Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Jonny Evans the miracle man

Is anyone else a bit confused about this?  

I honestly believed he was committed to Leicester.  He was our captain after Kasper left ffs!  He always seemed happy, good banter with other players, no rumours about pushing for a move etc.  So of course we were all upset when he was permanently injured, and knew he’d be disappointed that he wasn’t able to help us stay up.  It was just a shame that he was getting older and his career was seemingly over due to recurring heel/hamstring/back problems.

Except now he’s at Man U he’s fine, starting games, not coming off injured, playing enthusiastically.

Was it all a lie?!!  Or do they have miracle healers at Old Trafford?

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 23:54, Oxfordfox83 said:

Top 10 CBs in my time as a fan:

Huth

Elliott

Fofana 🐍

Morgan

Taggart (maybe rose tinted but I loved him)

Evans

Maguire

Hobbs

Walsh (I was a bit young for his prime)

Wasilewski

Evans was great for a season and a half, and good when he played a lot of the rest of the time. But tell me you’d honestly prefer him to Morgan, Elliott, Huth in a matchday side and I think you’re underestimating the big lads.

Personally think Soyuncu’s one great season was better than Maguire, Fofana or Taggart’s one good season tbf (in the top flight, Taggart had a good season in the Championship too).

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 00:26, Oxfordfox83 said:

Cold light of now, I think I wanted to avoid having both PL winners at the top, but Morgan should obviously be no.2. 

Not far off otherwise, though I guess people who saw Walsh’s prime would have him a couple of spots higher…

i think it’s probably the opposite. Walsh was great for longevity and commitment but his peak was not as high as many others on that list if we’re honest. Outside of the 96/97 season most of his best performances were in the 2nd tier. The likes of Morgan, Huth, Elliott, Soyuncu, Fofana and Evans’ best seasons were better than Walsh’s best seasons, but there’s a lot more to take into account with Walsh in terms of longevity and iconic goals etc. So it depends what you’re taking into account

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Personally think Soyuncu’s one great season was better than Maguire, Fofana or Taggart’s one good season tbf (in the top flight, Taggart had a good season in the Championship too).

No Tunchev in that list is disgusting