Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit of a Phil foden vibe. Like Foden, he's probably got two 16 year old kids and a 28 year old mam. 

Hopefully his mother behaves herself. Mummy Foden seems a bit of a player.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

I thought he is out of contract in the summer or is this clever accounting by the club to defer into next seasons FFP numbers. 

He is.

But it a compromise, they want a fee of 3m we don't want to pay that now and only want him permanently if we go up.

So it buy now pay later and all parties win.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I thought he is out of contract in the summer or is this clever accounting by the club to defer into next seasons FFP numbers. 

it must be the latter if things are tight on the FFP front and probably why this has been dragged out for a few weeks if inter wanted the 2 mill now

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

it must be the latter if things are tight on the FFP front and probably why this has been dragged out for a few weeks if inter wanted the 2 mill now

Not really, if it's 2m and we sign him on a 3 year contract only 666k would be amortised against this years books if we brought him now. 

I think it's more we don't want to be stuck with his wages if we blow going up.

He's wage for a season we cost more than the transfer fee.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not really, if it's 2m and we sign him on a 3 year contract only 666k would be amortised against this years books if we brought him now. 

I think it's more we don't want to be stuck with his wages if we blow going up.

He's wage for a season we cost more than the transfer fee.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He is out of contract end june

our ffp accounts  are to end June 

so makes no difference 

unless inter are going to add a year to his contract (possible) before we take the loan then we have to complete the purchase before end June 

I assume the loan with mandatory buy on promotion is to protect us in the event that we don’t go up. But I can’t see how that works for inter unless it’s a take it or leave it €500k or he just sits out his final six months 

will be interesting to see if they do add a years option onto his contract on the event that we don’t go up. 

• Thanks 1

Seems a sensible signing. Isn’t going to be on a huge contract relative to us getting into the prem, and with Ndidi and Praet leaving at the end of the season it more than balances out.

I like the look of his passing range which is something we don’t have in midfield, with my only concern being the physicality side.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

so makes no difference 

unless inter are going to add a year to his contract (possible) before we take the loan then we have to complete the purchase before end June 

I assume the loan with mandatory buy on promotion is to protect us in the event that we don’t go up. But I can’t see how that works for inter unless it’s a take it or leave it €500k or he just sits out his final six months 

will be interesting to see if they do add a years option onto his contract on the event that we don’t go up. 

Quite possibly because our financial obligations to the end of June are EFL requirements, rather than PSR for the PL. 

Although as @coolhandfox has said, there's very little difference in the accounts in paying a 500k loan fee or paying 666k across 3 years. It must be the longer term view we are protecting ourselves against.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite possibly because our financial obligations to the end of June are EFL requirements, rather than PSR for the PL. 

Although as @coolhandfox has said, there's very little difference in the accounts in paying a 500k loan fee or paying 666k across 3 years. It must be the longer term view we are protecting ourselves against.

Maybe they are paying most of his wages now and we effectively re imbusre them from the fee in June - which is them amortised over the  three years of his contract 

word was that they wanted €2m and this deal will be €2.5m if we go up 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Have to give Rudkin the credit on this one really if we/Enzo desperately want him now. Smart way of doing it.

Agree. If it's a creative way of securing Sensi now, and it keeps Enzo happy - I'm all for it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

so makes no difference 

The date a player signs doesn't dictate when the fee is paid.

You can agree any payment plan for the transfer fee you like as long as it agree between the two clubs.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I agree with the summations above. I can also imagine that Sensi himself doesn't want to lumber himself with another 2 years in the Champ if we do somehow blow this.

Protects all parties really.

Yeah literally this.

it’s literally as simple as inter wanting 2.5 for the privilege of getting Sensi now… they don’t care how or when that’s paid, so if we can do that by spreading costs for FFP and the guarantee of getting promoted then that makes sense for all parties.

As you say including for Sensi. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The date a player signs doesn't dictate when the fee is paid.

You can agree any payment plan for the transfer fee you like as long as it agree between the two clubs.

He is out of contract at the end of June 

we have to complete a deal with inter before then or he’s a free agent 

the fee is amortised (annual cost ) in the accounts year by year (ending June 30th).

I don’t think this is  a cash flow situation 

Edited by st albans fox

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we go up there's no difference in accounts. If we don't then we only pay 500k and avoid his wages in the championship. It's actually pretty smart for us and the player

I'm guessing this is why we are paying more then earlier rumours on the fee suggested. Inter are happy to gamble with the higher fee as we are top of the championship. Very little risk to us or Sensi

Edited by foxes1988