Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I love how on their forum they think villages like ‘Willoughby Waterleys’ and ‘Husbands Bosworth’ are hilarious names and that everyone there walks round with a top hat on. 😂 Literally standard countryside villages whos name ive never given a second thought to. For those mongos its like discovering fire

Funny really cos yeah they are nice places. 

However the Coventry side of Warwickshire contains a number of towns and villages which are utter shit. Anyone with any money gets themselves off to Leamington pronto which is dominated by Villa fans 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It has the ingredients for one of those LCFC crumbles. 

Local game 

Big away support 

Favourites to win 

Had some dire performances in recent memory with that sort of thing. 

Maresca to erase the demons caused by Brendan at Forest (twice).

Although he often managed to do over Villa away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Local game 

Big away support 

Favourites to win 

It's the tough games where playing to - and absolute belief in - a system really comes in handy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Local game 

Big away support 

Favourites to win 

Not to mention a 12:30 kick off live on Sky Sports. 

• Like 1

We might not play them again for awhile…

We & and they should enjoy the day out…

Lets welcome our neighbours…

We could inform of our pre-match watering holes,

have a good Lunch time ,before match…

Then  welcome them back after the game,for an

early tea…compare Balti pies,or a decent goodbye spread…

Tell them we are sorry after we whup them 5-1,that we are

very sad that we won’t be playing «  Good neighbours »

over the next few seasons…because we find them to be

quite decent salt of the earth fans like us…

THEN treating their turf has our own,  with a wave tell them It was a pleasure to have met them,but

we must part our ways,building up to party with A.Villa & Forest

fans, while these 2 have beers that are far better than those found in Coventry.

See one can be so friendly if we really try..:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

16 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This. It’s Forest behaviour.

Local derbies are the best thing about football, why are we trying to play it down? 

Particularly when we're hardly in a position of strength on this topic as well.

16 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It really is a terrible ground when you think about the simple logistic things that make going the game enjoyable. Miles outside of the city centre, no pubs, flat pack ground, silly ticket pricing. You could easily make the case that it's the worst in the football league for fans. 

It's awful. I wouldn't be bothering if they weren't a rival. Think West Ham is about the only one worse I can think of.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I grew up in Wigston. I didn't know a single Forest, Coventry or Derby fan growing up. 

Sure. Games against Forest are definately emphasised for me because of a selection of friends who are Forest fans. Certainly adds to "rivalry" for me. I accept that is a personal thing for me and can/will be different for others. 

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not understanding why I'm seeing so many cov fans on twitter seem to think the atmosphere at their place is going to be something we've never seen before

Haha. Copenhagen? Nah. Warsaw? Forget about it. Roma? Don't be silly. 

Warwickshire is the true epicentre of global football atmosphere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not understanding why I'm seeing so many cov fans on twitter seem to think the atmosphere at their place is going to be something we've never seen before

poor souls they are, can hype it up all they like, doubt it will even come close to some of the atmosphere we've had at the KP during the prem winning season or the champions league night

amount on social media they are going on, it does feel like its their cup final in a way, wonder if theyll have a bus parade if they win

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Particularly when we're hardly in a position of strength on this topic as well.

But that's half the fun.. When on top.. Crow, when lagging behind, biting at the heels using old wadding has ammunition. 

2-2 draw. Coventry in really good form and Robins knows how to set up compact and counter well. These and Leeds the toughest sides for us to face.

The usual 11, Casadei for Wilf.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's awful. I wouldn't be bothering if they weren't a rival. Think West Ham is about the only one worse I can think of.

Though in many citiies/areas needed, The day they first started building those new stadiums,still missing a central meet, & decent food and drink like on the continent, "they"  failed massively serving socially the local community.. 

Small Malls, with various food offers & shared seating.. Sport orientated shops, small football paraphanalia kiosks and small  TV-ROOMS on clubs history. Algamating Fox-hub type of panels and past highlights.. Running under the concourse & around the ground. Using the full GameDay whether w. end or Weekday. Plus prepared for home supporters to watch

the away game.. Add one maybe 2 open days, when no game is being played. Great time for tours experience. Again decent prices.. Plus under the guise from VAR, a refs room explaining the rules of he game per video training

I mean ffs.. It's fking pathetic after all these years.. The owners, Top successfull businessmen/women to boot can't get this organized has a shared business filiales. What an opportunity that has been left begging for years.. 

A family, mates, son & Dad full day out experience for both home and away fans.. Don't have fans hanging around the town looking for something to do,

Like the old circus, roll them in around the happening, but with better facilities and amenities.. I mean again for ffs, we see exhibitions do it.. There you see sell some day  space for exhibitions of retail businesses, so fans can look at

cars, antique road show, holiday tips, DIY tips.. 

Why we are not so far, I really don't know, plus it would help with those boisterous or hooligan moments within the cities, where normal non football fans can get on with their lives. 

It still wouldn't prevent fans( or wives) visiting the city..