Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

Everyone has their own personal reason for hating a specific rival more than another. As a London born and bred Leicester fan I don’t have any of the local feeling that most of you have. But I feel this more than when we play Bristol City for example. I do recall coming home on the train from Leicester after seeing us lose and meeting a bunch of Forest fans who gave us a hard time after they had won. That has led to me hating them more than Derby and Cov. 

As a ‘far’ flung fox, Cov seem a bit irrelevant to me 😂

Edited by Jakemoore

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Everyone has their own personal reason for hating a specific rival more than another. As a London born and bred Leicester fan I don’t have any of the local feeling that most of you have. But I feel this more than when we play Bristol City for example. I do recall coming home on the train from Leicester after seeing us lose and meeting a bunch of Forest fans who gave us a hard time after they had won. That has led to me hating them more than Derby and Cov. 

As a ‘far’ flung fox, Cov seem a bit irrelevant to me 😂

Same for me, after living 54 years in the Watford area my dislike is aimed at that particular team, can’t say why just dislike the whole area. Should have got out earlier I guess…..my bad 🤷‍♂️

My sister just messaged me and I’ve just been invited to a goulash party on Saturday… (I’m working away)

i just had a flashback…. I was at this ‘goulash party’ in January ‘23…. I found a tv and was able to watch us get beat by Forest 2-0

its a sign!  I’m nervous 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Going further back, Forest in the Micky Adams promotion season, when we were 15 points ahead and beat them at home to go 18 points ahead (tricky Trev scored I think) 

Ooh Tommy Wright (the academy lad) 1-0

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Am i right in thinking we aint lost at cov since 2008.

That is right but we have only played them 3 times since then so it's pointless really.

None of this nonsense trying to make up false rivalries with the likes of West Brom & Villa.

This Is a proper one.

Will be a very tough game, and I've not forgotten how fortunate we were for home result where they should have been out of sight by half time.

A lots changed with both teams since that game, but we still have the same vulnerabilities.

18 hours ago, Smiffy Fox said:

For anyone driving, I’ve just seen that the road from the stadium to the M6 J3 will be closed from 13:30 until 15:00. 

With it being a 12:30 kick off, shouldn't cause an issue.

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

My sister just messaged me and I’ve just been invited to a goulash party on Saturday… (I’m working away)

i just had a flashback…. I was at this ‘goulash party’ in January ‘23…. I found a tv and was able to watch us get beat by Forest 2-0

its a sign!  I’m nervous 

A sign to **** this party right off! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

None of this nonsense trying to make up false rivalries with the likes of West Brom & Villa.

This Is a proper one.

Will be a very tough game, and I've not forgotten how fortunate we were for home result where they should have been out of sight by half time.

A lots changed with both teams since that game, but we still have the same vulnerabilities.

I think it was more just after half time. 

If we'd have been 3 down after an 70 minutes hour or so we couldn't have complained 

We were however, at the start of the Enzo revolution and they have lost their best player although one of their lads, the details of who it is I can't retain as I don't give a fuch, looks half decent. 

COYB - Pre Match nerves kicking in already 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

With it being a 12:30 kick off, shouldn't cause an issue.

Great if you’re on a coach as I believe it’s done to allow the coaches to leave as quickly as possible and also they don’t usually have over 30,000 fans to deal with. If you’re driving it will be gridlock if you’re trying to get back on the motorway. 

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

This Is a proper one.

Wasn't it us that should have been ahead at the break? They'd had a few chances but we had a 1 v 1 for McAteer that he missed. It was the 2nd half where they scored and then could have had a few more before we equalised. Then they had another great double chance from Wright (stunning save from Hermansen) and Godden missed the rebound.

We then won it and had a very good chance for a 3rd.

Anyway fcuk um.

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Easily our biggest game for the last 20 years to be fair, way bigger than Seville or Atletico Madrid, much bigger than the FA Cup final, Man City away when we won the league. Much bigger than any game to get into the champions league, cup semi finals or anything else that’s happened to us.

This is a Saturday morning in Coventry, this is what footballs all about!

How can I bothered about a tinpot club whose trophy cabinet made ours look like Real Madrid’s.

They used to say we’d never win the FA Cup but it has obviously annoyed them we have now.

Hiwever unlike @hackneyfox am surprised we’ve not had any of their fans goading us on here?

2 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

How can I bothered about a tinpot club whose trophy cabinet made ours look like Real Madrid’s.

They used to say we’d never win the FA Cup but it has obviously annoyed them we have now.

Hiwever unlike @hackneyfox am surprised we’ve not had any of their fans goading us on here?

That’s because they claim they don’t care (despite it being their biggest crowd ever this Saturday) whereas I absolutely despise the cnuts.*

Only happy when there’s two divisions between us. 

* Few exceptions to that, some decent posters on their board.

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Taken from the Cov Forum. 

I think we win this. Leicester's form has shown signs of dropping off recently, not particularly result wise but the ease of which they had been winning. i think we can match them easily so a good game that could swing on a mistake or a wonder goal that makes the difference.

We are top on the current form table. 

Playing 6, winning 5, drawing 1, losing 0. Goals got 16. Goals against 6. 

Erm okay? 

Another 🤡

This is Leicester’s biggest game of the season, probably their past 20 years, so their players/fans will be well up for it.

They have some decent players for this level and their fans will be right behind them. They shouldn’t be underestimated just because we’re Coventry City.

Clearly a wind-up as they know we read their forum. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

Just caught this on Twitter.

So ungrateful when we're helping them sell their home areas lol

GDgPt_VXIAAJvr1.jpg

Someone booked tickets with their actual name that's listed as a season ticket holder at Leicester?

You have to commend the sheer front if nothing else.

• Haha 2