Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm genuinely curious on us needing to sell first. Are we on the line that much? 

Or are we extremely cautious, following the chatter and punishment to Everton?

Can also see the EFL wanting to get anything on us.

We’ve never seemed to do a lot in January with these owners. Sometimes it can be very frustrating when it’s obvious we need something. They were probably forced to try last season given the position we were in. 

It can be quite annoying, but this season you could make an argument for not disrupting what we’ve got. As fans we’re always greedy and an extra midfielder to cover Ndidi would be nice. Personally that’s all I’d want as long as we got someone who improved the squad rather than just fill it. 

We’ve got the best midfield in the league at full strength, but now we’ve lost Ndidi I fear an injury to Winks or KDH. 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

We’ve never seemed to do a lot in January with these owners. Sometimes it can be very frustrating when it’s obvious we need something. They were probably forced to try last season given the position we were in. 

It can be quite annoying, but this season you could make an argument for not disrupting what we’ve got. As fans we’re always greedy and an extra midfielder to cover Ndidi would be nice. Personally that’s all I’d want as long as we got someone who improved the squad rather than just fill it. 

We’ve got the best midfield in the league at full strength, but now we’ve lost Ndidi I fear an injury to Winks or KDH. 

They have a wedding to pay for.

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Don't worry, Dennis is back. 

On 09/01/2024 at 17:36, Vardesque said:

Cov are making this out to be bigger than the Sunderland v Newcastle game . I’ve only ever come across one of em before and that was 30 odd years ago in Mallorca . 
A rotund chap as I recall … 

I know the one. Nice bloke fat bloke, nice and fat.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Mads

Ricardo

Faes

Vestergaard

JJ Doyle

Winks

Mavididi

KDH

Casadei Akgun

Fatawu

Cannon 

Would be surprised if it isn't the above with the amendments i made. I don't think Doyle is ready for this and JJ (imho) is the better defender and we need that tomorrow.  Unless he has an issue, pretty sure Casadei starts over Akgun. Akgun more likely to replace either one of the wingers or KDH.

On 09/01/2024 at 17:59, Dan LCFC said:

Playing down a rivalry when a large part of that making up games against Forest is just... nah. I get people from say Loughborough not being as bothered as someone from Hinckley but there is clearly something in this fixture. Football's odds are increasingly being shifted against the majority of fans, taking away needle in these games isn't for me.

I hear ya. Forest and Derby don't bother me as much but when I get there, the (local)derby type atmosphere takes over, and I need us to win.

Edited by gw_leics772

43 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tomorrow is proper football - which has been missing this season. We've barely had any jeopardy. Despite Enzo and the players' best efforts, I still only feel a tiny bit nearer to the club than how detached I felt at the start of last year (in generally, same shitty decisions off-pitch after initial improvements and still some massive arrogance from above the manager's head). 

We realistically have six games this season which have something a bit more riding on them - this is one of them. You live anywhere south of the county, you know how big this is. Which if you think how things like academies can work etc - it does actually have a bit of importance to the club as a whole. I am fairly comfortable that we have enough chuff to play this season in order to collect a final thirty points cos 95 should have us firmly home and hosed. 

I am a graduate of Cov Uni (part-time thankfully) and living/working in Brum, Cov fans were relatively common than to most. For the first time in a very long time, they are nearing parity with us - just like Forest two years ago. Like a cyclist on a ride chasing a leader, they can see us in front for once rather than a little dot in the distance. If you want to be the best, you've gotta see a pretender and beat them, remind them of what they are. The denials that this isn't a big game are a coping mechanism in case we lose, because it will hurt. That's football with jeopardy which goes back to my first point - a lot of games this season have lacked feeling that something bigger is on it. It's that yucky ****ing feeling which makes supporting a football club better than other hobbies. 

I personally think we've lacked a proper statement win all season - and when its got moments which are crucial we've backed down bar opening day against these. I don't like our record of taking big travelling support away - results are very patchy and atmospheres normally shit the bed full of half arsed folk. Knew it weren't gonna be a good day at City Ground two years ago when we had Danny Ward's family nearby us. 

