Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

18 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

One of the more amusing things this season about playing Cov has been going to their forum in the build up to the games and watching @hackneyfoxon the wind up. 

They really do have some very unpleasant posters.  Their forum makes this place seem like the cradle of civilization by comparison.  

Guy on there claiming he'd genuinely take Cov's last decade of history over ours.

Can only assume the poor chap is the product of incest.  

Well they do throw cats in the bin over there.  Mind you when I deliver round Cov, their fans I meet are great people tbh so again their forum must just be full of muppets.

1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Well they do throw cats in the bin over there.  Mind you when I deliver round Cov, their fans I meet are great people tbh so again their forum must just be full of muppets.

Aye sure you're right, same probably goes for most fans.   Their forum is a particular cess pit though. 

7 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

i know some cov lads and they're all sound tbf. they did used to be bitter about us but i don't think that's the case as much since we won the league.

7 hours ago, floz said:

40 years (league win that is). 😬

Yeah must be league wins. I definitely remember being there for a win in the league cup in the 00’s as a kid. It was the game originally abandoned due to Clive Clarke collapsing. In the rearranged game, I think I recall us letting them walk the ball in for a 1-0 lead (they were 1-0 when the game was abandoned before) before we won 3-2 I think, maybe a Stephen Clemence goal….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Always had more City fans on the West Terrace than Window Lickers in the 70's. They always had a block immediately behind the goal but were surrounded on both sides and down the front along the wall. We used to walk through their fans from one side to the other with City scarves on display. Just a dare for daft teenagers but managed to survive. 

You’ll have clint van damme sputtering into his coco when he reads this.

Hes already claiming that we took a slapping.

They have such a strange fanbase. Definitely a higher % of muppets than us. 

Genuinely astonishing that they of all chant to us about interbreeding😂

The arrogance of some of them. Of all the sizeable clubs in the midlands their history is by far the worst. 

Last minute winner from us and a record crowd for them. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaaa which would be fine if they admitted that we are a major rival of theirs. But they claim we're not, whilst opening parts of the Ricoh not seen open since Bon Jovi and offering free pop and crisps for the bairns up the cinema with our game on.

It's wild.

In fairness if there's one thing I'll give these clowns it's that they don't try any of this boring bullshit like Forest and Derby do. They're a lot more honest about it, at least.

Coventry second for me behind Forest.

I can’t stand these. Before this season it was always forest but these lot are obsessed with us! Proper vile lot, hope we spank them. They’ve had terrible fans for years and the first time they have a bit of success on the pitch everyone of them turns back up. **** em 

• Like 3

I reckon this will be one of those high scoring games,with Leicester coming out on top,but Coventry pushing our Backline and asking some questions…We have found our rythme now,no matter who we slot in those ,before festive season,worrying vacancies,through International duties or injury…

I go for a 3-5, because our returning backbone players,will want to  cement that they are a presence in the team.

One thing I believe we will see through until  the end of season,is that small % of

consistent sloppiness and odd disjointed defending,

even when we seem to be coasting.Though I will over these next few games hope to see our coaches can get our set piece defending in better order..

I am also full of confidence,that the trio of Mavididi,Cannon,Fatawu,will stretch the opposition defences even more, & if Mcateer,Vardy,Akgun,Albrighton Etc can provide quality rotation and bench cover, I believe we will see more goals..

Nothing is won yet and despite my high optimism,,we will see some twists and turns in those points-buffer-zones.

We will not yet be taking comfortable walks in the park, there are quite a few more plaudits to be earnt and potential stamped & confirmed.   :scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Come on you blues! Excited for this one and hoping more than any other game this season we get the three points.

Tema pretty much picks itself now if no surprise injuries.

Hermansen 

Ricardo

Vestergaard 

Faes

JJ

Winks

KDH

Casadei

Fatawu

Cannon

Mavadidi 

Bench: Stolarczyk, Coady, Choudhury, Doyle, Yunus, Albrighton, Nelson, Marcal, Maswanhise 

- unless McAteer, Praet or Vardy are back fit.

They will come and attack, but if we can keep Wright quiet that should suit us.

I’m going confidently for a 4-2 win here, including a Cannon Hattrick.

7 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I can’t stand these. Before this season it was always forest but these lot are obsessed with us! Proper vile lot, hope we spank them. They’ve had terrible fans for years and the first time they have a bit of success on the pitch everyone of them turns back up. **** em 

Exactly. Keep hearing what great fans they've got. Every memory I have of going to Coventry is there being about 15,000 fans there for their biggest game.

• Haha 1

Interesting toss up between Casadei and Yunus for No8 spot. JJ/Ricardo and Doyle for LB spot. Othe than that I think it picks itself.

I'd go

Hermansen 

JJ Vestergaard Faes

Ricardo Winks

Fatawu Yunus KDH Mavididi

Cannon