Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

5 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

FFS. First in the league in record breaking fashion and people are seriously saying they'd take a draw against the team in *checks notes* 8th positionlol

Tbf I think, or like to think, those saying 'take a draw' are saying it because they just don't want to lose to them. Not that they don't think we're more than capable of battering them, even with them being in good form and at home. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Good result probably wrong phase but if I was offered it I would take it. 

If we are 1 nil down in the 89th minute with 3 mins injury time remaining, ONLY then would I take / be happy for a draw, against these.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Tbf I think, or like to think, those saying 'take a draw' are saying it because they just don't want to lose to them. Not that they don't think we're more than capable of battering them, even with them being in good form and at home. 

Yeah. I’d have to go into hiding if we lost basically. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

If we are 1 nil down in the 89th minute with 3 mins injury time remaining, ONLY then would I take / be happy for a draw, against these.

As I say I see them as a team bang in form and scoring goals, while also this being their big game clearly from their fans perspective. Then again I see the other side of the argument. I guess I’m thinking more with the heart.

• Like 1

Tbf, i understand not wanting to lose aspect but after them two shitshows at F***st away the last two times we've been there, i desperately want to see us hand out a pasting to one of our "rivals" on their turf.

• Like 3

Just now, Trekerz said:

Tbf, i understand not wanting to lose aspect but after them two shitshows at F***st away the last two times we've been there, i desperately want to see us hand out a pasting to one of our "rivals" on their turf.

But that's the thing, everyone who says take a draw would still sooner us win anyway.

6 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

I totally agree. Don’t get me wrong I won’t be jumping up and down at a draw, but I also won’t be too down. Again though depends on circumstances- if it’s a draw like Ipswich away I will be raging but if it’s a fair no late nightmares game I’ll be more of ‘meh let’s move on a point away better than none’

Call me a pessimist but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one, it's all set up for it. We're due a bad result after a cracking run, got the Manager of the Month curse to contend with and Ndidi out. Not far off the biggest game in their history and they'll be really up for it, I can see us getting caught cold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Call me a pessimist but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one, it's all set up for it. We're due a bad result after a cracking run, got the Manager of the Month curse to contend with and Ndidi out. Not far off the biggest game in their history and they'll be really up for it, I can see us getting caught cold.

Well I’ve been trumped.

• Haha 4

I wont be happy with anything short of three points.

We have won 21 of our 26 games. They've only won 9 of their 26 games. They have drawn 10 games and lost 7.

They are sat 8th in a pretty poor league. 

Not to mention, stats & facts aside, their fanbase mock our arrogance and confidence, I think a convincing win will put them back in their box. 

A points better than no points, but equally I'd take Chlamydia over ghonnoria. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They've literally won an FA cup before. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

They've literally won an FA cup before. 

Best part of 37 years ago - no one gives a fvck now.

Plus, it's Coventry..Even the FA would erase them out of the history books if they could.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

They are bang in form and after missing about 4 or 5 golden chances against us on the opening day they have found their shooting boots.

hate them as much as anyone else on here but think a draw would be a good result. 

Their home form is somewhat mediocre though - drawn 3 during this upturn in form.

We should be beating these as we should 95% of the league. The quality at our disposal far outweighs Coventry and most of this league, even with the Championship Yaya Toure out.

They outplayed us the majority of the game at our place and if they could finish would have been fully deserving of the 3 or 4 goals they'd have bagged.  This is an excellent opportunity for us to show just how far we've come in 4/5 months. I don't just expect us to win, I expect us to go there and make a statement.

1 hour ago, Trekerz said:

FFS. First in the league in record breaking fashion and people are seriously saying they'd take a draw against the team in *checks notes* 8th positionlol

*checks notes* lollol ..sublime

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We should be beating these as we should 95% of the league. The quality at our disposal far outweighs Coventry and most of this league, even with the Championship Yaya Toure out.

They outplayed us the majority of the game at our place and if they could finish would have been fully deserving of the 3 or 4 goals they'd have bagged.  This is an excellent opportunity for us to show just how far we've come in 4/5 months. I don't just expect us to win, I expect us to go there and make a statement.

Who’s the 5% we shouldn’t ? 😀

13 hours ago, Md9 said:

Please just go 3-0 up in the first half hour to shut these fools up. I want an cannon hat trick and have the whole team do a mavadidi and sit in their stands like he did against brum after scoring. 

There was a game against them when we were awful a couple of seasons before league 1 that we were 3 up at half time. They started going wild because birch was taking the piss on the mic. Glorious. 

• Like 1