Just show up Leicester - and if they have an ounce of Ipswich luck, we will take it on the chin but the likelihood is if we turn up, we turn them over 3-1 or 4-1. 

Wonder what this is a reference to? 

Also, statement wins - winning from losing position with not long left vs Cov on opening day? 4-1 battering of Southampton away? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Would be surprised if it isn't the above with the amendments i made. I don't think Doyle is ready for this and JJ (imho) is the better defender and we need that tomorrow.  Unless he has an issue, pretty sure Casadei starts over Akgun. Akgun more likely to replace either one of the wingers or KDH.

Has to be Justin for me. Sakamoto is in an absolute purple patch for them and he will be licking his lips facing a player who's played very little football in the last few months. On the ball Doyle looked every bit as good as before the injury, however, he is still quite clearly some way off 100%. A couple of times in transition and recovering he looked really laboured against Milwall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Cov

Transfers?

“I always said the same. When you are strong and can get stronger, it’s better. The only thing I can say about Sensi is that I know him and he’s a player I really like. We are not allowed to do something. We have to sell to do something.”

Wow he really name dropped Sensi there. I feel it's inevitable we get him now, be it now or in the summer.

I can see Praet playing some part tomorrow, he was excellent against Coventry in the first game of the season when he came on.

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wonder what this is a reference to? 

Also, statement wins - winning from losing position with not long left vs Cov on opening day? 4-1 battering of Southampton away? 

Errors by the club affecting the fans 

Continuation of ticketing closed shop

Continuation of profiteering when it comes to player signing sessions 

Very personal dislike of the Kungs playing at volume 120 post-match 

Near zero coverage of the Under 21s on social media

Still very little uniqueness at the stadium or links to local heritage 

And a coverage of stewarding which suggests major public disorder is about to occur 

Ruskin still remains in situ - still don't appear any the wiser when it comes to contracts for examples or ability to shift or willing to shift players on. A few bullseyes from Enzo and his relationship to agents withstanding. Still messy when it comes to the structure of the club at many levels. 

I did mention the Cov game - Southampton were in woeful form at the same time we played them. It just confirmed what Sunderland, Norwich and Gillingham had done to them in the opening months that were defensively disorganised. 

• Like 3

Mads

Hamza Vestergaard  Faes James 

Winks

Ricardo            KDH

Fatawu                                  Mavididi

Cannon 

COYB 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's definitely not their best player. That would either be O'Hare or Sakamoto.

Please Wright is missing though. He shit but would have 100% bagged tomorrow.

Would either or both of those two best players start for us? Or any of their players? I don't watch them so no idea. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow he really name dropped Sensi there. I feel it's inevitable we get him now, be it now or in the summer.

I would certainly take Enzo’s comments to have a statement of intent in them, but it’s worth noting that the reporter specifically mentioned Sensi’s name in his question so Maresca didn’t just bring this up on his own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Errors by the club affecting the fans 

Continuation of ticketing closed shop

Continuation of profiteering when it comes to player signing sessions 

Very personal dislike of the Kungs playing at volume 120 post-match 

Near zero coverage of the Under 21s on social media

Still very little uniqueness at the stadium or links to local heritage 

And a coverage of stewarding which suggests major public disorder is about to occur 

Ruskin still remains in situ - still don't appear any the wiser when it comes to contracts for examples or ability to shift or willing to shift players on. A few bullseyes from Enzo and his relationship to agents withstanding. Still messy when it comes to the structure of the club at many levels. 

I did mention the Cov game - Southampton were in woeful form at the same time we played them. It just confirmed what Sunderland, Norwich and Gillingham had done to them in the opening months that were defensively disorganised. 

Agree with everything but that last paragraph. It’s pretty irrelevant, we’re miles ahead of them for a reason, not because they had a patchy run in September.  

• Like 2

I think the team will be:

Mads

Ricky, Vesty, Faes, JJ

Winks

Butch, KDH

Fatawu, TC,  Mavididi

The only worry is whether Casadei can step up to Ndidi’s level - although he will carry a goal threat