Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

52 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I was mates with Gary mcAllister's son why he was player/manager at cov. He was the only fan of a local rival I knew as a kid. Always added abit extra for me with cov. Fwiw him his dad and late mother were unbelievable people. 

Was fortunate to spend a lot of time with both years ago, Gary an absolute gent to be around and super down to earth, was heartbreaking seeing him after he lost Denise again as you say was just a lovely lovely lady

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I know we jest but they've been badly let down in the run up to the game by a few of their fans. 

It pains me to say it but all of the C*v fans I've worked with over the years have all been pretty sound but a few of their brethren are lower than pond life and best ignored. 

Going back a number of years now, but I worked with some Cov fans too, and they gave a bit of banter, but were actually really sound. I also had the misfortune of working with alot from Nottingham too over the years, not least when i was  working on one of the new stands at Trent Bridge, and I can honestly say that I didn't come across one person from Nottinghan who wasn't an arrogant arsehole! 

Edited by smudger63
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

it is sad that they're using man power for shit like this rather than crimes that cause physical harm to people.

You'd be suprised how much staff & money goes into policing football.

There will be hundreds of officers today taken off their normal work to be solely on the football. I'd imagine Warwickshire police have probably had to pay for riot officers from neighbouring forces as well.

Same with horses, midlands forces don't have horses so have to pay for the services from another force. Think the closest is one of the Yorkshire forces.

Don't know if it's still the same, but the football club only pay the police when the police are required in the actual stadium. Probably explains why you see less police, but much more stewards in the ground now.

Probably changed, but that's how it used to be.

The Rugby have a lollipop lady and still get less trouble!

• Like 1

Just now, adejo92 said:

You'd be suprised how much staff & money goes into policing football.

There will be hundreds of officers today taken off their normal work to be solely on the football. I'd imagine Warwickshire police have probably had to pay for riot officers from neighbouring forces as well.

Same with horses, midlands forces don't have horses so have to pay for the services from another force. Think the closest is one of the Yorkshire forces.

Don't know if it's still the same, but the football club only pay the police when the police are required in the actual stadium. Probably explains why you see less police, but much more stewards in the ground now.

Probably changed, but that's how it used to be.

The Rugby have a lollipop lady and still get less trouble!

The worst of lot are the football ones.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

it is sad that they're using man power for shit like this rather than crimes that cause physical harm to people.

How long does it take a traffic police officer to drive to that bridge and remove it. It's hardly a massive use of resource.