Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Coventry Away

20 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I've got a sneaking suspicion he will drop KDH though and continue the Yunus/Casadei approach. Which may explain KDH's slight cob on on Saturday.

Hahahahaa no chance

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Exactly. Keep hearing what great fans they've got. Every memory I have of going to Coventry is there being about 15,000 fans there for their biggest game.

6000 of the 15000 were Leicester fans aswell 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

This will be tough.

I am glad Cannon has managed to bag a couple of goals, and some confidence because we we'll need to make the most of the chances that we will get. I think there will be chances in the game for both teams, and i can see there being a few goals, but i still see us coming away with at least a point, if not all three.

13 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Their forum is a strange read.

I'm glad I don't live South West Leicestershire and have to put up with that dribble regularly lol 

There's a lot of dribble in Coventry but at least you come home with clean car windows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I really don't understand our fans trying to play the 'we don't care about Cov, just another game' card. I'm already nervous about it. 

I'm not playing any card. I legitimately don't give a shit about Coventry. 

Growing up in North Leics I had no idea Coventry were even supposed to be our rivals until probably at least my late teens. Took going to uni in London with a Cov fan to realise they gave a shit about us and even then they care far more about other West Mids clubs than us as far as I could tell. 

Then we got stuck in the second tier with them, Forest had gone down (btw anyone ever notice they only started "not caring about Leicester" sometime in like their 57573637475th season in the League One wilderness), Villa in the Prem, suddenly Sky and everyone got to pump a narrative and find a "dErBy" for everyone to get pumped up and give a shit about. 

Honestly, any of the old crew give a shit about Coventry or it just a new thing? 

I care far more about us beating Leeds and Sunderland than Cov and that's just because those two have really weirdly annoying fanbases that think they're massive, not because I think it's any kind of rivalry. 

Edited by Finnegan

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm glad I don't live South West Leicestershire and have to put up with that dribble regularly lol 

It's what happens when you find your sister and mother (same person) attractive.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I really don't understand our fans trying to play the 'we don't care about Cov, just another game' card. I'm already nervous about it. 

This. It’s Forest behaviour.

Local derbies are the best thing about football, why are we trying to play it down? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Local derbies are the best thing about football, why are we trying to play it down? 

I guess not everyone necessarily agrees :) 

I can recognise it for what it is, but in life I cannot be doing with petty parochial stuff, so I suppose I have ended much the same with football.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Growing up in North Leics I had no idea Coventry were even supposed to be our rivals until probably at least my late teens. Took going to uni in London with a Cov fan to realise they gave a shit about us and even then they care far more about other West Mids clubs than us as far as I could tell. 

Then we got stuck in the second tier with them, Forest had gone down (btw anyone ever notice they only started "not caring about Leicester" sometime in like their 57573637475th season in the League One wilderness), Villa in the Prem, suddenly Sky and everyone got to pump a narrative and find a "dErBy" for everyone to get pumped up and give a shit about. 

Honestly, any of the old crew give a shit about Coventry or it just a new thing? 

I care far more about us beating Leeds and Sunderland than Cov and that's just because those two have really weirdly annoying fanbases that think they're massive, not because I think it's any kind of rivalry. 

Coventry have been a big rival of ours for decades but its very much dependent on the area you're from but it always seeps through once the game arrives. 

It really is a terrible ground when you think about the simple logistic things that make going the game enjoyable. Miles outside of the city centre, no pubs, flat pack ground, silly ticket pricing. You could easily make the case that it's the worst in the football league for fans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don't think anybody is deliberately playing it down. It's just that, for many of us brought up in north Leicestershire, Coventry have simply never been on our radar as a rival. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

See, the way you feel about Cov is the way I feel about Derby. That's probably because the big games in the 90s against Derby were just a bit before my time. Coventry certainly care more about us than they do the West Midlands clubs apart from Villa, who really don't care about them. 

Coventry is our closest away game and on a good day you can go from ground to ground in just over half an hour. 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There's a post on there that said he wouldn't swap their last 10 years for ours. 

• Haha 1

I think we need to play like at Ipswich with that kind of intensity and looking for the quick pass when they press on. If we approach it at walking pace like a home game v Huddersfield then we might come unstuck...

unlike at ipswich, if we get on top we need to go for them. 

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think it's face to face banter that has spilled over into us conning ourselves on here.

It's standard wind up merchant stuff to be like "cov?, never heard of them mate." When you are in a conversation with cov fans.

But I think that sort of stuff also works on our own fans. We start saying it to ourselves and in some way, a few of us believe it and repeat it. Even if were privately well up for the game, we feign indifference.

It's a weird kidology and it makes no sense really.

12 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

See, the way you feel about Cov is the way I feel about Derby. That's probably because the big games in the 90s against Derby were just a bit before my time. Coventry certainly care more about us than they do the West Midlands clubs apart from Villa, who really don't care about them. 

Coventry is our closest away game and on a good day you can go from ground to ground in just over half an hour. 

I dont give that much of a shit about Derby either if I'm honest. Maybe I'm the wrong person to give an opinion on this, I largely don't give much of a shit about local rivalries all that much. 

First clubs I can ever remember disliking as a kid were Forest, Birmingham, Millwall and Leeds because their fans seemed to be the ones most likely to start singing "town full of P****" and generally being absolute trash back at Filbo. 

Cov and Derby just seem pretty benign to me. 

I could give a handful of reasons I dislike most fanbase in English football tbh, I'm a petty, judgemental, ill tempered **** who holds grudges. I've just never been that bothered by geography. I dislike Notts Forest fans more for the general scummy racism and their clinging-to-the-past delusion than because they happen to be from just down the road in the little town of West Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire. 

It’s very hard for me to treat this like a Derby. It’s a local game, so you want the win but very much another game for me. 

I don’t think Ive known a cov fan, ever. Coventry as a city is pretty shit. As a team, during my years of supporting Leicester they’ve either been on par or far worse than us. We beat them often. It’s similar to games against Derby for me. another game/team I can’t treat as a pure Derby. Just can’t treat it any different because they’re usually beneath us on various aspects. 

When you compare it to Forest for me. I have many friends who are Forest fans. When I got into football Forest were very good. We were ok. I can remember 1 win at the City Ground in my entire time of supporting Leicester (probably more but only the Knockaert goal one I can recall), even when they were shit. Good history. Decent city. So much more to hate.

Lets just beat them and add to the gap. 

Sky blues talk is a good read

Leicester and their desperation for derbies. Notts F, Derby, Cov… anyone… please be a Derby team. No one cares about them. My old man played for Leicester and even he doesn’t like them 😂

No one cares for us, then states is dad even hates us