Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

21 hours ago, MattFox said:

We never turn up at the city ground though, it’s a cursed stadium for us

much more confident about cov on the other hand

Is it though? Didn't we go up in the last minute a few years back there? 

Don't get the hate for Cov. There but for the grace of God could have gone us. Instead of Khun Vichai it could have been hedge funds, games in Northampton and eventually a stadium in the middle of nowhere. Their achievement in coming back from that deserves respect.

Forest is a different story. Would love to see the Shitty Ground burn down!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Good to see the excuse of it being a logistics issue getting to the Ricoh vanish once they become half not shit. Remember going when Waghorn bagged that half volley, and bar the bits near the away end it looked half empty.

and Kingys chip in a 1-1 the year after I think ... ah the yellow kit!

29 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Don't get the hate for Cov. There but for the grace of God could have gone us. Instead of Khun Vichai it could have been hedge funds, games in Northampton and eventually a stadium in the middle of nowhere. Their achievement in coming back from that deserves respect.

Yep. If anything it's easy to feel pity for the place*. Hard to hate them in that sense.

* Some nice villages and countryside once you get outside the city, but you can say the same about Leicester.

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I think it’s simple:

Coventry hate Aston Villa who don’t care about them, but they also hate us.

We hate Coventry (a bit), but hate Forest more.

Forest hate us (a bit), but hate Derby much more.

Derby hate Forest, but also hate Leeds ( for some bizarre historic reason)

Leeds don’t care about Derby, but hate Manchester United (for some historic reason nobody remembers)

Manchester United don’t care about Leeds, but hate Liverpool.

Forest (rather laughably) also hate Liverpool as it makes them feel big in a way hating us doesn’t.

That brings it back to us 

Imagine all the clubs fans hate around the country wanting them to disappear or whatever. End up with nobody to play.

7 minutes ago, midland_red said:

True....my bad. But still at the Shitty Ground, although I think it was our first win there for 20 years

40 years (league win that is). 😬

Edited by floz

On their forum saying that Florest and Direby don’t care about us .. yes they do.

Cov are just annoyed that we finally won the FA Cup when their fans said we wouldn’t- Shite City where most of it is prefab built because of WW2

Annoying thing is we always beat them and for once, law of averages will probably let them win this one, but still,  “Mind the Gap”

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

3 hours ago, midland_red said:

Cov fans were not nearly as gracious as this when City were in all sorts of trouble back in 2002. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, midland_red said:

We drew there in the 1961 cup semi final against Sheff Utd. Won the replay at St Andrews, Birmingham

Just looked that up. Wasn't aware it took 3 attempts, 1 at Elland Road too 👍

11 hours ago, Leicssmiths said:

Leicester do have a history with Coventry that goes back to the 80s when we invaded the pitch at Highfields Road and took the home end. Obviously it all depends on which side of Leicestershire you live. I have lived in Highfields and now live in Stoney Stanton. I have always hated Coventry, no other team comes close, but I understand why Forest is some peoples main rivalry. Never been totally convinced by it though. 

I remember the pich invasion but taking the home end?

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Have read on their website that Khun Vichai was very interested in buying Cov originally before us - no he wasn’t as Top started following us during the Boro Cup win of 1997 😂

They wouldn’t have bought Cov with their messy stadium ownership situation 

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I remember the pich invasion but taking the home end?

Always had more City fans on the West Terrace than Window Lickers in the 70's. They always had a block immediately behind the goal but were surrounded on both sides and down the front along the wall. We used to walk through their fans from one side to the other with City scarves on display. Just a dare for daft teenagers but managed to survive. 

7 hours ago, midland_red said:

I can remember the game in 02/03 season as a kid and how Coventry were singing about us going out of business and so on. 

Almost karma.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I can remember the game in 02/03 season as a kid and how Coventry were singing about us going out of business and so on. 

Almost karma.

Also when we went down in 2007/08 it could have been them as they lost at Charlton that day - they really are a nothing club; however prefer these to any of ‘the big six’

10 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Also when we went down in 2007/08 it could have been them as they lost at Charlton that day - they really are a nothing club; however prefer these to any of ‘the big six’

We all hate lesta. 

****ing ******.