gap in quality. Big away end and feels we’ve had a few good ones through end of last year and today. Really looking forward to it!

Anyone found anywhere for a pre-game pint (or 2!)? 💪🏻🍺🍺💙 🦊 

Edited by MalletFox

Leicester do have a history with Coventry that goes back to the 80s when we invaded the pitch at Highfields Road and took the home end. Obviously it all depends on which side of Leicestershire you live. I have lived in Highfields and now live in Stoney Stanton. I have always hated Coventry, no other team comes close, but I understand why Forest is some peoples main rivalry. Never been totally convinced by it though. 

Edited by Leicssmiths

11 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Bit worried about this one. Didn’t we have a bit of a wobble last time Ndidi was out with an injury?

Yes we did, but even during those games, Leeds aside it was gilt edged chances missed by Iheanacho vs Sunderland that we got away with but then away at Middlesborough paid the price.

I think we've evolved as a team better now, but it's still a huge blow.

I hope KDH is on it these next few games coming up. As others have said, giving off odd vibes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Think this will be tough against a team

that really want us to be their rivals - when most couldn’t care less.

Think a draw is ominous 

Your wrong, I hate Coventry more then any other club since the highfield rd days tbf, maybe it’s because I live in the south of Leicester, I also know a lot of city fans who detest them, not for a few years but I have always seen more trouble with both sets of fans in this fixture then any other (around the ground and away from the ground) yes cov hate us, but there is a large proportion of city fans that hate them, just like forest hate us to and pretend they don’t 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Cov are showing this game in their local cinemas, it's that big for them 😃

It really is their cup final. 

Hahahaaa which would be fine if they admitted that we are a major rival of theirs. But they claim we're not, whilst opening parts of the Ricoh not seen open since Bon Jovi and offering free pop and crisps for the bairns up the cinema with our game on.

It's wild.

• Like 4

Coventry are irrelevant, no different imo to playing Birmingham City or Aston Villa, yes it’s nice to beat the West Midlands teams but I don’t consider them to be major rivals.

I only hate Forest and Dierby.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
16 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not sure about that. Id say Cov are a bigger game then Forest for a lot of people in the south of Leicestershire

Yeah absolutely, geography plays a big part. Growing up there was like one Forest fan at school and I barely knew him but loads of Cov fans making up the bottom sets. 

The Forest style faux ambivalence towards them . There’s actually room for a pretty decent rivalry (or maybe there was, it feels a bit more like Kurt Zouma kicking his cat these days) - two clubs geographically close to each other and a third wheel of bigger rivalries. Forest and Derby may care more than they say they do but whether you like it or not, Forest-Derby is always going to be a lot bigger.

They'll probably be going to go out all guns blazing for the first 20 minutes or so, in particular.

It'll be important to contain this sort of 'adrenaline pressure', by keeping the ball as much as possible and keep them chasing for it - to eventually find a way through them and get good opportunities.

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think it’s simple:

Coventry hate Aston Villa who don’t care about them, but they also hate us.

We hate Coventry (a bit), but hate Forest more.

Forest hate us (a bit), but hate Derby much more.

Derby hate Forest, but also hate Leeds ( for some bizarre historic reason)

Leeds don’t care about Derby, but hate Manchester United (for some historic reason nobody remembers)

Manchester United don’t care about Leeds, but hate Liverpool.

Forest (rather laughably) also hate Liverpool as it makes them feel big in a way hating us doesn’t.

That brings it back to us 

Think this is fair

Tbh most Cov fans I know see us as their main rivals especially the younger ones

Villa don’t really like us either (always aggro off the pitch even at a low level when we play them)

Forest also have a “rivalry”with Sheffield United