Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

"Form team Coventry" have less points than us over the past 5 games, past 10 games, past 15 etc... probably last whatever number you can possibly enter to be honest.

Over the last 10 games they are even 4 points better off than the mighty Leeds, which must make them unbelievable quality.

image.png.7f9ff028c59016adfcb297427df335a3.png

I know some people have a foreboding feeling, but we’re also due to absolutely paste somebody and if everything clicks, the wingers get space, Cannon carries on his form then we’re going to be very dangerous, like nothing they’ve faced in this ‘best form in the league’ run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Over the last 10 games they are even 4 points better off than the mighty Leeds, which must make them unbelievable quality.

image.png.7f9ff028c59016adfcb297427df335a3.png

Sheffield Wednesday 6th on this is a great effort from Rohl given what he inherited and they'd have probably stayed up if they went for him in the summer over Munoz (like they were close to doing).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sheffield Wednesday 6th on this is a great effort from Rohl given what he inherited and they'd have probably stayed up if they went for him in the summer over Munoz (like they were close to doing).

They'll stay up from here anyway surely? 3 points behind with 20 games left. Can see a few of the teams above them turning it round with their own new appointments and pulling away like Stoke, but Huddersfield for one are doggo and Plymouth aren't far clear despite everyone thinking they've done well for their weight so far.

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know some people have a foreboding feeling, but we’re also due to absolutely paste somebody and if everything clicks, the wingers get space, Cannon carries on his form then we’re going to be very dangerous, like nothing they’ve faced in this ‘best form in the league’ run. 

Whats interesting to me is that for the first time in a while, a lot of key players will be well rested. KDH has only played 20 minutes this year. The Wingers and Winks haven't played since New Years Day. They should all come out fired up. 

20 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Haji Wright is out injured for 4 weeks apparently – one of their best players, if not their best?

Where have you seen this?

Yeah he's a great player, strong and powerful wide forward. 

On 09/01/2024 at 16:26, worth_the_wait said:

They're at home, and really want to beat us.     We really don't want to lose to them.  

So a draw would be ok ... keep us at least 11 points ahead of 3rd place, 38 points ahead of Cov, and keep them at least 3 points outside of the playoff zone.

Obviously a win would be nice ....................

"Only" the 28 points ahead of them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87fox said:

Haji Wright is out injured for 4 weeks apparently – one of their best players, if not their best?

He's definitely not their best player. That would either be O'Hare or Sakamoto.

Please Wright is missing though. He shit but would have 100% bagged tomorrow.

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Cov

Eriksson news?

“It’s very sad. It’s always sad, it doesn’t matter who is the person. Hopefully he can enjoy the time he has, even if it’s difficult.”

Transfers?

“I always said the same. When you are strong and can get stronger, it’s better. The only thing I can say about Sensi is that I know him and he’s a player I really like. We are not allowed to do something. We have to sell to do something.”

Ward to Sheff Utd?

“We’ll see.”

Difference since opening day v Coventry?

“When you have time to work with a team, you always try to improve. We have improved in many things but there are many more things to improve. It was six months ago, so it’s normal the team is getting better.”

Robins?

“He is already there for many years. He did a fantastic job last year. They are on the same path as last year, struggling at the start and now doing fantastic.”

Mood in the squad?

“Results always help the players. Since we have started, we have been in a good mood. We have still three or four months to continue in this way.”

Promotion?

“We are just aware of Coventry tomorrow. We are now in January. To think about April or May is too far. We are happy for the fans after the bad moment of relegation last season. We are happy they are enjoying the way we play. We hope to give them the big joy at the end of the season.”

Cannon?

“Hopefully he can take another 25% of Jamie. Last time I said 50%, hopefully he can have another 25%! Hopefully he can score more goals with us.”

Vardy?

“He’s better, he starts to train with us. He won’t be in the squad for tomorrow.”

Other injuries?

“Kasey is back and Dennis is back. Jamie and Kele are still out.”

Close to sales?

“If we are close? No.”

Maybe no business?

“It can happen that we are not going to do any players out or in.”

• Thanks 1

I'm genuinely curious on us needing to sell first. Are we on the line that much? 

Or are we extremely cautious, following the chatter and punishment to Everton?

Can also see the EFL wanting to get anything on us.

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm genuinely curious on us needing to sell first. Are we on the line that much? 

Or are we extremely cautious, following the chatter and punishment to Everton?

Can also see the EFL wanting to get anything on us.

We've got by far the biggest wage bill in this league and far too many duffers hanging around. 

I'd be gobsmacked if we pay out for anyone without movement the other way. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's definitely not their best player. That would either be O'Hare or Sakamoto.

Please Wright is missing though. He shit but would have 100% bagged tomorrow.

Nah he's important to them. In his last four games, he's scored twice and made three assists. 

O'Hare is defo their best player. 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nah he's important to them. In his last four games, he's scored twice and made three assists. 

O'Hare is defo their best player. 

O'Hare is a creative player, from the games I've seen he floats around into those pockets and tries to make things happen. 

Their biggest threat, not including Wright, will be the little Japanese winger Sakamoto. He's been in great form alongside Wright.