Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

24 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Derby springs to mind and then Vardy/Nugent killed them 

I remember that. One of, if not, the most enjoyable and complete games I have watched from 0-90 mins after the 0-9.

Edit: that game was almost 10 years ago to the day wowee

Edited by Fox42

Cov are making this out to be bigger than the Sunderland v Newcastle game . I’ve only ever come across one of em before and that was 30 odd years ago in Mallorca . 
A rotund chap as I recall … 

27 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Playing down a rivalry when a large part of that making up games against Forest is just... nah. I get people from say Loughborough not being as bothered as someone from Hinckley but there is clearly something in this fixture. Football's odds are increasingly being shifted against the majority of fans, taking away needle in these games isn't for me.

Yh too right I live in Loughborough and forest for me is the big game I always want to win Cov I never really gave a shit abt especially since it’s been so long since we were in the same league as them it’s only now that I’m starting to not like them 

Silk mill in nuneaton is showing game speaking to the manager. Said hes expecting a few in to watch the game especially mixture of leicester and cov fans. Hes even gone far to hire doorman for this, said it kicked off last time in the bar. When Leicester equalised, out of nowhere punches started flying 🙄

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Silk mill in nuneaton is showing game speaking to the manager. Said hes expecting a few in to watch the game especially mixture of leicester and cov fans. Hes even gone far to hire doorman for this, said it kicked off last time in the bar. When Leicester equalised, out of nowhere punches started flying 🙄

Shouldn't you always have a doorman on if you have a bar in Nuneaton?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Isn't that just standard behaviour for Nuneaton?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I really don’t get why some of our fans don’t embrace this fixture. 

Don’t worry about them, there are plenty of us that do!! A lot like to pretend and play the “we ain’t bothered about you” game like  forest and derby do to us! Everybody has there odd fetish 🤣🤣

Edited by Joe90lcfc

59 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anyone who would take a draw is responsible for the Rodgers sympathies all last season. 

The context is that we’re thirteen points ahead of 3rd, playing away, to a team currently in good form who will probably approach this fixture like a cup tie. 

I don’t  want to ‘take’ a draw as I really want to win the game, but it wouldn’t be the worst result if that was the outcome. It’s a very winnable game, as we are a better side than them, but we still have quite a few infinitely more winnable fixtures to come 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Guess work but I bet the Lancashire clubs don’t get as pissy as the East Midlands clubs do with it. Sure they will have enemy number 1 but also happily an enemy number 2 too and won’t down play it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

To be fair some of our fans wouldn't embrace the champions league final if we were in that. 

Some probably think we are above that too. 

It's a massive game even if you don't see it as a rivalry. They are an in form team and if we beat them it sends yet another message to our closest rivals in the league.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Guess work but I bet the Lancashire clubs don’t get as pissy as the East Midlands clubs do with it. Sure they will have enemy number 1 but also happily an enemy number 2 too and won’t down play it.

I've lived up there and my in-laws support a Lanxashire club. I can confirm this is correct.

The idea that you're only allowed one rival in the whole world - as long as they agree with you about that too! - is indeed exclusively a Derby & Forest thing.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

The context is that we’re thirteen points ahead of 3rd, playing away, to a team currently in good form who will probably approach this fixture like a cup tie. 

I don’t  want to ‘take’ a draw as I really want to win the game, but it wouldn’t be the worst result if that was the outcome. It’s a very winnable game, as we are a better side than them, but we still have quite a few infinitely more winnable fixtures to come 

We should be going out looking to win every single game. We're so superior to anything the leagues seen, it's not even close. 

Looking for draws here is loser mentality. Win it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We should be going out looking to win every single game. We're so superior to anything the leagues seen, it's not even close. 

Looking for draws here is loser mentality. Win it. 

Yes I don’t disagree with that. 

I suppose reflecting upon a draw as a decent result could be confined to the “Post Match” thread should it happen. We’ve proven after 26 games that we’re currently the best team is this division